Question about high-rate low populated servers...

Koyuki

What do you think makes players not stay too long?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think makes players not stay too long?

• Non-instant pvp (lots of farming)
    • Non stop adena farming for equips
    • Hard enchant rate
    • 1 dominat OP class (example = dagger)
    • All harder for them than it was for older players

Non-instant pvp (lots of farming):

Not really,farming is needed.But u need to balance things,in order a little farming gives u basic items for pvps,and long farming gives u top items ,but not so OP(px 1 play killing 2-3 togethers)

By this i mean,much much farm will give u a nice boost,but not so OP

Non stop adena farming for equips:Adena is the best currency,than all.If u know how to handle it

anyway,for me getting the best equips must be with long farm,and easy farm for basic ones.By best equips,i would mean a custom one,not OP,for reason i mentioned above

definitely noone likes farming all day for basic equipment

Hard enchant rate:

Definitely,Hard enchant rate > Big enchant max

hell yeah,someone will have +7/8 weapon,u can kill him with a +4/5 if u are experienced

but the best is falling enchant rates(less ER at more ++)

1 dominat OP class (example = dagger):

This is a fail example.Yeah,some ppl may quit cause of archers OP,mages OP,but no daggers,lol(except they are really OP)

We all know daggers are totally useless in mass pvps,and pwners in solo pvp.It's stupid seeing some noob gm's boosting archers and nerfing archers,just for solo pvps.You have to think mass pvps,mostly

All harder for them than it was for older players:

Definitely,this is a reason for emoquit.

It's better making easier for new players(px a hard farm item,that used to need 20 hours of farm(px) ) after 1-2 months can go to 5-6 hours of farming,and putting a new farm item

If u get what i mean

This mistake is criminal

I hope i answered ur questions :P

i will explain all:

1st - Non-instant pvp means... having to farm from 0 - 85 in main class, than level all 3 subclasses, do certification and waste the whole day to build a  basic character and than weeks to get equips to be able to pvp older players... weeks of solo-ing farming to be able to pvp .otherwise you will die over and over...it evolves certifications, skill enchanting and getting books to have same skill levels as older players, a chance to go to an epic boss and obtain an epic jewel, than try enchant that jewel..it may take months... better play low rate instead so everyone is at same level???

2nd - adena farming for equips evolves farming for hours to do some enchanting in the front of npc, fail all and go back to repeat to do everything again over and over and over... it sucks doesnt? some people dont have time to do that, ore are tired of that... its just isnt fun

3rd - Hard enchanting rate means break all the itens with the adena you farmed over hours (or minutes) to make crystals and do it all over again and again and repeat...it doesnt matter if adena rate is x5000 but enchants are said to be 66% but are actually 33%... youre going to waste lots of time in the front of npc and farming zone to have the same low enchanted equips you had before...or worse...

4th - dominant class is the majority of the players makes when they see they can obtain easy pvps...yes dagger suck in self buffed pvp, but they can ruin the pvp for huge HP characters when they come from behind and give a 10/10 lethal attack to take down whole hp....also clans tends to make group of daggers to attack enemy bishops and kill them in 1-2 hits

same goes to archer that kills in 2-3 criticals...if the new player dont like to use these classes and prefer a mage or tank, and will be pwned without any chance to defense, he will leave

5th some servers made stupid decisions in the beginning like flood it with blessed enchant scrolls with high % of success than they see the mistake and remove it all and drop enchant rates by the point its impossible for the new players to make +++ gear compared to the one older players got...

I choosed hard enchant rates, since it's the most hated part of lineage, overall enchanting.

You can do something against the rest, but not againstenchant rates..

You just fail and fail.. farm again and fail again, it's very fustrating. Op classes have counters too, believe me, they have. Farm is ok, since you can bot your half life out(we are on MxC, hello?).

I used to like low populated servers, it lacked pvp a bit, but the gm made it intresting to stay.

I think that the worst part in lineage is farming,not so much xping rather than farming...farming needs endless hours in front of a PC just to acquire some decent gear and then,even if u succeed in buying kick-ass gear, you'll see that some1 has spent even more hours than u farming and has even better items than u...so for me what would repell me from staying in one server is endless farming

About the dominant classes(I'm mentiong it cause most of the voters chose that) I dont think that they are so bad(compared to the others at least)...I mean, if u really like a server then u'll stay even if u have to create one "dominant class" char(e.g. dagger)...that's what I would do anyway...

I think that the worst part in lineage is farming,not so much xping rather than farming...farming needs endless hours in front of a PC just to acquire some decent gear and then,even if u succeed in buying kick-ass gear, you'll see that some1 has spent even more hours than u farming and has even better items than u...so for me what would repell me from staying in one server is endless farming

That was my point above

in a high max enchant server , you will exactly this thing

while in a hard enchant,even big farm many times can't be OP