A more concrete success of enchanting.

derf

As far as I know, function Random() use computer's real time clock to create a random number. Patterns in this function are often repeated and if you have enough tries, you may be able to predict the randomization pattern.

BUT there is a CryptGenRandom, which DON'T use real time clock to create a random number. The question is, which function is used in l2server.exe. That's a task for someone who would like to mess up wth assemblies. If there's a call for ADVAPI32.DLL, ADVAPI64.DLL or ADVPACK.DLL, then it's CryptGenRandom, and you CAN'T predict the random number generator behavior.

If the server uses only real time clock to generate random number you can set your PC real time clock as the server's and make a script that enchants only when the random shows more than 66%. Probably it isn't like this, but if someone can check it to make this sure would be nice too.

I think all speculations about using the random generator of the servers will fail...

OK, let's say that you are able to find an interval which gives you the right random number always

BUT...

It only works, if you are sitting behind a server machine. If not, you must calculate with the time for traffic flow throuht network.

The random generator is based on less than milisec. interval, and the latency of pings is more than a milisecond.

Just try to ping the server address, you will get different values.maybe 10-20-100 pings same, but allways will be one which can delay your enchant request, and this is the point where the enchanted item broke

I think all speculations about using the random generator of the servers will fail...

OK, let's say that you are able to find an interval which gives you the right random number always

BUT...

It only works, if you are sitting behind a server machine. If not, you must calculate with the time for traffic flow throuht network.

The random generator is based on less than milisec. interval, and the latency of pings is more than a milisecond.

Just try to ping the server address, you will get different values.maybe 10-20-100 pings same, but allways will be one which can delay your enchant request, and this is the point where the enchanted item broke

I've never put it this way :/

Well, i'll get rid of all those maths and probability and random factor and blow my items the normal way.

I dont have enought posts to view it, but imho, theres no way to increase success in enchanting....its just a pure luck... nothing more...although you send some "special" packets to server, its useless....its just randomly generated.......IMHO

k, a mod please lock this thread. people are just posting randoms to increase their post count. if they dont believe it, i dont really care.  i dont want to see any retard comments anymore