[ΕΧΤRA]Call of Duty:Black Ops - EASTER EGGS!

Hello everybody!

First of all,I'd like to make clear that this contains some SPOILERS so I'd suggest,the ones who haven't played or finished the game and want to discover the game's "easter eggs" without reading a thing on the i-net,to skip this.

It's not something I have discovered myself.It's 100% true and real.

All this,is taken from GAMESRADAR!

Let's go!

Escape the Chair!

escapechair--article_image.jpg

What a cool concept. You don't just play as secret soldier Alex Mason during the game… you play as him in the menu screens as well. Still strapped to the interrogation chair. Still questioned by that mysterious shadow. Still surrounded by flickering monitors and dirty torture equipment. You can look around all you want, even down at your imprisoned arms and legs, but you can never escape.

Or can you? You can! Simply pull the left and right triggers on your controller, in quick and alternate succession: LEFT, RIGHT, LEFT, RIGHT, LEFT, RIGHT, LEFT, RIGHT, LEFT, RIGHT. Do it fast enough and Mason will suddenly break free of his restraints and stand up, free to explore the room.

BONUS: Finding this Easter egg will earn you the Achievement / Trophy "Just ask me nicely"

Access a secret Computer Terminal!

computer--article_image.jpg

Once free from the interrogation chair, the first thing (really, the only thing) you'll want to do in this menu room is walk over to the small computer terminal tucked away in the back corner. The game will instruct you to hit a button, and voila – a really old, really clunky '60s-era operating system!

Type out "HELP" for a basic idea of what commands are possible in this retro terminal. We'll walk you through the documents and programs we've found so far, but if you experiment enough, you're bound to discover something new. Also, if you own a USB keyboard, we recommend plugging it in now.

Unlock the Dead Ops Arcade mode!

deadopsarcade--article_image.jpg

You've played Nazi Zombies and, after beating the campaign, you've played Pentagon "Five" Zombies with JFK, Castro, Nixon and McNamara. But what about that third missing option, currently blacked out in the Zombie menu? What unlocks that?

Simple. At the computer command prompt, enter "DOA" to launch Dead Ops Arcade, an old-school, top-down, dual-stick shooter similar to Robotron, Smash TV or Geometry Wars… only with armies of zombies, remote control helicopters and an evil space gorilla. It's fun, it's surprisingly lengthy and best of all, it supports co-op. After you've entered the "DOA" code and played that first time, Dead Ops Arcade will always be available from the main menu.

BONUS: Finding this Easter egg will earn you the Achievement / Trophy "Insert Coin"

BONUS x2: Using the Speed Boost power-up in Dead Ops Arcade to kill 20 or more enemies at once will earn you the Achievement / Trophy "Easy Rhino"

Play ZORK!

zork--article_image.jpg

Yes, buried within one of this year's most high-budget, cutting-edge, action-packed explosion-thons is a 1980 text adventure in which you solve puzzles, navigate mazes and defeat trolls by typing at them. Zork I: The Great Underground Empire is a legendary milestone in the history of gaming and, should you grow bored of all the guns (or all the graphics) in Black Ops, it is fully playable when you type "ZORK" into the computer terminal's command prompt.

BONUS: Finding this Easter egg will earn you the Achievement / Trophy "Eaten by a Grue"

Letters from Mason's family!

letter--article_image.jpg

We're not done with the computer yet. In addition to playing the Zork and Dead Ops Arcade programs, you can access a whole list of documents hidden in the machine. Enter "DIR" to see a list of what's available, then type "CAT" followed by a space and the filename you want. Most interesting to us were the tragic series of letters from Alex Mason's father and sister, which add dimension to his personality and background.

Hidden Art & Music!

111210_CoDeaster_obs01--article_image.jpg

There are also .pic and .snd files that can be accessed through the "DIR" and "CAT" commands. The former display concept art of missions and characters, while the latter play soundtrack music from the game.

No RUSSIAN?Well,maybe a little!

russian2--article_image.jpg

The most famous line of dialogue in any Call of Duty – ever – is spoken by Modern Warfare 2's terrorist villain, Vladimir Makarov, at the start of the game's fourth mission. As an elevator door slowly opens, and an airport full of soon-to-be-slaughtered travelers is horrifyingly revealed, he reminds the player, "Remember, no Russian."

Cut to the beginning of Black Ops' fourth mission, in which another undercover protagonist is about to infiltrate a Soviet launch facility. As he straps on his boots and pulls on his mask, the character across from him turns and says, "I hope your time in Vorkuta helped your Russian, Mason."

Coincidence? Or intentional callback? We're going with the latter.

Mysterious objectives!

objectives--article_image.jpg

SPOILER ALERT! By the final two missions of Black Ops' campaign, protagonist Alex Mason has gone a bit coo-coo. He's paranoid, he's violent, he's hallucinating… and in a clever breakthrough of the fourth wall, the game transfers some of that madness to the you, the player. Pause during either the Revelations or Redemption missions and you won't see a real objective – just more of the numbers that have driven Mason out of his mind.

Double Rainbow!

doublerainbow--article_image.jpg

Oh my God, what does this mean? Two intense, full on rainbows all the way across the sky of Call of Duty: Black Ops? Right in the front yard of multiplayer map Nuketown? Oh wow! Oh wow! WOO HOO HOO! YEAH!

No, seriously, what does this Easter egg mean? Well, probably just that Treyarch's developers saw the

that everyone else saw back in July, then decided to throw the internet meme into their game. Now if only Hungrybear9562 were available as an avatar skin.

Also, see what's printed on the side of the school bus?

Population:You

welcometonuketown--article_image.jpg

While admiring the double rainbow in Nuketown, also be sure to check out the "Welcome to Nuketown" sign. Notice the population number? It changes to match the number of players in your match – after all, mannequins don't count as citizens, and they're the only other ones around.

Mannequin Surprise(Multiplayer)

mannequins--article_image.jpg

Here's a challenge. According to developer Treyarch, during an

with GameSpot editor (and former GamesRadar intern) Shaun McInnis:

"If you pop the heads off all the [Nuketown] mannequins… and I mean all of them… and I mean in record-breaking time… there's a little something special for you. [it] takes a well-coordinated team of people. You're gonna need a full team of professionals to make this happen."

So what's the reward? No one knows yet. The most popular rumor in forum threads is that a new zombie mode is unlocked, but as of this article's posting – four days after the game's release – a video with proof has yet to be uploaded anywhere. Which means you could still be the first to do so. If you succeed, let us know so we can post a story on your glorious triumph!

Teddy Bear returns!

teddybear--article_image.jpg

Teddy bears have been an ongoing Easter egg in this series since the very beginning – hell, this Call of Duty wiki page lists at least 35 appearances by the toy, scattered throughout the multiplayer and campaigns of at least five different games.

While we haven't spotted any during the Black Ops missions – yet – we definitely know they've returned. Above is a bloody, ravaged teddy bear from the Kino Der Toten zombies mode. He can be found right at the outset, on a balcony in the first area. If and when you locate more, let us know in the comments section.

The legendary WATERMELON(?!?) returns!

watermelons--article_image.jpg

Another mainstay in the Call of Duty universe is the watermelon. Modern Warfare required you to knife one of these refreshing and delicious fruits as a part of your training, while Modern Warfare 2 featured an exaggerated exploding variety. While Call of Duty: Black Ops only has regular watermelons, as far as we can tell, it has a lot of them. Seriously, count next time you play through the campaign – there are far too many to be accidental.

Sexy man pile(actually,dead)!

manpile--article_image.jpg

Okay, this final Easter egg is odd, as we're not even sure if it really exists. While playing the Numbers mission during the Black Ops review event two weeks before the game's release, we found this random stack of corpses. They definitely weren't enemies we had killed, and they were tucked away in a forgotten corner of the level.

When we tried locating them again this week, however, they were gone! Did Treyarch patch them out? And if so, what is Treyarch trying to hide?

Thanks for following me,MasterDisaster!

All credits go to:GAMESRADAR!

I didn't discovered not even 1 alone >.<

btw on pc how can i escapte from the torturing chair? cause it says to pull the left and right triggers on your controller.. simply pressing left and right?

I didn't discovered not even 1 alone >.<

btw on pc how can i escapte from the torturing chair? cause it says to pull the left and right triggers on your controller.. simply pressing left and right?

Double-tap spacebar!

Anyway,I haven't played the game yet(I have it but I am waiting for the new CPU)!It's just some easter-eggs.Not spoilers.

I'm really would like this game, but I don't know where to download normal version!

What version did you download??I can send you links if you want to!

How can i be free in the menu but in pc?

spam the spacebar!

Anyway,I haven't played the game yet(I have it but I am waiting for the new CPU)!It's just some easter-eggs.Not spoilers.

• 2 weeks later...

Do people still ask such moronic questions?

Being around here for a while now plus your significant amount of posts ,that i wont judge as being half spam ,but too late i did ,would have made me expect a better attitude from your side.

Guess i was wrong.

Being around here for a while now plus your significant amount of posts ,that i wont judge as being half spam ,but too late i did ,would have made me expect a better attitude from your side.

Guess i was wrong.

It's always some spam dude.

I didn't want to be offensive,I'd like to be read as "Are you serious?",but I guess I failed it.

...about your statement,I AM A SPAMMER,thanks :)

Anyway,respect is shown to the ones who deserve it.I did not disrespected him but I found his question...you know what I mean!