[Share]How to remove SMF Copyright/Footer!

xKiNay

Then just

<td width="28%" valign="middle" align="left" class="smalltext">
				 (Your own text here "xStyle by yournamehere) <a href="Your www site (url)" target="_blank">(your name or powered by)</a>
			</td>

You can find it in index.template.php

Full code of copyright is here

// Show the "Powered by" and "Valid" logos, as well as the copyright. Remember, the copyright must be somewhere!
echo '
<div id="footerarea" style="text-align: center; padding-bottom: 1ex;', $context['browser']['needs_size_fix'] && !$context['browser']['is_ie6'] ? ' width: 100%;' : '', '">
	<table cellspacing="0" cellpadding="3" border="0" align="center" width="100%">
		<tr>
			<td width="28%" valign="middle" align="left" class="smalltext">
				 Theme edited by <a href="www.lsclan.net" target="_blank">unleshead</a>
			</td>
			<td valign="middle" align="center" style="white-space: nowrap;" class="smalltext">
				', theme_copyright(), '
			</td>
			<td width="28%" valign="middle" align="right" class="smalltext">
				<a href="http://validator.w3.org/check/referer" target="_blank" style="font-size:10px;">XHTML</a> | <a href="http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/check/referer" target="_blank" style="font-size:10px;">CSS</a>
			</td>
		</tr>
	</table>
 </div>
 <br />';

Why would you remove the credits from the original owner and add your name?

As i know they can sue you for doing so.

Read my topic careful

NOTICE!!!! YOU USE THIS TUTORIAL ON YOUR OWN RISK!!!! Although what I will present to you right here is a way to avoid the SMF Terms of Agreement. Lets Start Cheesy!

In the terms and agreement of smf forums says that the copyright can not be removed from the source cod in anyway. It must be in the source code files. I am sure that you all know that if you remove the tag with the copyright from index.template.php you will notice a error appearing. Hiding it is somehow avoiding the terms of agreement from smf. The copyright is not modified in any way and it is not removed so you can still find it in the source files. What I did is hide the smf copyright and make a new tag with my own. It doesn't specify anywhere that you can't do this. And if you are so against this please don't spam here anymore :D ! Thanks! For more question please ask here!

Gratz, once again you prooved that you're a super-leecher.

Gosh, show some repsect to the people that have worked so hard for this open source mirage.

LOLen , then show to ppls respect and do not hacking them servers kk?

I didn't claim any copyright ...........it's a thing so that a forums design looks better.......if you read the topic carefully you will see I am not claiming anything...... I didn't say smf open source was made by me, but I did say that I among many others took the source an modified it for my own use and that is perfectly legal. This tutorial was made for the people that hate the appearence of smf copyright on there forum and wanna change it. So stop spamming here useless topics!