New Server , just the way YOU want it

stop asking ppl.. they do not know, they only like or dislike what they see.. =P

be original and learn enough java to make anythign out of l2(at least so you can fix errors, or stay ahead on retail devs, since l2j isnt rlly making it hard)... anyway pvp is what ppl like, that with just the right mix of mobs, farming.. for some even crafting.. =P

but most important.. be original and stop leeching servers, with only moded config.. expecting it to be something big.. =/

Well I'm running a server which is very like pa40's suggestions except for the fact that its 35X and its running l2j which I know most of you hate, but its actually improving alot and is getting much better every day.

Were running on a dedicated machine with great specs such as:

Processor - AMD Phenom 9750 Quad Core @ 2.4GHZ

Ram - 8GB

Video Card (Don't think it matters) - ATI Radeon 3870 HD 1GB

OS - Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit

120GB TeraByte Hard drive @ 10000RPM

Internet Connection

on speedtest.com

-Download 23.00Mb/s

-Upload 1.00Mb/s

Visit L2Angelic.com for more info

Only thing that I really need to upgrade is my internet connection which can be done with one call to my provider but before I do that I would like to know if there are people playing on the server since no one has been joining lately.

i read the posts.. and sorry.. but from what you ask for its only logical to conclude, that you are a newbie.. maybe not as much as the most ppl here, but lol... you dont even know what the limit for "non-newbie" is.. and why would 1 runing server proove you different? oO

(btw my first l2 test server got setup in 2 mins... cuz in reality thats how long it takes to install sqls and change configs, rlly nothing pro)

for your info.. you wont be called a newbie from me, once you are able to create l2 emulator, without any l2j or w/e group supplying updates all the time... and when you arent just dling servers, changing configs or adding w/e sql/client support, then calling it "my server" like you actually did something more than leech?

You see.. even if you are one of the rare ones here, that actually opened some code and learned what integer and string means lol.. you still know almost nothing.. thats the first step to being a normal newbie =)

so.. without some more knowledge all you can ever do is run retail, depend on configs and l2j.. with this youll beat all rest and actually get a community? gl with that rlly, im sure it will be very popular =/

hope you dont get this in a wrong way.. wasnt ment as flame or w/e it will look like to you.. so gl with whatever project and wish you best..

Rate:10k

Adena:10k

Spoil:1x

No Donations

GmShop

AIO Buffer

No customs

Events

Safe enchant 3

Max enchant 16

Enchant rate

Normal scroll:70%

Crystal scroll:80%

Blessed scroll 90%

No retarted GM`s

Starting level 80

Zones for PVP and farming.Ok now you will ask why farming when there is no customs?Make npc who sell blessed enchants for coins maybe or other item.

PK Guards

Protection againts hackers xD

If it was C4 will be much better...

Hope you make good server. xD

sensey , i did NOT say that i am not a newbie , i said i am not a noob. there`s a big difference and u know it.

I have some knowledge of programing (java , c+ , perl etc ) and i wanna learn more ,

This is why i opened this topic . Maybe smth good will come out of this .

This is why i asked for u`r help ... i know that a lot of people here are noobs , but there are some people that know what l2 is about.

i understand that.. and at one point i asked same question, actually i kept asking it for about 5..7 months and seriously.. you cant expect good ideas from ppl that dont even know what can and cant be done..

so im very glad you took this like i meant it.. and all i can tell you from my experience.. l2 retail is played only by faithful players, very few are new ones so.. the future is ofc in high rates, but not change exp and go high rates lol.. most ppl do that and the result is 30-50 ppl online and even that is only cuz some imba alliance has 30 ppl and pks all rest, so they cant even farm.

so.. i think atm best option is gve, with custom gameplay like.. each player has half the server for alliance and doesnt matter how good you are in mass pvp all kill and die.. make nice rewards for whichever side has more kills or maybe some special siege system.. so players are motivated.

i also like to add things like seperate mods.. that add to normal farm/pvp play.. like a challenge is maybe real estate engine.. to be able to sell any land to any player or idk.. nice one for me was pet farms, so you capture any mob and can fly/ride it or maybe kep all captured mobs in your real estate etc..... it can just go on for long time lol, but you see the pattern, its making l2 more exciting, not moding config and do some custom item unbalance like most, cuz then i prefer retail. =)

Every single admin has to combine his "tastes" with the players.

I mean, you just want to us give you tips of the perfect server... but guess what, there are no perfect servers!

There are always who dislikes the rates/customs and some other stuff. GVE, some of them have a nice community but you can't afford the prices... i guess.

You want to create a server, just the way we want... So what? check replys to your topic and you will see different opinions. IT'S FOR SURE, NOT EVERY1 LIKES THE SAME.

i'm now wondering, what is this server... just the way WE want it.