[Discussion]Programming Languages Future

UnixCode

Which programming language/es you believe has/have a good future?

Answer,comment in the topic and give reasons (if you want).

I believe for java,c++ and especially java, it can be used everywhere.

I would vote for C.Its really good.Its already used almost everywhere, from the military (controlling missiles,submarines and weapons) to a huge percentage of all the internet servers either as in an operating system or as traffic controlling and other stuff.(With C you can access hardware parts of your computer directly assuming you have a good knowledge of it,I used C for my second semester in my class and I already can access and write to memory easily using pointers, the possibilities to do stuff with C are outstanding).

You shouldn't also forget about web development languages they are the future of programming.

I would vote for C.Its really good.Its already used almost everywhere, from the military (controlling missiles,submarines and weapons) to a huge percentage of all the internet servers either as in an operating system or as traffic controlling and other stuff.(With C you can access hardware parts of your computer directly assuming you have a good knowledge of it,I used C for my second semester in my class and I already can access and write to memory easily using pointers, the possibilities to do stuff with C are outstanding).

You shouldn't also forget about web development languages they are the future of programming.

web developing programming languages include also.

Anyway thanks a lot for your answer, waiting more more comments with your answers gyes.

Future is the correct word.

There is no answer to your question...

Exactly. Cloud computing is the future.

Future is the correct word.

There is no answer to your question...

Exactly. Cloud computing is the future.

but why there is no answer? Maybe yes, all the programming languages are made to do some specific things ok, but which you support?

Its hard to say which language is more perspective, because each language got strong and weak points, each language may be more useful in different conditions.

Its hard to say which language is more perspective, because each language got strong and weak points, each language may be more useful in different conditions.

True. I often write, even parts of one project, in more than 1 language. However I think that the brighter future is in front of Java. Its most flexible, many things can be easy coded (and in different languages you would have to work much harder to archieve same result, additionally with higher chance of making mistake).

True. I often write, even parts of one project, in more than 1 language. However I think that the brighter future is in front of Java. Its most flexible, many things can be easy coded (and in different languages you would have to work much harder to archieve same result, additionally with higher chance of making mistake).

Java is good actually,its used on phones,tablets etc, even cars.It also has web extensions (java applets) which makes Java more flexible, and it can be used almost anywhere, its cross-platform, it has many advantages...

However what Matim said is true.

• 5 weeks later...

Java is good actually,its used on phones,tablets etc, even cars.It also has web extensions (java applets) which makes Java more flexible, and it can be used almost anywhere, its cross-platform, it has many advantages...

However what Matim said is true.

True. And also I think so microsoft will have some ideas for the future with .NET

True. And also I think so microsoft will have some ideas for the future with .NET

Microsoft has invested a lot of money in .net framework so I don't think is going down that easily.They update it often and the msdn (microsoft developers network) has a large number of developers which keeps .net framework alive and especially C#.

• 2 months later...
Guest Elfocrash

Look it is simple.As long as C is the mother language of all programming languages it is obvious that every single Language that exist out there will have it's roots on C so you can't talk about programming language future.

For example look at java language .

it was originally created for consumer electronics (TV, VCR, Freeze, Washing

Machine, Mobile Phone).

after some years it became one of the best programming languages.

so you can't talk about future in programming languages.everything is possible

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Pascal!Actually the best!

Pascal is an 80's language, it influenced the creation of java, tho it's pretty much dead right now, they still teach it in crappy schools.

C++ is also on a stand still, it was created to make C look simpler, cus of  C++ we have java right now.

I'm gonna quote James Gosling from wikipedia here

Gosling is generally credited with having invented the Java programming language in 1994.[9][10][11] He created the original design of Java and implemented the language's original compiler and virtual machine. Gosling traces the origins of the approach to his early 1980s graduate student days, when he created a pseudo-code (p-code) virtual machine for the lab's DEC VAX computer so that his professor could run programs written in UCSD Pascal. Pascal compiled into p-code to foster precisely this kind of portability. In the work leading to Java at Sun, he saw that architecture-neutral execution for widely-distributed programs could be achieved by implementing a similar philosophy: always program for the same virtual machine. [12]

For his achievement he was elected to Foreign Associate member of the United States National Academy of Engineering.[13] He has also made major contributions to several other software systems, such as NeWS and Gosling Emacs. He co-wrote the "bundle" program, a utility thoroughly detailed in Brian Kernighan and Rob Pike's book The Unix Programming Environment.

So C# is kind of his influence too XD

Java was mocked and is still is by C/C++ hard heads whom never went outside of the C world. But it advances, with every version release it's getting more and more stronger, atm java has well over 500 milion developers and it's basically everywhere even in ATMs ;)

There were five primary goals in the creation of the Java language:

It should be "simple, object-oriented and familiar"

It should be "robust and secure"

It should be "architecture-neutral and portable"

It should execute with "high performance"

It should be "interpreted, threaded, and dynamic"

And lets say how awesome it is to use native code and every outside coding language just implementing a scripting shell.