[Guide] Photoshop Lessons

eKoIce

koyfo listen plz..karma is something like a prize..it is like that makes ppl do something better..however because a guy gave some maps it doesnt mean that you must give him 2 karma cause you liked him..listn something more..If everyone could give karma to other ppl then everyone would give to someone he wanted..now however that only mods can give you should be responsible to use your rights right not because you liked someone to give 2 or 3 or 4 karma....thats what i think and hope you dont take it as an insult..

I think Koyfo has a right because the maps that the guy gave,you can't find them anywhere it's pure his job & and it gets updated every time with new maps!!

I think that karma and titles mean nothing, i think i have told you that and to most of people that i know. We are all the same, but anybody is on this sector...

I like abstract art on photoshop :)

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/560037/abstract_tutorial/#

And a guide :)

Ok heres how to create a good looking abstract signature for use in forums and some websites.

I used an abstract brush pack for this tutorial. You can download it from http://www.dpck.net/upload/387_ABSTRACT_VECTOR_BRUSHES.rar.

To install brushes, put the brush file inside C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS2\Presets where C:\ is your main drive and Program Files is where you installed photoshop. Then go to photoshop and click on the brush tool and then up the top where you select your brush and click the little arrow and select the 387 abstract brushes.

Ok before we get started, we need to know which colours we want to use, and also a render we want to use. For the sig im going to use colours which are similar to my render to make it all blend in. The render i am using can be found http://www.dpck.net/upload/halorender.png. A good site for renders is http://www.gamerenders.com. This requires registration, but it's worth it.

Ok now that that's all sorted, lets head over to photoshop.

Go to file > New

A default signature size is 400 by 100 pixels, with a white background.

So you should have settings like this:

newdocohu3.th.jpg

Now you want to fill the background layer with some colour.

Use the gradient with 2 shades of the colour you are using (for me i'm using green)

1st Colour : #49f50c

2nd Colour : #31ae04

bggradientkq2.th.jpg

Drag the gradient from where your render is going to sit, as mine is going to sit on the left, im going to drag from left to right, and get something like this:

bggradientresultst0.th.jpg

Now create a new layer and select the 1st vector brush (vector 1) with and use about 300-400 size and click 2-3 times in different areas of the sig.

abstractbrush1sz8.th.jpg

Change the blending mode to overlay.

Create another layer and use the brush 4 brushes down from the one you last used and click it around 2 or 3 times in the middle, varying position.

abstractbrush2dn9.th.jpg

Set this blending mode to soft light.

Ok now open up your render.

Use the magic wand to select the transparent parts of the render.

Then once its all selected, go to select > inverse and copy it and paste it onto your signature. The size will be a bit big so transform it down (use shift to keep proportions)

Heres what you should have (obviously going to look different if you have a different render)

sigwithrenderfe7.th.jpg

Now duplicate your render but put the duplicate behind the original render. Hide the original render. Use the smudge tool and smudge your duplicate render beyond existence.

smuge1dm0.jpg

Set this layers blending option to lighten.

Duplicate your original render again and put it above your smudged layer but below the original. With this layer go to filter > liquify. Use the tool with the hand on it (top one), i used 30, 50, 50 for my settings but to give it some individual flavour you can do what ever you like. Once your satisfied with destroying it enough then click ok. Now change the blending mode to colour burn. Now duplicate your smudged layer 2-3 times and offset each one a bit. You may want to unhide the top layer so you can see the final result. Adjust each to your liking.

finallayerordervd9.th.jpg

Now thats where i will leave it, because you can add your individual touch with text effects

Here are some variations you could add instead of the brushes.

Go to filter > render > clouds, then filter > pixelate > mezzotint set to long lines. Then, filter > blur > radial blur set to zoom and best and to 100.

x.X

I personally use C4D first and then i edit with photoshop :P

I think that karma and titles mean nothing

Killer you got the meaning from the first line of your reply :). thx

PS: Please don't spam it.

PS2: NS,  :-X

• 1 month later...

• 3 months later...