aCis - another CRAPPY interlude server

Tryskell

Happy birthday tryskell, little late but better than never :)

i want to ask you if your back is full protection from bugs cause i want to open a x300 server..

What you ask doesn't exist. You still can adapt systems such as ccpGuard, I think about adding such system on aCis, but that's not the good moment atm, I got many big reworks on fire. Understand aCis got whatever current L2J has as protections (which means almost nothing when you begin to speak about packets-based softwares).

Changeset 280

Quests

- addition of Q326, Q330, Q376, Q377, Q380, Q622.

- fix last revision loop edit on Varka/Ketra scripts. Ty xblx for warning.

- fix Q624 party quest state.

Free revision 270 will be shared today.

What you ask doesn't exist. You still can adapt systems such as ccpGuard, I think about adding such system on aCis, but that's not the good moment atm, I got many big reworks on fire. Understand aCis got whatever current L2J has as protections (which means almost nothing when you begin to speak about packets-based softwares).

Free revision 270 will be shared today.

So its full protected like remove weapon when subclass bugs and flood protection bugs but not protected against ddos?

DDoS file protect? Oh c'mon.

It is common on some l2j projects. Attacker uses packet flooder to flood server and cause DoS. It is easy to cause and easy to block if code is written as should.

A good way to get "protected" from exploits is to have fast enough hard drive for your database. MySQL delay can "help" with some exploits.

Dunno what ppl got about DDoS, anyway it got STRICTLY nothing to do with L2J in particular. If you find some antiDDoS integrated to L2J, trust my words, forget that pack cause devs got no clue about what IS a DDoS.

Anyway rev 281 coming in same day, and as you bump my topic I profite about it muhaha.

Changeset 281

Fishing tournament, GM commands && misc

Fishing tournament

- the most awaited && acclaimed feature of 2007 finally added.

- what more to say... Stfu && enjoy ?

- dedicated to sahar. He knows why.

- ty UnAfraid for some HTMs.

GM commands

- //list_spawns now uses an HTM with clickable locations. It also uses current target if npcId entered as parameter isn't ok.

- added a button on shift+click npc info list for spawns.

- //list_locations command is dropped, as //list_spawns makes that job by default now.

- slight edit of main_menu.htm.

ServerVariables

- addition of a table dedicated to misc things of the server.

- probably will store more than current use (only fishing tournament atm). Events, 7S, olympiads ?

Misc

- rework StatsSet, picking up g1ta0's work. Probably more to come, it's a gold mine...

Report on forum about fishing tournament. As the system comes from a well known source, I didn't bothered to test too much. I added some HTMs, one missing SystemMessage, fix the custom length formula which now fits retail criterias, and observed the regular mechanism of load/save. For example, I didn't test reward period. So tests and reports, even if working, would be appreciated.

So it's just a flood protector which is, as you said, common in L2J projects. Anyway if we talk about serious UDP/SYN flood then there is no way to block it via packet filter like that.

That has nothing to do with L2j but your system firewall. Flood protector won't help if server software is coded shit since flood protector could collapse on it's own weight.

Dunno what ppl got about DDoS, anyway it got STRICTLY nothing to do with L2J in particular. If you find some antiDDoS integrated to L2J, trust my words, forget that pack cause devs got no clue about what IS a DDoS.

That's my point. If server software is coded "right", then you don't need extra protections. But if software is coded "bad" and spends all system's resources to serve network requests, then it will crash easily.

Anyway, that's totally offtopic and I have no experience on acis software. I just try to contribute that DoS is possible on bad server software but you better have to invest on a good firewall setup.

You dont understand... i know that its in xml folder but i dont ask for the xml files or the stats... i want to find the SQL files...

and I say again, check xml folder.

some sql tables are transfered to xml.

You dont understand... i know that its in xml folder but i dont ask for the xml files or the stats... i want to find the SQL files...

u are dumb ? there are no more .sql files for armors. Now they are in xml files... Learn to read..