The Swine Flu [Swine Grippe]

DreaM

1st. What is Swine Grippe

Swine Influenza (swine grippe) is a respiratory disease of pigs caused by type A grippe virus that on a regular basis causes eruptions of grippe in pigs. Swine flu viruses cause high levels of illness and low death rates in pigs. Swine influenza viruses may circulate among swine throughout the year, but most outbreaks happen during the tardily fall down and wintertime a long time similar to outbreaks in humans. The classical swine flu virus (an influenza type A H1N1 virus) was first quarantined from a pig in 1930.

The main topic question is :

Are you afraid?

And if the disease ends up as a pandemonium and it spreads through your country, what will you do?!

Yeah me too, thats the only thing bothering me atm its not like im scared from the thing itself. From our news they speak about it a lot so i decided to ask the world about it... Anyway they also said the level of the pandemonium have raised from 4 to 5 when the maximum level is 6, and lets hope this doesn't happen!

me 2 guys... and now that you say that the maximum level is 6 and we are at 5 omg i am scared xD i hope too that it will doesn't happen...

EDIT: yes i am afraid a little bit and if the pandenonium will come to my country then i will be a vegetarian xD

EDIT: yes i am afraid a little bit and if the pandenonium will come to my country then i will be a vegetarian xD

Yeah me too! Now i eat only chicken :P

Well i afraid a lot...Cause the virus came in Europe..Let's hope the scientists will find a cure for this and we will stop afraid of this sh1t :P

U dont have to panic....In the end,the worst thing that can happen to u is to die...so dont panic :P ....Seriously guys in Greece dont be too afraid cause we dont have any clues that we have the virus in our country...so chill :P

Y im afraid too. Anyway, it hasnt come yet in Greece so we are ''safe'' for now.

Anyway, just stay away from Mexicans, and everything will be ok. ;D (j/k ofc)

And if the disease ends up as a pandemonium and it spreads through your country, what will you do?!

Well, lets hope for the best, not for the worst.

I heard there was some sentences of the virus in German and thats DAMN CLOSE.. So sooner or later if we dont find a cure for it fast, we might end up with it.

Well, I just found an article about that in wiki,took this part and highlighted some lines, it might interest you (its about preventing the spread of the flu & treating it) :

Prevention of transmission to humans

The transmission from swine to human is believe to occur mainly in swine farms where farmers are in close contact with live pigs. Although strains of swine influenza are usually not able to infect humans this may occasionally happen, so farmers and veterinarians are encouraged to use a face mask when dealing with infected animals. The use of vaccines on swine to prevent their infection is a major method of limiting swine to human transmission.

Prevention of spread in humans

Influenza spreads between humans through coughing or sneezing and people touching something with the virus on it and then touching their own nose or mouth.Swine flu cannot be spread by pork products, since the virus is not transmitted through food.The swine flu in humans is most contagious during the first five days of the illness although some people, most commonly children, can remain contagious for up to ten days. Diagnosis can be made by sending a specimen, collected during the first five days for analysis.

Recommendations to prevent spread of the virus among humans include using standard infection control against influenza. This includes frequent washing of hands with soap and water or with alcohol-based hand sanitizers, especially after being out in public.Although the current trivalent influenza vaccine is unlikely to provide protection against the new 2009 H1N1 strain,vaccines against the new strain are being developed and could be ready as early as June 2009.

Experts agree that hand-washing can help prevent viral infections, including ordinary influenza and the swine flu virus. Influenza can spread in coughs or sneezes, but an increasing body of evidence shows small droplets containing the virus can linger on tabletops, telephones and other surfaces and be transferred via the fingers to the mouth, nose or eyes. Alcohol-based gel or foam hand sanitizers work well to destroy viruses and bacteria. Anyone with flu-like symptoms such as a sudden fever, cough or muscle aches should stay away from work or public transportation and should see a doctor to be tested.

Social distancing is another tactic. It means staying away from other people who might be infected and can include avoiding large gatherings, spreading out a little at work, or perhaps staying home and lying low if an infection is spreading in a community. Public health and other responsible authorites have action plans which social distancing actions to request or require depending on the severity of the outbreak.

Treatment

In humans

If a person gets sick, antiviral drugs can make the illness milder and make the patient feel better faster. They may also prevent serious flu complications. For treatment, antiviral drugs work best if started soon after getting sick (within 2 days of symptoms). Beside antivirals, palliative care, at home or in the hospitals, focuses on controlling fevers and maintaining fluid balance. The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends the use of Tamiflu (oseltamivir) or Relenza (zanamivir) for the treatment and/or prevention of infection with swine influenza viruses, however, the majority of people infected with the virus make a full recovery without requiring medical attention or antiviral drugs.The virus isolates in the 2009 outbreak have been found resistant to amantadine and rimantadine.

In the U.S., on April 27, 2009, the FDA issued Emergency Use Authorizations to make available Relenza and Tamiflu antiviral drugs to treat the swine influenza virus in cases for which they are currently unapproved. The agency issued these EUAs to allow treatment of patients younger than the current approval allows and to allow the widespread distribution of the drugs, including by non-licensed volunteers.

---------------------------------------------

Just with a few words, you can eat as muck pork meat as you want, you won't get the disease.

And wash your hands as much as you can.

Nice information , although with mask or not, there is still a chance to get infected, nothing guarantee safety but this info might be one way to start preventing it but medicaments of the type againts-this-kind-of-virus should be produceed as soon as possible. This disease have became a fact within a week and we should be careful because tomorrow we might be the ones infected by it.

Philip c'omon are you really scared ?damn relax,live your dream

Im not scared i dont care if something going  to happen it will happen just happen...

live every day as if it's your last ,because you never know what happen tommorow ;D

Its not like im "scared" its just a feeling...Although thats kinda not right.. i mean there was Chickin Grippe... there was Mad Cow virus and so go on... and where are they now? Im thinking Is this another made up story for the sake of the farmacien's ... do you know how many money will they earn once they create "the CURE"? I pretty much think this is some kind of trick... because if its smth that big... why it disappears and we never heard of it ever again[like the chicken grippe{did you notice that after they neutriliazed it there is no sign of another guy infected with it}]... im just curious.. didn't you notice that ? :)

aye, the same thing again and again :P

as dream said the mad cow disease :D

do you remember the bird flu :/?

they went on and on about it on TV and stuff. Even in turkey which is like one boat away from us :S

Guess what... we are still alive =X

i think that the media exaggerates. it should be considered as a lethal "pandemonium" but heck... relax :P

GOD WILL SAVE US :P

now stfu and go to sleep :D

Gn

aye, the same thing again and again :P

as dream said the mad cow disease :D

do you remember the bird flu :/?

they went on and on about it on TV and stuff. Even in turkey which is like one boat away from us :S

Guess what... we are still alive =X

i think that the media exaggerates. it should be considered as a lethal "pandemonium" but heck... relax :P

GOD WILL SAVE :P

now stfu and go to sleep :D

Gn

ax0xa0x0a0ax0xa0xaxa0xa0xa00 lol !!!!!!! +1

he is right medias exxagerate news and terrify people...chilll