Microphone Chat

LoVe+

Question

Hello , did anyone ever worked with some kind of system that allow players use microphone to speak in game ? 

I mean , java work maybe i can handle making chat over radius etc but can someone that know client edit tell me if there is something in the client about this thing ? thank you i would ask chat gpt but i need a client dev here maybe ?

Edited by LoVe+

6 answers to this question

9 hours ago, LoVe+ said:

I've thought about this in the past, but I don't think it's feasible to do it the way the Lineage 2 client works, at least not for the older clients. However, there are definitely ways to implement a form of in-game communication, but not like how it's done in FiveM, for example.

I don't have the exact knowledge to answer with certainty, but I believe that the way to achieve this requires a lot of knowledge both in the client, where the client plays the biggest role as it is the primary source of every sound you receive but also give through the microphone, regardless of whether you hear from various sources, as well as good knowledge of Java to adjust many malfunctions and spam that may arise.

Also, regarding the chat GPT, it's important to value human opinion more than any other medium. I dislike this particular tool, and as long as it's not necessary in my life, I won't use it.

• Like 1

About ChatGPT .. i had a conversation with the thing and i asked him if i can connect hes api to my l2j project , and maybe if he use all packets to move etc he could join me raids , the thing said he would apreciate that but is difficult but not imposible .. jajaja he wanna play with us 

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, LoVe+ said:

About ChatGPT .. i had a conversation with the thing and i asked him if i can connect hes api to my l2j project , and maybe if he use all packets to move etc he could join me raids , the thing said he would apreciate that but is difficult but not imposible .. jajaja he wanna play with us 

It should be possible theoretically xD, would be fun as fuck, for example, some dude is implementing chatgpt into a Skyrim mod to get infinite dialogues on NPCs and shit like that 

https://www.ign.com/articles/skyrim-mod-uses-chatgpt-and-other-ai-tools-to-give-npcs-a-memory-and-endless-things-to-say

About having a voice chat, i have no fuckin clue whatsoever, but i've seen some people come somewhere 'close' to that in other unreal engine games (like old unreal tournament, etc) https://ut99.org/viewtopic.php?t=5410
I have no idea about how hard it'd be to actually manage to implement something like this into L2's client, maybe someone from the reverse code team knows better 😛

You need:
1. VOIP server. Witch will handle all logic about traffic routing and maybe mixing.
2. Client extender witch will let u:
- implement support for real-time streaming opus(library already linked to client) sound on character actor. This will let u create real in game voice chat, not discord clone
- receive needed data from voip server and play on character
- capture mic and send data to the voip server

Anyway it looks real. Even if play on char is not real, u can imitate surrounding sound by characters pos.

With needed knowledge it's about 1-2 weeks of work with using opensource.
I'm familiar with voip, but not with client extending(inject, hook and etc)

Edited by Projack
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1