Texture Editing

Maxtor

First off, let me say, there may be an easier way to do this. I sure hope there is, but I don't know it. So if you don't think this is worth the effort, find an easier way and let me know.

Okay, in order to do this you will need the following files: Lineage 2 client (This is big and you probably already have it. If you don't, find it yourself.)

l2decrypt (Download - Decrypts pretty much all the L2C1 files.)

l2tool (Download - Creates UTX files that can be read by UnrealEd.)

l2toolo (Download - Another version of l2tool.)

Appropriate DDS tools(Download - Get the DDS Utils and Photoshop plugin (If you plan to use Photoshop))

Photoshop or other TGA editor that can save DDS's (I'm not providing you with Photoshop)

UnrealEd (Download - UnrealEd, as well as a nifty Demo of Unreal engine.)

I'll assume you can install all these without instruction. I'm sure someone will prove me wrong and post something. Thats cool though, we were all noobs once. Of course, we also endured much persecution during that time, so expect the same :-D.

Now, you have to identify the file you want to edit. Lets just say you want to edit a weapon. The textures for weapons are located in "[lineage directory]\SysTextures\LineageWeaponsTex.utx". Now you need to decrypt that file using l2decrypt. This is a command line tool, so Start->Run->"cmd"->OK. I recommend either putting l2decrypt in your System, Textures, and SysTextures directories, or adding it to your path, for ease of use.

19xz.gif

This just created LineageWeaponsTex.clear.utx in that same directory. You now need to convert this for the lovely viewing abilities of UnrealEd. You will use l2toolo for this. Open l2toolo and click the .. button next to the "utx̧²Ù" blank.

26kn.gif

Select your file (LineageWeaponsTex.clear.utx).

34vw.gif

You may get this error, and you may not. I think if you have the c3 texture pack you will get it, and c1 you will not. It's okay though. Just click the Line2->UnrealED button.

49zr.gif

It will ask where to save the file, I normally call mine "LineageWeaponsTex.unreal.utx". If it worked, you will see this.

51ua.gif

Now you have a file in that same dir called "LineageWeaponsTex.unreal.utx" or whatever you called it. This file can now be opened in UnrealEd. So go ahead and open that up. If you did default install it will be in "C:\UnrealEngine2Runtime\System\UnrealEd.exe". UnrealEd requires you are using 32-bit color. I hope you know how to change this if you're not running 32-bit. Once loaded, select File->Open in the smaller window. You need to be on the Textures tab when you do this.

66nr.gif

Open the file you made with l2toolo.

77lu.gif

Then, in the dropdown shown, select the item you want to change. I'm going for the falchion here.

83zc.gif

Right click on the falchion texture and select "Export to file". Also take note of the DXT flag. Most weapons are DXT1, but you will need to remember this to save correctly.

94xj.jpg

Select where you want to save it. It will save as "falchion_t00_wp.dds", which is a direct draw file, and the reason you need the nVidia plugin for Photoshop.

101nw.gif

You can then close UnrealED. If the plugin installed right, you can open it directly in Photoshop. Otherwise, convert if to TGA using readdxt in commandline. You run "readdxt falchion_t00_wp.dds". This will create a "test.tga" in your DDS Utilities directory, which you can open in Photoshop with no problem. Open your file in Photoshop. Check the channels window (a part of the layers window) to see if these is an alpha channel. You will need to know this when saving.

114wb.jpg

Make your changes to the texture using photoshop. I changed hue, saturation of master; hue, saturation, lightness of reds; and wrote poop on it in blue. As you can see here

128ke.jpg

Select File->Save As, and save it as a DDS. This screen is important. Make sure you select the correct format. My texture was a DXT1 with only R G and B, no alpha's. So I have selected this. Select yours and click "OK".

134nm.gif

Now you have your DDS saved, you need to import it into your clear.utx that yoy made earlier using l2toolo. Open l2toolo and open your dds file by clicking the .. button off to the right of the "ddş²Ù" textbox. Then select the utx that you decrypted earlier by click the .. button off to the right of the "utx̧²Ù" textbox. Select the clear.utx that you made, not the unreal.utx. Again you may or may not get an error. Then select the proper texture to replace in the ýÁ- textbox. Then click the "set" button.

147zo.gif

Again this window is a good thing.

51ua.gif

Now you just need to re-encrypt your clear.utx file by using l2decrypt in command line.

153uv.gif

Now you will have a LineageWeaponsTex.crypt.utx in that directory. You will probably want to back up the original, and then rename LineageWeaponsTex.crypt.utx to LineageWeaponsTex.utx. You can now load Lineage and check out your new texture. Poop sword forever!!!

169gz.jpg

The end!

I dont want to spam this trhead just to say one big

[glow=red]THANX[/glow]

and here is my work... 8)

nothing great just if you are toooooo bored and you want to spent sometime to take some screenshots or videos...

it worked perfect with C4 textures too...

(pictures taken from ael2 server)

34211105827-thumb.jpg

the second one is smaller cause i am in a hurry and want to upload it fast... :roll:

34211173340-thumb.jpg

(if you want to see it better just save it in your hard drive and zoom in..)

i will try to put images on the weapons or the armors [glow=red]...( i did that but i made something stupid (even i dont know what and deleted the file))[/glow]

crazy hero weapons and s grade armors....lol today i feel like i have alot of free time to spare.......

(i will edit this post with the photos i will make so it wont be seen as spam message... :P )

[glow=red]Edited:[/glow]

Here something i did after the stupid thing i did with the layers in photoshop(it was really GREAT i took a tattoo and crop it and put there shadows and other effects.....anyway))

34216321522-thumb.jpg

(the word on the sword is "simpons" (just another stupid thing i putted the letters upside down and from the wrong side of the blade :oops: )

• 3 months later...

thanx a lot maxtor...an kai den oloklirosa ton odigo sou giati de kserw na xrisimopeio photoshop....ektos apo weapontextures edit,mou einai xrisimos o odigos sou kai se alla pragmata opws px sthn dimiourgeia enos help me apla gamato design(mias kai me ti boh8ia tou odigou sou oti texture uparxei mporw na to balw mesa sto help:D)

omws exw ena problima...to unreal den mou anoigh to L2UI.unreal.utx enw akolou8isa ton odigo sou kai eno to LineageWeaponsTex.unreal.utx mou to anoigh(ekana ta idia pragmata.akolou8isa ton odigo sou kata gramma)

mou petaei to parakatw sfalma:

No Label

CPU: AuthenticAMD Unknown processor @ 1598 MHz with 223MB RAM

Video: SiS 651_661FX_741_760_760GX_M661FX_M661MX_M741_M760_M760GX (3620)

Palette L2UI.ChatWnd.Palette0: Serial size mismatch: Got 2, Expected 1023

History: LoadObject <- (Palette L2UI.ChatWnd.Palette0 10073==10073/15498892 10071 1023) <- ULinkerLoad::Preload <- PreLoadObjects <- UObject::EndLoad <- UObject::LoadPackage <- UEditorEngine::SafeExec <- (LOAD FILE="C:\Program Files\Lineage II\systextures\L2UI.unreal.utx") <- UEditorEngine::SafeExec <- (OBJ LOAD FILE="C:\Program Files\Lineage II\systextures\L2UI.unreal.utx") <- UEditorEngine::Exec <- (OBJ LOAD FILE="C:\Program Files\Lineage II\systextures\L2UI.unreal.utx").. <- UUnrealEdEngine::Exec <- WBrowserTexture::OnCommand <- WWindow::WndProc <- WWindow::StaticProc <- MessagePump <- MainLoop

• 1 year later...

Hmm ,i do all like this guide and last part i copy my LineageWeaponsTex.crypt.utx to desktop , rename it to LineageWeaponsTex.utx and copy it to systextures . I start game i go to GM Shop buy that weapon i changed and equip it and nothing , its normal . No my color or smth . Help me pls :'( :'( :'( :'(

No Label

CPU: AuthenticAMD Unknown processor @ 1598 MHz with 223MB RAM

Video: SiS 651_661FX_741_760_760GX_M661FX_M661MX_M741_M760_M760GX (3620)

Palette L2UI.ChatWnd.Palette0: Serial size mismatch: Got 2, Expected 1023

History: LoadObject <- (Palette L2UI.ChatWnd.Palette0 10073==10073/15498892 10071 1023) <- ULinkerLoad::Preload <- PreLoadObjects <- UObject::EndLoad <- UObject::LoadPackage <- UEditorEngine::SafeExec <- (LOAD FILE="C:\Program Files\Lineage II\systextures\L2UI.unreal.utx") <- UEditorEngine::SafeExec <- (OBJ LOAD FILE="C:\Program Files\Lineage II\systextures\L2UI.unreal.utx") <- UEditorEngine::Exec <- (OBJ LOAD FILE="C:\Program Files\Lineage II\systextures\L2UI.unreal.utx").. <- UUnrealEdEngine::Exec <- WBrowserTexture::OnCommand <- WWindow::WndProc <- WWindow::StaticProc <- MessagePump <- MainLoop

i take this error :/!

• 4 weeks later...
This topic is now closed to further replies.

• *¶¶¶+2349158681268¶¶¶ Welcome to the home of wealth and fame.*        Many have seek for wealth and it’s quiet a thing of pity +2349158681268 that some do so in wrong places which made it doubtful of the true source and it is at this juncture that i approach you with the right source of wealth which you have really seek for. ZERUZANDAH BROTHERHOOD OCCULT is an association of those that has been blessed by Lord Lucifer zeruzandah the great and have decided to educate the masses on the possible ways of acquiring the wealth, power,protection fame and every other thing you could think of without human sacrifice. Gone are the days when human blood are required for sacrifice here at zeruzandah Brotherhood, human blood sacrifice has been abolished because the money you are seeking for should be used to help and sponsor your loved ones but you have to have it at the back of your mind that there is a very great sacrifice which you must pay to pierce the heart of the spiritual world so that you can be blessed here on human Earth and that sacrifice will be according to what zeruzandah wants you to do which the Grandmaster of this temple will tell you when you’ve been in contact with him. Here at zeruzandah Brotherhood we only demand some sacrificial items and some special animal blood for sacrifice in order to please the Lord Lucifer to bless you here on Earth. If anyone from anywhere tells you that we accept anything money from you in order for you to be initiated into this Brotherhood, inform the TEMPLE GRANDMASTER +2349158681268 zeruzandah Brotherhood do not accept any money from you except you are the one to fund your sacrificial items. Contact the temple Grandmaster at +2349158681268   Spiritual grandmaster of ZERUZANDAH BROTHERHOOD +2349158681268   I WANT TO JOIN SECRET OCCULT FOR MONEY RITUALS IN NIGERIA OR GHANA TO BE RICH AND TO MAKE MONEY, WITH NO HUMAN SACRIFICE OR BLOODSHED CALL +2349158681268 FOR YOUR BUSINESS SUCCESS TO WIN ELECTIONS TO BE FAMOUS AND POWERFUL,   The ZERUZANDAH Brotherhood is a spiritual fraternal society whose aims are the cultivation of Inner Power through the study and practice of esoteric arts for the improvement of body, mind and spirit.   It unites its members in brotherhood and in the quest for wisdom, successful living and finding one’s purpose in life. It has no secret agenda .While it is a deeply spiritual organization, it promote a particular religion or belief.   The Brotherhood transmits an esoteric tradition spanning thousands of years, with a universal vision born in the East and embracing the best of the West in the quest to return to the ancient and original Tao or Source of all wisdom.   WELCOME TO ZERUZANDAH BROTHERHOOD,   The Club of the Rich and Famous; is the world oldest and largest fraternity made up of 3 Millions Members. We are one Family under one father who is the Supreme Being. In ZERUZANDAH OCCULT Brotherhood we believe that we were born in paradise and no member should struggle in this world. Hence all our new members are given Money, Wealth,Fame , Power ETC.   Fear and anxiety has drawn so many people back to unfulfilled dreams and make their quest for wealth and power shambled, it is thing of fact that money ritual Occult is not and can never be a sin because Occult is still a religion despite what ever others are thinking and zeruzandah Brotherhood is here to give life to that dead hope of acquiring your desired wealth,fame and power without human sacrifice. Contact the Spiritual Grandmaster of ZERUZANDAH Brotherhood now at +2349158681268   The wealth of this life goes to those who deserve and desire it by their decision of breaking the wicked chain of poverty. It is actually a thing of fact that poverty is real and it’s not your fault that it exists but however will be your fault and greatest mistake if you allow poverty to exist in your life because of fear. Only the brave makes the move to liberate himself from humiliating nature of poverty…   +2349158681268   You can be rich, wealthy, famous etc without human blood@ZERUZANDAH BROTHERHOOD contact the Spiritual Grandmaster now +2349158681268   The desire to remove the garment of poverty rest on your shoulder and I will advise you do so now by being an initiated member of zeruzandah Brotherhood.   For enquires, contact the Spiritual Grandmaster now@ +2349158681268   The men of the world can only see within the limit of the eye and the things of the spirit are meant for the spirit to see. You can never be that wealthy,rich and famous without controlling the Spiritual wealth and fame that Lucifer the Great Spiritual father offers to those who are humble to him. You have been admiring the wealthy people around you and wish to be so wealthy or more than they do but you are yet to discover the Secret of WEALTH. There so many things known by the rich and the wealthy which the poor don’t know and don’t want to know because of their unnecessary fear. The secret to what you seek is to join a secret occult society.   Call now for enquiries +2349158681268.
    • *¶¶¶+2349158681268¶¶¶ Welcome to the home of wealth and fame.*        Many have seek for wealth and it’s quiet a thing of pity +2349158681268 that some do so in wrong places which made it doubtful of the true source and it is at this juncture that i approach you with the right source of wealth which you have really seek for. ZERUZANDAH BROTHERHOOD OCCULT is an association of those that has been blessed by Lord Lucifer zeruzandah the great and have decided to educate the masses on the possible ways of acquiring the wealth, power,protection fame and every other thing you could think of without human sacrifice. Gone are the days when human blood are required for sacrifice here at zeruzandah Brotherhood, human blood sacrifice has been abolished because the money you are seeking for should be used to help and sponsor your loved ones but you have to have it at the back of your mind that there is a very great sacrifice which you must pay to pierce the heart of the spiritual world so that you can be blessed here on human Earth and that sacrifice will be according to what zeruzandah wants you to do which the Grandmaster of this temple will tell you when you’ve been in contact with him. Here at zeruzandah Brotherhood we only demand some sacrificial items and some special animal blood for sacrifice in order to please the Lord Lucifer to bless you here on Earth. If anyone from anywhere tells you that we accept anything money from you in order for you to be initiated into this Brotherhood, inform the TEMPLE GRANDMASTER +2349158681268 zeruzandah Brotherhood do not accept any money from you except you are the one to fund your sacrificial items. Contact the temple Grandmaster at +2349158681268   Spiritual grandmaster of ZERUZANDAH BROTHERHOOD +2349158681268   I WANT TO JOIN SECRET OCCULT FOR MONEY RITUALS IN NIGERIA OR GHANA TO BE RICH AND TO MAKE MONEY, WITH NO HUMAN SACRIFICE OR BLOODSHED CALL +2349158681268 FOR YOUR BUSINESS SUCCESS TO WIN ELECTIONS TO BE FAMOUS AND POWERFUL,   The ZERUZANDAH Brotherhood is a spiritual fraternal society whose aims are the cultivation of Inner Power through the study and practice of esoteric arts for the improvement of body, mind and spirit.   It unites its members in brotherhood and in the quest for wisdom, successful living and finding one’s purpose in life. It has no secret agenda .While it is a deeply spiritual organization, it promote a particular religion or belief.   The Brotherhood transmits an esoteric tradition spanning thousands of years, with a universal vision born in the East and embracing the best of the West in the quest to return to the ancient and original Tao or Source of all wisdom.   WELCOME TO ZERUZANDAH BROTHERHOOD,   The Club of the Rich and Famous; is the world oldest and largest fraternity made up of 3 Millions Members. We are one Family under one father who is the Supreme Being. In ZERUZANDAH OCCULT Brotherhood we believe that we were born in paradise and no member should struggle in this world. Hence all our new members are given Money, Wealth,Fame , Power ETC.   Fear and anxiety has drawn so many people back to unfulfilled dreams and make their quest for wealth and power shambled, it is thing of fact that money ritual Occult is not and can never be a sin because Occult is still a religion despite what ever others are thinking and zeruzandah Brotherhood is here to give life to that dead hope of acquiring your desired wealth,fame and power without human sacrifice. Contact the Spiritual Grandmaster of ZERUZANDAH Brotherhood now at +2349158681268   The wealth of this life goes to those who deserve and desire it by their decision of breaking the wicked chain of poverty. It is actually a thing of fact that poverty is real and it’s not your fault that it exists but however will be your fault and greatest mistake if you allow poverty to exist in your life because of fear. Only the brave makes the move to liberate himself from humiliating nature of poverty…   +2349158681268   You can be rich, wealthy, famous etc without human blood@ZERUZANDAH BROTHERHOOD contact the Spiritual Grandmaster now +2349158681268   The desire to remove the garment of poverty rest on your shoulder and I will advise you do so now by being an initiated member of zeruzandah Brotherhood.   For enquires, contact the Spiritual Grandmaster now@ +2349158681268   The men of the world can only see within the limit of the eye and the things of the spirit are meant for the spirit to see. You can never be that wealthy,rich and famous without controlling the Spiritual wealth and fame that Lucifer the Great Spiritual father offers to those who are humble to him. You have been admiring the wealthy people around you and wish to be so wealthy or more than they do but you are yet to discover the Secret of WEALTH. There so many things known by the rich and the wealthy which the poor don’t know and don’t want to know because of their unnecessary fear. The secret to what you seek is to join a secret occult society.   Call now for enquiries +2349158681268.
  • Topics