A more concrete success of enchanting.

derf

oO got my point. i never really deved in any server. i figured it out the hard way by testing in the servers i play and it came out to work based on timing. i never tried it on extreme because ppl i know dont play there as for dragon network is the same reason. now as of phoenix i never heard of it.. i mean people may say its luck and of course it is, on the right timing... although im sure the coders of L2 have made a formula or technically probably a code for this enchanting time. its not random grab from the air like the "rand()" function in C++ in simple terms. and as the encahnt gets higher, they would of course have another code for that specific limit. this can be all wrong but its just based on my user perception

AS for mage weapons. ITS A LOT HARDER. i dont know why. probably a different code for those set of items. but its  a lot harder. the farthest i made was a +11 in some random server i played. i think frozenL2, or #frozenl2 in deltaanime. its still on timing, but it breaks easily for some reason. i mean this isnt the ONLY way for enchanting, just more concrete if ur patient. my other post has a way to enchant weapons quickly, (seconds), but less success. mages break(+7) fighters(+12)

the mage weapons and the bows have less success rate than the close combat rate.

if u say that is based on secons is by the luck too.

i mean first each seccond interval is changed by the ++ you have (+4 have like X sec / +5 have X+2 or something like that, and so on)

then u have a special rate to wich weapon is it.. bow and mage have x sec and close combat have x-1 sec.

what i am trying to say is even if the enchant take only secconds to do the random is still verry hard to find out the intervals for success.

when you brake 2 things in a row, you get much better chance for third enchant. I made sword of valhalla +16 on l2off 2x like this:

I bought a lot of D rings(30), get lot of D enchs and some B enchs. I enchanted all rings to +3, then I went to +4.. when I've destroyed 2 rings, I used an ench on valhalla. I haven't had guts for enchanting more than +16 :P

I also had a crucifix of blood(D) enchanted to +16 like this.

when you brake 2 things in a row, you get much better chance for third enchant. I made sword of valhalla +16 on l2off 2x like this:

I bought a lot of D rings(30), get lot of D enchs and some B enchs. I enchanted all rings to +3, then I went to +4.. when I've destroyed 2 rings, I used an ench on valhalla. I haven't had guts for enchanting more than +16 :P

I also had a crucifix of blood(D) enchanted to +16 like this.

That's just based on statistics.. the chance u break someth is less.. but in fact it is not

Same % chance on breaking !

trash1 you were wrong, I know a guy who broke 18 homu in a row from +3 to +4. if the succes rate on normal server is 60% then the rate to break is 40% not 8%.

i can't delve too deep because thats in my first post.

there is no problem derf I already know your first post.

Now I do have a solution for your problem from +3 to +4 when you said it is critical to succed. You said enchanting succes rate is global. If it is based on time then is logical to be global. So I want to enchant an angel slayer +++ . I will ask a friend to enchant a mithril dagger. We will try to use the enchant in almost the same time. We will select the enchant, we will select each the weapon we want and first he will click ok. If he`s weapon broke then you dont enchant , if you see he succeded you enchant as fast as you can. It is about timing but it can be done.

Still we need to test it cause I am not totally sure l2 calculates random so easy,, might be something like "you location in l2 + your level+many other things + time / 10000".

I need a few days I probably I will have enough ewc to test your method and my idea about safe +4.

Should I make this topic hiden for general public?

trash1 you were wrong, I know a guy who broke 18 homu in a row from +3 to +4. if the succes rate on normal server is 60% then the rate to break is 40% not 8%.

Rate is 66% as far as I know. So chance for first failure is 44%, chance for second failure is 44% from 44% a chance for third failure is 44% from 44% from 44%.

So if you brake 2 things in a row, chance for third failure is about 8%. Study math a lil bit:)

Rate is 66% as far as I know. So chance for first failure is 44%, chance for second failure is 44% from 44% a chance for third failure is 44% from 44% from 44%.

So if you brake 2 things in a row, chance for third failure is about 8%. Study math a lil bit:)

I don't get it, why should it be like this ?

Why can't it be 44% failure on every try from +3 to +4 ?

P.S. Since it is not an exploit or a bug and only a POSSIBLE explanation of the enchant code, can you decrease the minimum amount of posts so we have a little chance to see it before we grow old in here ?!?!?!

I don't get it, why should it be like this ?

Why can't it be 44% failure on every try from +3 to +4 ?

it is always 44% failure, BUT there's only 8% chance that third enchant will be unsuccessful. Check l2wh.com -> tools -> OE Tools -> OE item stats and pick your weapon. For example enchanting weapon from 3 to 4 has 66%, enchanting from 4 to 5 has 66%, but chance when you enchant from 3 to 5 is only 44% 66% from 66% is 44%. It is a total chance of succeeding, not a chance of every enchant.