So how long till L2 dies?

Right now l2 is on its last breaths. I will give it another 3 years tops. How did i get to that conclusion? Well i remember 2 years ago that on hz there were around 390-410 servers registered, right now its like 210 servers, thats a huge drop in 2 years. Up until 2010 there were like 500-400 servers around.

Right now l2 is on its last breaths. I will give it another 3 years tops. How did i get to that conclusion? Well i remember 2 years ago that on hz there were around 390-410 servers registered, right now its like 210 servers, thats a huge drop in 2 years. Up until 2010 there were like 500-400 servers around.

Drawing that conclusion just by watching hopzone's activity .... the community is indeed decreasing but the server amo-unt it appears to be increasing since every kid makes a server nowadays. And for l2 to die you need a lot of russians  to die also  ;D . You should check their servers like lineage.ru , RPG-Club or others(they have their own top sites) and tell me them when l2 is going to end for them.

Guest Elfocrash

a game that can be developed over and over again will die when developers or players don't have any imagination left for something new to create

It won't be long,with all these ignorant players who play interlude and all the spanish/brasilian noobs opening so many servers.

Totally agree. The 65% of free servers are interlude. They should be at least Freya/High five. :P

Totally agree. The 65% of free servers are interlude. They should be at least Freya/High five. :P

GFinal or Hi5.

Anyway here's my 50cents:

- L2 will never fully die, perhaps in 7years, but until then, there will always be an active server with "la resistance", even if its just 20 players.

As for when will it decrease? Well, my guess is it will fully start once we fully breach TERA's datacenter.dat, allowing us to make retail-like TERA servers with all its features. Then once L3 and other MMOs are released, the remaining population will rapidly decrease, especially if we take in consideration Play for Free models are the future of MMOs.

PS- Please check this stupid thread http://maxcheaters.com/forum/index.php?topic=249598.0

L2 is ready to die because all the players try to make their own server after a while.

Good argument, but they do fail after a week or month tops, so they return to be regular players. One of my critics is that L2 players claim to want something new, but always settle for the traditional servers that even the dumbest person can make, and that is the issue, and that is why there are so many 'newbies' making servers.

considering that 100% bug free

Well, you haven't ever played on official servers. HF right before transition to GoD was broken. Even Oly was fucking broken.

NO DONNATION ITEMS - best think there

And you definitely haven't played since F2P.

Imo it wont die,maybe will decrease more,but that will be interesting because if a smart guy knows to make a good server many people will go there.It will be few servers with more community .

P.S: As some1 said: are too many interlude servers ;\

Imo it wont die,maybe will decrease more,but that will be interesting because if a smart guy knows to make a good server many people will go there.It will be few servers with more community .

P.S: As some1 said: are too many interlude servers ;\

true that!

It's already dead aesthetically.

Majority doesn't like new updates - less variety.

Less variety = same old stuff.

People either do not like new stuff or they don't like dead servers. It's a double edged sword.

People still try to theory craft economy, level, progression, raid boss system, "unique" gameplay. The best part people want retail gameplay <- just makes me rofl.

As far source code and availability - it's got potential.

But it's like arguing with a wall. Introduce something new - no one accepts it, join the hate wagon.

Don't do anything and keep retail - dies in 2 weeks cos it's fkin NASCAR.