l2 acis interlude

madbill

Question

Hello.im ultra noob and im experimenting with an l2 interlude server(l2 acis-public-master)My first questin is how possible is for some1 to upgrade on acis project an interlude server to a fg.Im on really early stage of that try and the progress is really slow with a lot of error.

The 2nd question is something else.im trying to import some of @CriticalError shares(btw thanks mates,cool shares) but when i add the sql part on the folder where all the other sql are i cant see it on navicat.I tried to import it manually but i get an error ([ERR] 1146 - Table '12.custom_weapon' doesn't exist)-->(12 is my db).I can understand that there is no table that stores the weapon stats.So where are those stats stored?

P.S i know i will never go live probably but its really a way to express my creativity.Thanks in advance.

9 answers to this question

4 hours ago, Tryskell said:

All static (any template type : npc, item, zone, skill...) data is stored into XML, db is for dynamic data.

I didn't get your first question.

Thank you for your reply.i did that,creating a new .xml and adding the data of the weapon but when i try to create it in game,a message that dont exist comes.(the custom weapon i dled have an .sql table as well)

I use your pack btw(thank you for your share)

My 1st question is:How possible is to 'upgrade' an interlude client to an fg on l2acis.I did my reserach and i was not able to find a fg acis pack.

To clarify it more.Is it possible to be an interlude 'engine' but looking like fg? 

I got no clue what is "fg". You can use upper client (Classic, H5 or whatever), but you have to adapt all packets to match the client requirements (which is the edition of existing packets - opcodes and structures - and the addition of new packets - to support whatever client window).

aCis is dedicated to IL (aCis stands for "another Crappy interlude server"), there is an eventual project to make it running using an upper client, but that's definitively not my priority right now and if I do it, that would be either extremely costy or for myself.

About your custom table (and customs in general) it's not because you add a random config/table it gonna magically work. For your custom table to work, you have to add the whole server side to load your table on server, since there is no custom items table by default on aCis.

The easiest way is to copy-paste an existing object from XML and add it on existing XMLs. There is strictly no uses to make a custom items SQL table.

6 hours ago, xZEUSx said:

Never heard of "fg" ... maybe he means Gracia Final(gf)?

Why would you update from Intelude to Gracia Final? If you make all this effort to make the server work for a newer client, take the latest client that you have interface source + compiler for.

15 hours ago, An4rchy said:

Why would you update from Intelude to Gracia Final? If you make all this effort to make the server work for a newer client, take the latest client that you have interface source + compiler for.

Bro, I am just trying to offer a suggestion about wtf @madbill means when he says "fg"

On 5/18/2023 at 11:48 PM, Tryskell said:

I got no clue what is "fg". You can use upper client (Classic, H5 or whatever), but you have to adapt all packets to match the client requirements (which is the edition of existing packets - opcodes and structures - and the addition of new packets - to support whatever client window).

aCis is dedicated to IL (aCis stands for "another Crappy interlude server"), there is an eventual project to make it running using an upper client, but that's definitively not my priority right now and if I do it, that would be either extremely costy or for myself.

About your custom table (and customs in general) it's not because you add a random config/table it gonna magically work. For your custom table to work, you have to add the whole server side to load your table on server, since there is no custom items table by default on aCis.

The easiest way is to copy-paste an existing object from XML and add it on existing XMLs. There is strictly no uses to make a custom items SQL table.

Thank you for your reply.I am sorry about the confusion with the acronym 'fg',my dyslexia some times strikes back hard.I was reffering to Gracia final.

I had no idea that aCis was deticated to IL.I was clueless.I chose this Sef because i was under the impression tha it's the most stable.

I hope for goold luck with your projects and im really greatfull for your advices.Knowledge come with a price these days.Im still gonna try with the upgrade even without much awarness of coding.

I see what you are saying about XMLs,i will do that.

On 5/20/2023 at 2:55 AM, xZEUSx said:

Bro, I am just trying to offer a suggestion about wtf @madbill means when he says "fg"

You are right.i was reffering to Gracia Final as 'fg'.As i mentionted before i had no idea that aCis stand for another custom interlude server(im using this sef atm).This whole missunderstanding prompted by my tiny understanding of l2 emu+coding.

@An4rchyi swept the web but i was unable to find the right data i need to do what you're talking about.

Well, my answer is still reliable. You can reach another chronicle altering packets structures and opcodes + adding missing functionalities which were introduced in later chronicles. Datapack would still be IL oriented, so you also have to reparse it (using L2OFF, and you're lucky since GF is the only viable datapack and you won't have to bother about data being true or false).

It's an extreme time-consuming action, and you shouldn't handle it alone, except if you already mastered L2J. But well, do whatever you want with your free time ;).

Being GF, H5 or Classic chronicle doesn't really matter. Some even tried to port aCis as Hellbound, from what I know.

16 hours ago, Tryskell said:

Well, my answer is still reliable. You can reach another chronicle altering packets structures and opcodes + adding missing functionalities which were introduced in later chronicles. Datapack would still be IL oriented, so you also have to reparse it (using L2OFF, and you're lucky since GF is the only viable datapack and you won't have to bother about data being true or false).

It's an extreme time-consuming action, and you shouldn't handle it alone, except if you already mastered L2J. But well, do whatever you want with your free time ;).

Being GF, H5 or Classic chronicle doesn't really matter. Some even tried to port aCis as Hellbound, from what I know.

Well to me its a marathon,not a 100m sprint.I will continue to have fun while editing and failing again and again and who knows,maybe in the future i will be able to show what i did to the world.

The real surprise for me was that every1 who contact me was really helpfull and very polite.

Gl to everyone and thank you.You really clarify my cloudy view.