[TUTORIAL] Java Methods

Erol

before you start reading this.

visit this topic if you got no idea what is int,double,float,string etc etc http://www.maxcheaters.com/forum/index.php?topic=113286.0

Skip it if you already learned this small shits. :P

INTRO:

The java programming language was developed by Sun Microsystem as an object-oriented language that is used both for general-purpose bussines programs and interactive World  Wide Web based Internet programs. It is architecturally neutral, which means that you can use the Java programming language to writte a program that will run on any platform. A program  written in the Java programming language is compiled into Java Virtual Machine cose, called bytecode.

Another advantage of Java is that is simpler to use then many other object-oriented languages. The Java language is modeled after the C++ programming language and it eliminates some of the most difficult features to understand in C++.

Methods

A method must contain

• A declaration (or header or definition)

• An opening curly bracket

• A body

• A closing cruly bracket

The method declaration contains the following:

• Optional access modifiers (public)

• The return type for the method (void)

• The method name

• An opening parenthesis

• An optional list of method arguments

• A closing parenthesis

Creating methods with No Arguments.

A method is a series of statements that carry out some task. Any method that is classwide method requires the keyword modifier static. You place the method within the program  that will use it but not within any other method. If you place a method call within a class that does not contain the method, you must use the class name, followed by a dot, followed by the method. Any class can contain an unlimited number of methods. Within a class, the simplest methods you can invoke don’t require any arguments or return any values. Let’s take an example.

public class First
{
public static void main(String[]args)
{
	System.out.println("First java program")
}
}

Supose you want to add three additional lines of output to this program to display your company name and address.

public class First
{
{
	nameAndAddress(); < --- calling the method without arguments
	System.out.println("First Java programm");

}
public static void nameAndAdress() < --- placing the method without arguments
{
	System.out.println("Erol Corporation");
	System.out.println("Albania,Tirana");
	System.out.println("Mxc");

}
}

Let’s make another class to show how we can call a method from another class.

public class ipwn
{
{
	spammer()
	System.out.println("ipwn")
}
public static void spammer
{
	System.out.println("spammers");
	System.out.println("deserve");
	System.out.println("to die");
}
}

Ok now here we go:

public class test
{
{
	System.out.println("Calling method from another class");
	ipwn.spammer();

}
}

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..

Method that require a single argument

public static void predictRaise(double moneyAmount)
{
double newAmount;
newAmount=moneyAmount*10;
System.out.println("raise salary is"+newAmount);
}

public class adenaRaise
{
{
	double mySalary=200;
	System.out.println("Demostrating some raises");
	predictRaise(400);
	predictRaise(mySalary);
}
public static void predictRaise(double moneyAmount)
{
	double newAmount;
	newAmount=moneyAmount*10;
	System.out.println("With raise salary is"+newAmount);
}
}

Methods that require multiple arguments

You can pass multiple aeguments by listingthe arguments within the call to the method and separating them with commas,

public static void predictRaiseGivenIncrease(double moneyAmount,double percentage)
{
double newAmount;
newAmount=moneyAmount*(1+percanRate);
System.out.println("With raise salary is"+newAmount);
}

The arguments are separated by a comma, and each argument requires its own named type (in this case both are double)as well as an identifier.

Methods that return values

The return type for a method can be any type used in the Java which includes the primitive types int,char,double etc. as well as class types. For example

Public static void asdasd()

This method is public and it returns no value, so it is type void.A method that returns true or flase might be public

Boolean asdasd()

public static int calculateAge(int currDate)
{
int years;
years=currDate-1977;
return years;
}

Topic is going to update later (need add and some shits) coz i need sit down for 2 hours now and read smth about Macro Economy, in 3 hours i have a big exam to give.

Hope i helped anybody.

HF.

Quite useful topic, but for a bit more advanced users!

Good Job, although I suppose that it belongs to Guides and Tutorials, since it is about java in general.

Quite useful topic, but for a bit more advanced users!

Good Job, although I suppose that it belongs to Guides and Tutorials, since it is about java in general.

yes xD you're right. it's a bit advanced. that's why i post here even the topic of coolis.

btw with the incoming topics i'll come, i think ppl will understand better. since you know, "all is related with all in java".

btw thnx for your words.

even to mackry.

Could be better.. you should note there that static methods are most unsecure, also its better if we reduce visability and also the use of instancing is strongly advise ><

And at: •  The return type for the method (void), you should add void,boolean,integers,object cus for some ppl can get confusing..

You get a 7/10 ^^ GJ

Could be better.. you should note there that static methods are most unsecure, also its better if we reduce visability and also the use of instancing is strongly advise ><

And at: •  The return type for the method (void), you should add void,boolean,integers,object cus for some ppl can get confusing..

You get a 7/10 ^^ GJ

yy xD gonna update it again just i gave an exam in morning and didn't had time :P

wow hope u did well ^^

yeah xD was macroeconomy, my favorite.

it's ok but the half is c/p?

i am just asking.

eh the first intro xD

if you ask for credits, credits go to me, my books and my school.

in 2 months i have the final exam about Java to get the "award" or "diplome" dunno how you call it :D

if you remember i told ya in msn time before i was getting Java lessons. i know that there lot of sittes where you can learn Java but books attract me more. :P

if you ask for credits, credits go to me, my books and my school.

in 2 months i have the final exam about Java to get the "award" or "diplome" dunno how you call it :D

if you remember i told ya in msn time before i was getting Java lessons. i know that there lot of sittes where you can learn Java but books attract me more. :P

Yea,so...Gl dude.

its another kind of paramter type which can be passed to a method, you may can add it in your guide, dont you?

i would be pleased to start post definitons not only for that tho, just don't wanna look like pasting work of coolis on my words

that's why in top of my topic i wrote: visit this topic if you got no idea what is int,double,float,string etc etc http://www.maxcheaters.com/forum/index.php?topic=113286.0