Editing a *.u Lineage 2 files!!

THIS GUIDE IS FOR SERIOUS L2 CLIENT MODDER ONLY, NO BITCHING, NO QQing,

I obtain this method by myself so this is a clear HINT on how to do it!

I will updating this guide regularly, any question will be answered through this topic.

Yes, I am retiring from Lineage 2 so I can concentrate in business more :< sadface

Tools that you will need!

===============

1. UTPT

2. l2decrypt

3. Any hex editor, I mainly use Hex Workshop V.6

Here I will give an example to edit a glow in weapon. Yes, to revive any dead particles.

What would you need to do is to take lineageeffect.u from system folder

Copy it as lineageeffect2.u

decript lineageeffect2.u using l2decrypt, encription name does not matter

here is the trick on how to READ a file structure

open the ORIGINAL lineageeffect.u

you pick an EFFECT.. for example ab_bleeding

right click on it and press (Analize Raw Object) / Format > Auto format

The file on the right will be clusterized when you move your mouse this will respect to each values such as rotation, directiono, color, effect, hit per sec, respawn dead particle etc etc... ( you can try this yourself)

now what you need to do is to change the effect.

To edit a .u file you must :

1. decript the file (lineageeffect2.u) using a l2 decrypt ( the drag and drop type of decripter, very old one shared in sexyracing.com)

2. open it up in your HEX editor (lineageeffect2.u)

3. read the FILE STRUCTURE from the ORIGINAL lineageeffect.u

i give you an example

to change the size of the effect of ab_bleeding

You will read 40 01 24 9A 99 99 3E

This is translated as DrawScale(float)=0.30

0.30 in hexadecimal is 3E 99 99 9A so you will read it OPPOSITE in l2 file structure

http://babbage.cs.qc.edu/IEEE-754/Decimal.html  <--- I use this cool hexadecimal converter

so for example if u want to change the size to 0.40 you will need to change the number to 3ECCCCCD ------> 40 01 CD CC CC 3E

WARNING: you must edit the decrypted .u files or it WILL NOT GIVE THE SAME FILE STRUCTURE AS IN UTPT

HOW TO FIND WHICH ONE TO EDIT QUICKLY

=============================

In UTPT  shows file address , the size i mean here located in 00138FE7. In HEX workshop you can quickly search this address by right clicking on the file address

TO READ THE EDITED EFFECT

===================

you dont need to decrypt it back to original l2 file format ( as far as i know I use in Hellbound)

I mainly test it using lineage effect in weapons

Have fun , any questions will be answered in this topic.

No QQ or BS in topic thanks

English only!

SORRY NO PICTS! I am lazy to host or edit or anything

Well, its really nice share, but I think, so far, its not a "ULTIMATE" share - You just mentioned some really basic stuffs here. There are many, many more complicated issues, but I will not explaind them.

We will see, if You will edit this tread with new infos, but for now You did 1/5 part of a good guide, but I think L2sMod will be pissed off anyway :D

Thx for Your time and keep up.

EDIT:

If I can give You small advice - You should "hide" this tread with at least 50 post I think. Just saying :)

OMG , hexadecimal editing is archaic   :o :o :o

Use UT Packages to create your own editor.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/utpackages/

Well, yeah, but its not so simple. I dint think that anyone who start to edit *.u file will handle this just like that.

At least this will be a start to have real sex with L2 Client modding

Emmm, I dont thik so...First, L2 client modding started to be -beep-ed when guides about creating textures came out. After all, we have 10000x of items with pink, purple, and lightning effect on it. Now we will see what this guide will born. If You hope for shares with cool effects, I think You have 101% wrong...

And be ready for thousends of silly questions about modding *.u file.

BTW:

I will tell it one again - better HIDE this tread  ::)

gratz for you, a nice guide not fully but is a nice begining :) wait for more info about that and you get +1 from me take care.

For those who said this is not a full guide means you know nothing about .u editing.

Like I said, this is the basic for it, the key for it, once you understand this you can edit L2 effects, monster size , glow color, augment color/texture/effect, modded glow texture etc2.

[Hidden post: You need 100 posts or become a VIP or Donator member to see it. You currently have 76.]

ahhhhhhhhhhhh! nooo

...Who cares ?

Dont SPAM the tread

[Hidden post: You need 100 posts or become a VIP or Donator member to see it. You currently have 76.]

ahhhhhhhhhhhh! nooo

take care before posting!! you can't see topics don't spam there!!! first warning!!!!

Actually you can use this tool : WOTgreal EXPORTER

With this tool you can read the Script files inside .U files

What you do next is...

1) You are using L2decrypt to decrypt the target .U file

2) You can open the decrypted file with your hex editor ( Flex Hex is the best for sure )

3) Search and replace the strings you want ( It don't need to be in hexademical structure..you can use Ansi characters )

4) Crypt again the file and run :)

You can really handle all the thinks from those files... But be carefull :)

P.S. : This is not a ultimate share... It is a really basic think that a newbie that tries to modify an Unreal Engine system must Know

Actually you can use this tool : WOTgreal EXPORTER

Yeah, but WG allow only to edit *.uc files which are extracted from *.u file. There is no way to import them back to lineageeffect.u file - You will get error while starting l2.exe (so far i've tested).

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• As a sidenote, it was added in aCis 408, under //find subcategory : AdminCommands - Revamp //tele panels. - Introduce //find item [name]. Ty melron for initial idea, StinkyMadness/CUCU23 for improvements. - Introduce //find npc [name], delete 6 related admincommands : - admin_show_spawns - admin_spawn_index - admin_spawn_reload - admin_npc_index - admin_spawn_once - admin_show_npcs
    • German Produced Hager Werken Embalming Compound Pink Powder in General it 1kg=R8000 Hager werken embalming powder +27839281381 made in Germany, available in Johannesburg South Africa. Embalming is the art and science of preserving human remains by treating them (in its modern form with chemicals) to forestall decomposition. The intention is to keep them suitable for public display at a funeral, for religious reasons, or for medical and scientific purposes such as their use as anatomical specimens.[1] The three goals of embalming are senitization, presentation and preservation (or restoration). Embalming has a very long and cross-cultural history, with many cultures giving the embalming processes a greater religious meaning. Specific uses are: sanitization, presentation and preservation (or restoration). Types of embalming powder types of embalming powder is dependent on the purity . Purity: 98%, 100% Hot Compound Origin: Germany Brand: Hager Werken PURITY ON COLOR. Pink: 98% White: 100% Hager werken products are sold through the Dental trade worldwide Please contact your pharmacist or dentist. Dealers if you are not currently a Hager werken Customer please contact our Customer Service Distributor direct in south Africa: +27839281381 contact: +27839281381 Email: ivanssente@gmail.com website: https://embalmingpowderfor.wixsite.com/mysite We transport them worldwide by DHL or by post office speed delivery
    • German Produced Hager Werken Embalming Compound Pink Powder in General it 1kg=R8000 Hager werken embalming powder +27839281381 made in Germany, available in Johannesburg South Africa. Embalming is the art and science of preserving human remains by treating them (in its modern form with chemicals) to forestall decomposition. The intention is to keep them suitable for public display at a funeral, for religious reasons, or for medical and scientific purposes such as their use as anatomical specimens.[1] The three goals of embalming are senitization, presentation and preservation (or restoration). Embalming has a very long and cross-cultural history, with many cultures giving the embalming processes a greater religious meaning. Specific uses are: sanitization, presentation and preservation (or restoration). Types of embalming powder types of embalming powder is dependent on the purity . Purity: 98%, 100% Hot Compound Origin: Germany Brand: Hager Werken PURITY ON COLOR. Pink: 98% White: 100% Hager werken products are sold through the Dental trade worldwide Please contact your pharmacist or dentist. Dealers if you are not currently a Hager werken Customer please contact our Customer Service Distributor direct in south Africa: +27839281381 contact: +27839281381 Email: ivanssente@gmail.com website: https://embalmingpowderfor.wixsite.com/mysite We transport them worldwide by DHL or by post office speed delivery
  • Topics