[Question]How do I apply a patch?

Sindelia

Question

Hello , I've followed every tutorial available here and on google about compiling. What people don't include is how do I apply a patch and mak it work... Do I have to generally right click the L2_GameServer and Team>Apply Patch? On the .patch file do I have to remove/change anything?

I need some assistance please.

Thank you,

Pokiokio

P.S.: It's for L2J , not L2JFree/Emu or any preconf. pack..

http://www.l2jserver.com/trac/wiki/ApplyingPatches  .Check this one.its good.

And this one : http://www.maxcheaters.com/forum/index.php?topic=73559.0  .Go to that line : 

Applying Patches :

first try is the team->apply patch if it has any error forget it and start to add the lines manually in the patch files you see the line where the patch files wants to add/delete lines or something else so its easy to search

I've tried the tutorials but when I try to apply a patch , I select it , click next and I get many files which say : (file does not exist)  e.x: L2_Gameserver (Project doesn't exist in workspace) The project DOES exist on my workspace and I've set the workspace correctly... I saw somewhere how to manually copy/paste the code to exlipse and then patch it but I don't remember where it was and how to do it..

Help :(

you need to set the path in the patch file for ex if you use l2j set java/net/sf/l2j...delete the L2Gameserver part from the index

I'm still having problems..I set the path correctly on my .patch , I try to apply but I get that some files don't exist. And they don't , data at gameserver is full :S , why?

I'd like to request a guide on how to apply a patch , new and detailed :S I mean the other guides aren't clear enough...

i think its clear enough if you cant apply the patch(error)add it manually line by line i cant explain that better

i think its clear enough if you cant apply the patch(error)add it manually line by line i cant explain that better

How do I add it manually? I remember a windwo somewhere that u pasted it , where do I go on Window>Show View ? How do other people manage to apply patches? :(

How do I add it manually? I remember a windwo somewhere that u pasted it , where do I go on Window>Show View ? How do other people manage to apply patches? :(

:D

there are 2 type of apply patch

1.right click -> team -> apply patch and apply from clipboard or from file

2.open the file navigate to the correct line and change the code

first try is 1. if it gives error 2.

Already done! It says:

• And now I'll explain it

Index: C:/workspace/L2_GameServer/java/net/sf/l2j/Config.java

- This is information about which file was modified. In this case Config.java So We should open this file.

(revision 3148)

- Revision for which the patch was created

@@ -507,8 +507,21 @@

- Lines that should be edited

-    public static boolean CUSTOM_TELEPORT_TABLE;

-   public static boolean CUSTOM_DROPLIST_TABLE;

-    public static boolean CUSTOM_MERCHANT_TABLES;

- Minus means that we should delete these lines.

+   public static boolean CHARTITLESTART;

+   public static String CHARTITLE;

- Plus means that we should add these lines.

Where do I add these lines? It says to add them manually. Add them where and how? I'm very confused with that tutorial.

2) What file? Navigate to which line? Change which code? Revision? What changes do I make? Remove lines? what? :(