Game Lags

Stefoulis15

well hello everyone.

eh since i kinda left my internet career , and also my l2 / wow and all other mmo shits

i decided to play video games related to action and racing.now whats the point of this topic

the point is , i have serious game lags on both of my computers.

let me explain.

First. my Desktop:

- CRT Monitor 17'

- nVidia GeForce 7300 GS

- Intel Core 2 Duo 1.86 gHz

- 2 GB RAM DDR2

I tried for example to play NFS Undercover , but i lag. and i lag seriously even on minimum graphics.

my cousin has a desktop :

- LCD Monitor 17'

- nVidia GeForce 6600

- 1 GB RAM DDR2

BUT in his computer , everything runs smoothly as hell. no lags , no video lags , no game lags. nothing!

i need a solution to this. ( Dont say buy a new pc. i cant afford it )

Now , the second part. and the most important.

my notebook.

Specs:

- LCD Monitor 15.6'

- Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 gHz ( if im not mistaken )

- nVidia GeForce 9300M Series

- 4 GB RAM DDR2

and guess what? games lag again and again and again!!

a friend of mine has a notebook with specs :

- LCD Monitor 17'

- Intel Pentium D ( i dont remember gHz )

- nVidia GeForce 8600

- 2 GB RAM DDR2

and also he has a cooling base. u know that shit u put the notebook on.. sth like this :

http://www.e-shop.gr/show_per.phtml?id=PER.936267&u=MANHATTAN-NOTEBOOK-COOLING-PAD-20CM-SINGLE-FAN

Whatever. im freaking DESPERATE! can someone tell me what the hell is going on? and prolly help me?

thanx in advance. and please answer asap!

and what's my point? he DOESNT LAG AT ALL!

Maybe your pc runs so much RAM... if you running MySQL just remove the instance... this will free 500 MB of RAM... if you running other applications on the background like firefox, vlc, winmap or other programs just close them. I hope help i litle bit...

with such low specs [ram/cpu/graphic card] you have to do everything and use every "seed" you have on your comp. make sure every useless program is turned off and search for a program named game booster it helps a bit. [it turns off some things]

btw on that OS are you running ?

i think that you need better cpu+ram,graphic card

with such low specs [ram/cpu/graphic card] you have to do everything and use every "seed" you have on your comp. make sure every useless program is turned off and search for a program named game booster it helps a bit. [it turns off some things]

btw on that OS are you running ?

+1

Im running Win XP on both.

btw , eh phoenix GeForce 9300M isnt good? :-/

4 gb ram? i think i mean the minimum requirements of some games are like GeForce 6600!

[- nVidia GeForce 7300 GS]

m2 7300 i have ... so //epic failed

min 2 gb ram ddr2+

min 512 gb graphic card [not 256 main memory and 256 from ram]

cpu new dual core

and u are ok, can play games in medium quality

[GR-PS] mouahah etc exw pi kai egw toses fores, telos to l2, tha pekso offline games, x0a0xa mouhaha ti katafera? mia tripa sto nero ... tis proales katevasa gta sa kai elega tha to kseskiso, tha kano 1212 missions, x0a0xa mono 1 ekana x0a0x0a

Im running Win XP on both.

btw , eh phoenix GeForce 9300M isnt good? :-/

4 gb ram? i think i mean the minimum requirements of some games are like GeForce 6600!

i forgot to mention that i was talking about the 1st pc :p

- 2 GB RAM DDR2

it's really really low , about the graphic card i don't know very well about nvidia so i don't tell airtalk  :P

1st pc gets knockout , about the 2nd

- Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 gHz ( if im not mistaken )

- nVidia GeForce 9300M Series

- 4 GB RAM DDR2

ram is quite fine , graphic card dunno i don't know from nvidia [which model is good etc.] and cpu is [gr] έτσι και έτσι [/gr]. personally i had a same issue i played undercover but i had lag spikes , don't remember that i did [i think i reduced shadows from options not sure...] and it was running smoothly. btw try game booster that i told ya it will help a bit :D imo the "problem" is at cpu [quite low i guess] if the software side is fine... [not many programs/heavy programs running etc.]

btw my specs are [laptop]

-4gb ram

-ati radeon 3400

-intel core due 2.26ghz

Which games?

I'll tell you something:

I've specs like yours, and when i installed a crappy game as "avatar" or a good game as "crysis" the thing that made both games lag as shit was the shadows, yeah it may sound stupid but if you disable the shadows on-game, the game will go much faster (CRYSIS MENG, CRYSIS!)

try to install undercover from your friend DvD.

we used the same xD

ah and btw the funny is that some games , run better on desktop than on laptop! ffs!

Lol, don't try to run games at Notebooks! My laptop with almost similar specs with your notebook runs Dota with a lil lag and dota is a really low game compared to others.

About your tower.. it shouldn't lag, try updating your graphic card drivers, trust me you'll see much improvement, it might solve all your problems. Now if the drivers are up-to-date i don't know what could go wrong, i have tried a LOT of games (ask GrisoM :P) never had a problem besides that graphic card thing.

The problem is only with these 2 games? Because if not, it may be windows fault. If you try everything and still the same, make a re-install of your windows. (Try to download them again and re-install them, do not install them from the same cd again.)

well the problem is caused on many games.. such as : GTA IV , Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 , Crash Time 2 , NFS Shift , NFS Undercover , NFS Pro Street , PES 2010 , PES 2009 , PES 2008 , FIFAs , even Call of duty world at war..

the only thing that works fine is.. Diablo II xD