20% Faster Internet Connection

Versus

i googled a lot on this thing....windows really reserves 20% of bandwith BUT FOR qos..(quality of service) when it`s actually ACTIVE running..(whats qos? wikipedia quote : "Quality of service is the ability to provide different priority to different applications, users, or data flows, or to guarantee a certain level of performance to a data flow" )

so here`s an example .. if u`re downloading 2 things at the same time from 2 diferent programs (ex mozzila and the other one a ftp client or smthing like that).let`s say that ftp client uses the qos  service..so u will see that from ftp client u will download much faster and the mozzila download will be slower .why? because the ftp client uses the qos service(has much more priority from the bandwith with the help from qos) ..so the 20% bandwith IT`S STILL YOURS.....u`re still using it but it has more priority for the prg that are using qos)...

so yes this will increase your loading page speed etc...becuz maybe there where programs in your comp that used qos and took 20% of your bandwith...now all of your prg uses equally your bandwith..:D..but at download speeds it wont be any diference

i googled a lot on this thing....windows really reserves 20% of bandwith BUT FOR qos..(quality of service) when it`s actually ACTIVE running..(whats qos? wikipedia quote : "Quality of service is the ability to provide different priority to different applications, users, or data flows, or to guarantee a certain level of performance to a data flow" )

so here`s an example .. if u`re downloading 2 things at the same time from 2 diferent programs (ex mozzila and the other one a ftp client or smthing like that).let`s say that ftp client uses the qos  service..so u will see that from ftp client u will download much faster and the mozzila download will be slower .why? because the ftp client uses the qos service(has much more priority from the bandwith with the help from qos) ..so the 20% bandwith IT`S STILL YOURS.....u`re still using it but it has more priority for the prg that are using qos)...

so yes this will increase your loading page speed etc...becuz maybe there where programs in your comp that used qos and took 20% of your bandwith...now all of your prg uses equally your bandwith..:D..but at download speeds it wont be any diference

I can't tell the things better than u.I can only say that i am using it much time now and i remember that i was impressed because my speed was increased.I remember that i was downloading with 70 KB/sec and after this with 100 KB/sec (1MB connection).This is what i can say..Anything else

I can't tell the things better than u.I can only say that i am using it much time now and i remember that i was impressed because my speed was increased.I remember that i was downloading with 70 KB/sec and after this with 100 KB/sec (1MB connection).This is what i can say..Anything else

i have 1 mb connection too and already downloads 100/105 kb/sec so i will see a difference if i do this?

i have 1 mb connection too and already downloads 100/105 kb/sec so i will see a difference if i do this?

I don't know i am from crete..Here our connections suck!

pff With 1mbps you download max 108 depends from were you download!! Not from this things  do whatever you want 1mbps=107/108 max you cant change that

Exactly.

Well ye for me it increase my download speed too..

I used to download with 60 kb/s max 80 and now my download speed doesnt fall more than 75 kb/s..

It pwns.

I don't say that is a good thing i readed many post about this kinda things and they didn't work.. but is worth to try

I wanna tell u something that u propably didn't understand.The only thing we do is changing windows options.Anything else that probably would be harmful to ur computer isn't posted here.

• 3 weeks later...

did u make restart your pc ? also with mozilla i have better speed .... PS i think it shows the same speed when u test your speed but its higher ... i think so ..