Woot? WE NEED HELP!

-$karos-

In December 1912, the Great Powers (the forerunners of NATO) - Britain, Germany, Russia, Austro-Hungary, Italy and France - met in London to divide the unexpected spoils. The conference handed an independent Albanian state to Austro-Hungary and Italy. But the price was a great diminishment in its geographical scope. Kosovo was given to Serbia, Cameria to Greece, the most luscious and productive lands and more than half of all Albanians were left out of the new independent homeland. Such was the nature of territorial comprises at that time that it created more problems than it solved. Two news ones were born that day and hour: a Yugoslav-Albanian flaring animosity and a Greek-Albanian mutual denial. The unfortunate and tragicomic German who was appointed to administer Albania (Wilhelm zu Wied) departed soon thereafter with the outbreak of the first World War.

This first European bloodbath provoked all of Albania's neighbours into an uncontrolled binge of invasions. Austro-Hungary, France, Italy, Greece, Montenegro, Serbia - they all marched in with no plan in mind but to occupy and plunder. The country turned chaotic and it took a Woodrow Wilson in the Paris Peace Conference to avert an abolition of the Albanian independent state. It was not the first time Albania descended into chaos - nor was this to be the last time the Americans would come to the help of the Albanians. Britain, France and Italy planned to partition it, Wilson vetoed it and that was the end of the plan and the beginning of Albania.

means map you saw before is not drawed by random ppl. Were albanians lands that unfortunely were divided by great powers just with a pencil.

i can't understand who you moved from the main topic to this ???

Macedonia is Greek and Cosovo is Serbian .

lol Kosovo is ancier then Serbia.

i can't understand who you moved from the main topic to this ???

what you mean?

http://www.topix.com/forum/world/macedonia/TAAAAFN23PMGMJ147

VOTE THAT MACEDONIA IS HELENIC!!

THE 44% (551,754 votes) says that it is not!!!

its not :/

Thanks for being a racist and leaving our forum hope we never see you again. [not that we care too]

Regarding what you said is clear for me that you don't know history since Bulgaria never actually tried to conquer MKD in the past MKD and the people of MKD were simply part of Bulgaria alongside 50% of the greece people also lived in Bulgaria . Since in the period of 600-100 year Bulgaria was N3 Force in Europe after Visantia and the Franks...

Actually,Bizantines didn't have that good relations with Bulgarians from the start.As far as I know they had fought in the very past.

Although,their relation became better once the Bulgarians asked to Byzantines to evangelism them.A bulgarian king was married to a byzantine princess and so Byzantines and Bulgarians never fought again.

I forgot to mention that there was the Pope of Italy that tried to forbid Bulgarians' evangelism but he failed.

"For I (Alexander I) myself am by ancient descent a Greek, and I would not willingly see Hellas change her freedom for slavery."  (Herod. IX, 45, 2 [Loeb])

"Tell your king (Xerxes), who sent you, how his Greek viceroy (Alexander I) of Macedonia has received you hospitably."  (Herod. V, 20, 4 [Loeb])

"Now, that these descendants of Perdiccas are Greeks, as they themselves say, I myself chance to know." (Herod. V, 22, 1 [Loeb])

The country by the sea which is now called Macedonia... Alexander, the father of Perdiccas, and his forefathers, who were originally Temenidae from Argos"

(Thucydides 99,3 (Loeb, C F Smith)

"But Alexander (I), proving himself to be an Argive, was judged to be a Greek;

so he contended in the furlong race and ran a dead heat for first place."

(Herod. V, 22, 2)

"The Macedonian people and their kings were of Greek stock, as their traditions and the scanty remains of their language combine to testify." 

` {John Bagnell Bury, "A History of Greece to the Death of Alexander the Great", 2nd ed.(1913)

"Clearly, the language of the ancient Macedonians was Greek"

{Prof. John C. Roumans Professor Emeritus of Classics Wisconsin University}

"There is no doubt,  that Macedonians were Greeks."

(Robin Lane Fox "Historian-Author" In  Interview with newspaper TO BHMA)

The speech of Alexander I, when he was admitted to the Olympic games

"Men of Athens...

Had I not greatly at heart the common welfare of Hellas I should not have come to tell you; but I am myself Hellene by descent, and I would not willingly see Hellas exchange freedom for slavery....

If you prosper in this war, forget not to do something for my freedom; consider the risk I have run, out of zeal for the Hellenic cause, to acquaint you with what Mardonius intends, and to save you from being surprised by the barbarians.

I am Alexander of Macedon."

(Herodotus, The Histories, 9.45)

GTFO now.