[Guide]Tiny,The Stone Giant

Hello!

I was searching a guide about tiny but i didn't find it on the forum!

So here i am to write a guide about Tiny,The Stone Giant

Introduction

Tiny is made to gank and support. He can deal massive damage with his combo Avalanche + Toss alone. With a stun and a fun skill in which both keeps the enemy from escaping, Tiny is a great tool in battles and gangbangs.

Tiny is best played in a dual lane. Partnering with Lina or Leshrac is one of the deadliest dual lanes ever in the game. With Avalanche and chaining it with LSA/ Split Earth, the enemy will just stand still, while they would just notice their life crawling as fast as your internet. In a dual lane, there is no problem if you want to gank on another lane. Tiny is just a gank-star. You could gank from as early as levels 5+.

Later on he has an added role. A tank. Because of his high strength growth and how dangerous he is because of the massive damage he could do to a team, he would most likely be a main focus of the opposing team. With all the nuisance he could give to the enemies, he’s one of the best tanks there is.

Table of Contents

GS1. Skill Set

GS2. Skill Build

GS3. Item Build

GS4. Best Allies

GS5. Worst Enemies

GS6. Conclusion and Final Statement

++++++++

GS1.

++++++++

Skill Set

Avalanche

2dtpxu8.gif

2ymso7d.png

Mechanics: It deals four sets of damage, instead of being instant pure damage like LSA and the likes.

Strategics: It’s pretty much one of the lamest easiest to target AoE skills. Since it deals a flurry of damages in 2 seconds. Enemies who enter it in the duration will still be stunned. See how lame this skill is.

You use Avalanche as your ganking/ stunning/ supporting/ initiating skill. Any stun and damage skill is worth a starting skill, and Avalanche is for sure a very helpful tool for you and your team.

Toss

2z7pz41.gif

2h58y90.png

Mechanics: The target tossed is considered disabled for 2 seconds, though he may still be attacked or affected by all types of damage he can receive while in normal state. DK in Dragon From cannot be tossed.

Strategics: You use it as a conjunction with your Avalanche as a powerful gank/ damage/ killing combo. Toss also keeps to opponent in place so Toss is also another support/ ganking/ initiating skill like Avalanche. Toss is a great way to let your creativity flow out.

How to use Toss

When you click "Toss" an AoE circle is now your cursor.

To aim you have to make the exact middle of the circle on top of an enemy unit. It may look like an AoE circle where you can aim anywhere, but it works exactly like a single target cursor.

When you click on the enemy unit with the circle you pick up a random unit that's close to you then you toss it.

So those pros who use the toss kind of like a swap are near the target they wanna swap, then aim for an enemy unit in the middle of his allies, and then "Toss".

Craggy Exterior

29nv70x.gif

idfyid.png

Mechanics: It already has a chance to trigger when an attack animation begins. It is considered able to “stack” together with Butterfly, though I don’t know wtf that info is for in this guide.

Strategics: This is better leveled in mid-late game simply because Craggy Exterior triggers much more often in these stages because enemies are more on attacking you physically. It’s even better not leveled anymore (Until your last levels) when you face a team which doesn’t make use of melee carry heroes.

Grow!

2hfnjbs.gif

28ixpnk.png

Mechanics: Illusions doesn’t benefit from this, which means they will remain in the size of a tiny without Grow.

Strategics: It’s better leveled when you have maxed Avalanche and Toss, because you can deal more deadly hits while the enemy is standing still from your combo.

++++++++

GS2.

++++++++

Skill Build

Level 1

- Avalanche

Level 2

- Toss

Level 3

- Avalanche

Level 4

- Toss

Level 5

- Avalanche

Level 6

- Toss

Level 7

- Avalanche

Level 8

- Toss

Level 9

– Grow!

Level 10

– Attribute Bonus/ Craggy Exterior

Level 11

– Grow!

Level 12

- Attribute Bonus/ Craggy Exterior

Level 13

Level 14

Level 15

- Attribute Bonus

Level 16

– Grow!

Level 17

Level 18

Level 19

Level 20

Level 21

- Attribute Bonus

Level 22

- Attribute Bonus

Level 23

- Attribute Bonus

Level 24

- Attribute Bonus

Level 25

- Attribute Bonus

Generally Avalanche and Toss are to be maxed first because they are the key skills of Tiny. Almost everyone knows that, even in pubs.

Grow is learnt at level 9 because that is the period where Avalanche and Toss are maxed, and that is the perfect time to level grow. People usually get Grow at level 6, I don’t think that’s anywhere near bad. The reason why my build maxes the two skills first is that they give you more kills earlier

Getting Craggy Exterior is situational. The factor you should give attention to is if the enemies have about 1-2 melee DPS heroes and the time when they get strong. If you think that they’re already strong in early mid, get it earlier. However, when there are no melee DPS heroes in the enemy team at all, don’t get Craggy Exterior other than your last few levels.

++++++++

GS3.

++++++++

Item Build

n6dvk5.png

Starting Items

– Most of the time you’ll be getting tangos and branches for early game survival.

Boots of Speed

and

2 Bracers/ Nulls

are no-brainers. You need them for better survival and better ganking/ chasing capabilities.

Empty Bottle

is the stationary item of all gankers, and bottle is your main source of regeneration. It helps you cast more Avalanches/Tosses. Runes are also stepping stones to victory, and using them at the right time is a must.

Blink Dagger

is a MUST for every tank/ initiator. Tiny has very strong but melee ranged AoE spells, and getting Blink Dagger makes it easier for you to get near them, without any problems at all. Dagger is also abusable in many ways. You can use it to chase, escape and almost every kind of abuse you can do.

++++++++

Extension Items

Boots of Travel

2n9gxsi.gif

Turning BoS into BoT is a no-brainer. There should be no conflict between Power Treads and BoT simply because BoT owns Treads for Tiny. Tiny doesn’t attack fast. He needs to move fast, and BoT is just what makes Tiny faster.

Shiva’s Guard

2nlqn2b.gif

Shiva’s Guard gives you three benefits which you NEED. First, it gives you armor, which you don’t have that much. It also gives you more tanking capabilities. Second, it gives you a great amount of mana so you can spam your spells more. Third, it gives you a skill which lets you and your team chase enemies, and also another conjunction after Blink+Ava-toss.

Heart of Tarrasque

rcj6mc.gif

Every tank has HoT as an extension item. It gives you more hp and regeneration, plus a bit of damage. Both the hp and damage from HoT are welcome so generally you would also want to get Heart if you’re really farming good.

++++++++

Further Item Discussion

Items in green are optional.

Items in red are bad.

Hood of Defiance

– It’s a great tanking item. Your armor is low, and the magic reduction serves as your deduction from a lot of spells. Get it if you want to, it’s worth getting in several games you may encounter.

Linken’s Sphere – With the large buff in the 6.50 versions, Linken’s Sphere is a possible item for Tiny. It can block some harmful spells and you can block two spells within less than 20 seconds. The stats it gives are also beneficial.

Sheepstick

– Of course this is welcome. It gives you mana and a disable, incase your team lacks or needs another disable. The reason why this didn’t enter my core or even extension is because Tiny isn’t pure support and he also has to focus on his initiating/ ganking power.

Cuirass

– Quite optional because other than the armor, you get attack speed which is not your primary source of damage because you use your spells more than you attack. Cuirass is still worth a try to those who want Tank-DPS hybrids.

IAS Items

– Also optional because we want to focus more on other aspects than Tiny’s DPS capabilities.

DPS Items

– No. Tiny has bad attack speed with Grow and getting DPS + IAS Items would make me feel like you’re focusing more on Tiny’s DPS capabilities, which is the focus of most guides here in DP. Sorry never my taste in my whole life.

Manta Style

– I have no idea why you would like to get this. Of course you get something to chase the enemy from Diffusal Blade’s Purge and additional hp but the real reason is you never get all the juice from this item, which is, your images can’t benefit from grow.

++++++++

GS4.

++++++++

Best Allies

Lina/ Leshrac

33f3o5c.gif242d66g.gif

As I have said again and again, Lina/ Leshrac are the best choices for chaining stuns. In a dual lane, I assure you generally hard face-kicking, numerous fountain trips for the enemies np.

Initiators

2415ts2.gifi1fy1f.gif

Heroes like ES/ Magnus want to get near the enemies. Why not? All they need to do is call Tiny, and he will throw them into a dozen of heroes, then they can deal massive AoE damage.

Techies

105tekk.gif

An outgrowth from initiators, Techies is also another initiator but this time with another case. He would most likely kill both himself and the enemies after getting tossed and doing Suicide.

Shadow Shaman/ Crystal Maiden

2u63gwm.gif2qbudmp.gif

They are different from other initiators because in this case, the enemies get thrown to them or their units to achieve maximum effect. I wonder if enemies won’t cry out loud when they get Tossed near their opponent tower, while they get disabled and blasted with massive elements of damage. Pudge and others are also acceptable.

++++++++

GS5.

++++++++

Worst Enemies

Doom Bringer

20iapzl.gif

Tiny as a tank is vulnerable to all offenses the enemies could give, and a team with Doom Bringer is most likely going to have you doomed, because you’re just one of the best tanks there is.

Slardar

2rz9so1.gif

You already have low armor, and lowering it more means you’ll receive a massive damage increase, which should just not happen.

Nerubian Assassin

2hge7pv.gif

Early game you can’t harass him because he is the king of early game harassers, and he truly makes a statement even when facing against Tiny.

++++++++

GS6.

++++++++

Conclusion and Final Statement

Tiny is one of the best competitive tanks out there. With the ability to mass stun a group of enemies easily, Tiny’s supporting and initiating capabilities are very high. Tiny is also very fun to use, because Toss makes you think creatively. You can toss anything anywhere, and there is no limitation to imagination.

The END

More Guides Comming Soon :D

-Commodus

Tiny is a slow hero

You need Arcane ring because you need big amounts of mana and ofc Assault cuirass because with ur ult you attack slower than replay

Hmm,i have writen above that cuirass is ok for tiny but i didn't mentioned anything about arcane ring ^^.

Actually,i am playing this hero with that items that i have mentioned above.

Hmm,i have writen above that cuirass is ok for tiny but i didn't mentioned anything about arcane ring ^^.

Actually,i am playing this hero with that items that i have mentioned above.

Well,using arcane gives you benefits

also grow should be at lvl 6 not 9

you don't need so much toss than avalance so you can get grow at 7 if you actually plant to lvl up ur skills

In addition bracers are i think should be replaced just by 1 null talisman

you don't need such str nor mana coz you spent money and anyway you are gonna get energy booster

Well,using arcane gives you benefits

also grow should be at lvl 6 not 9

you don't need so much toss than avalance so you can get grow at 7 if you actually plant to lvl up ur skills

In addition bracers are i think should be replaced just by 1 null talisman

you don't need such str nor mana coz you spent money and anyway you are gonna get energy booster

My commend will come when I wil read all the guide...

For now:

Tiny can be playes as :

DPS , Tank + SKill Spammer

MaestroLuke as i understunt , he is playing Spammer 

Lifestealer is his biggest enemy.

Anyway,each guy plays each player on his own way so we can't all agree in one way.

BTW,TheEnd can you add it on the dota guides?

Thx.

Anyway,each guy plays each player on his own way so we can't all agree in one way.

BTW,TheEnd can you add it on the dota guides?

Thx.

add more allies/bad enemies + lane controll

+ More Altenative items and I will add it...

Something else i just noticed

Explain how to use toss because some people may can't figure out

Your player must be near a creep/hero and with the green area you target the enemy

Added!

Check the first post!

Usually .. I Buy Bots/cuiras/ring and a couple of bracers or a talisman necks on tiny and i prefer playing as an assistand or a tank... u can toss a stuner inside the enemies like shaker as u already mentioned.. Also i think because cuiras its A MUST on tiny u can add lich on allies because of his shield and play tank-like..  and slardar cannot be a big problem .. in front of tiny cause of third skill+ cuiras