Set up server before live.

Question

Hello, i dont know if this is the right place to post this but i will, if not move it, sorry.

We have a machine:
64GB ram
2x 2 TB SSD (No RAID)
Windows Server 2022 Standard Edition 64 bit

I know linux is recommended but windows is easier for me. Thats why we got some extra GB.
How to set up L2J server gameserver.bat and configs in order to run max amount of players and what would be max amount infact, any information appreciated!

Edit:

Yes i did a research before i ask... 

I know i dont know everything thats why i ask 😅

Edited by ๖ۣۜG๖ۣۜL๖ۣۜO๖ۣۜR๖ۣۜY

12 answers to this question

2 minutes ago, splicho said:

So you want to simulate a shit ton of "fake players" to test your servers' performance?

Nop just edit settings i dont rly know how to use fake players.. 

Back in 2014 this doesnt existed

9 minutes ago, ๖ۣۜG๖ۣۜL๖ۣۜO๖ۣۜR๖ۣۜY said:

Olá, não sei se este é o lugar certo para postar isso, mas vou, se não movê-lo, desculpe.

Temos uma máquina:
64 GB de RAM
2x 2 TB SSD (Sem RAID)
Windows Server 2022 Standard Edition 64 bits

Eu sei que o linux é recomendado, mas o Windows é mais fácil para mim. É por isso que temos alguns GB extras.
Como configurar o servidor L2J gameserver.bat e configs para rodar a quantidade máxima de jogadores e qual seria a quantidade máxima de fato, qualquer informação é apreciada!

Editar:

Sim, eu pesquisei antes de perguntar... 

Eu sei que não sei tudo por isso pergunto <font style=😅">

with a machine like that it depends on java and it is important if you are going to use a java8 that is very light you will support so many players that you will never bog down the server only thing you should look at in Task of the task manager what is the consumption that the JDK is consuming

6 minutes ago, BAN_L2JDev said:

with a machine like that it depends on java and it is important if you are going to use a java8 that is very light you will support so many players that you will never bog down the server only thing you should look at in Task of the task manager what is the consumption that the JDK is consuming

You didnt quite understand the question i know there are some changes that has to be made in l2j server configs and mysql.ini to run this much online members and my  gameserver.bat is at java version:1.7

Sry im not much into this cuz i was thinking more about server game then running it :x

Just now, ๖ۣۜG๖ۣۜL๖ۣۜO๖ۣۜR๖ۣۜY said:

Você não entendeu muito bem a pergunta, eu sei que existem algumas alterações que devem ser feitas nas configurações do servidor l2j e no mysql.ini para executar tantos membros online e meu gameserver.bat está na versão java: 1.7

Server.proprierts

# Maximum database connections.
MaximumDbConnections = 1000

# Define how many players are allowed to play simultaneously on your server.
MaximumOnlineUsers = 1000

# =================================================================
#                            Threadpool

# Determines the amount of scheduled thread pools. If set to -1, the server will decide the amount depending on the available processors.
ScheduledThreadPoolCount = -1

# Specifies how many threads will be in a single scheduled pool.
ThreadsPerScheduledThreadPool = 750

# Determines the amount of instant thread pools. If set to -1, the server will decide the amount depending on the available processors.
InstantThreadPoolCount = -1

# Specifies how many threads will be in a single instant pool.
ThreadsPerInstantThreadPool = 8

LoguinServer

Can you make your question clearer now?

15 minutes ago, ๖ۣۜG๖ۣۜL๖ۣۜO๖ۣۜR๖ۣۜY said:

Hello, i dont know if this is the right place to post this but i will, if not move it, sorry.

We have a machine:
64GB ram
2x 2 TB SSD (No RAID)
Windows Server 2022 Standard Edition 64 bit

I know linux is recommended but windows is easier for me. Thats why we got some extra GB.
How to set up L2J server gameserver.bat and configs in order to run max amount of players and what would be max amount infact, any information appreciated!

Edit:

Yes i did a research before i ask... 

I know i dont know everything thats why i ask 😅

What should actually worry you if you expect a high amount of players (by high talking about 1k+ real players, is if your project's code can handle such load (this is a typical issue by using good/bad base projects). 

About launch configs study your current one and then google your "java" related questions so you can get accurate information through stackoverflow and other forums that actually have answers for almost everything you're going to need.

Ok i get it i must edit 

2 minutes ago, BAN_L2JDev said:

Server.proprierts

# Define how many players are allowed to play simultaneously on your server.
MaximumOnlineUsers = 1000

#                            Threadpool

# Determines the amount of scheduled thread pools. If set to -1, the server will decide the amount depending on the available processors.
ScheduledThreadPoolCount = -1

# Specifies how many threads will be in a single scheduled pool.
ThreadsPerScheduledThreadPool = 750

# Determines the amount of instant thread pools. If set to -1, the server will decide the amount depending on the available processors.
InstantThreadPoolCount = -1

# Specifies how many threads will be in a single instant pool.
ThreadsPerInstantThreadPool = 8

LoguinServer

Can you make your question clearer now?

How about gameserver.bat and login server.bat 

I just wanna be sure im not missing something

2 minutes ago, &#x60;Son said:

What should actually worry you if you expect a high amount of players (by high talking about 1k+ real players, is if your project's code can handle such load (this is a typical issue by using good/bad base projects). 

About launch configs study your current one and then google your "java" related questions so you can get accurate information through stackoverflow and other forums that actually have answers for almost everything you're going to need.

Yes sir i know, last time we got 500 ppl but we were with 4 gb ram and we got issue. So i wanna make sure everything is cool

Hi, i will be GM and i help him so mysql needs to be edited also.

But what should be values in gameserver.bat

[code]REM Default parameters for a basic server.
java -version:1.7 -Djava.util.logging.manager=com.l2jserver.util.L2LogManager -Xms1024m -Xmx1024m -cp ./../libs/*;l2jserver.jar com.l2jserver.gameserver.GameServer
REM
REM If you have a big server and lots of memory, you could experiment for example with
REM java -server -Xmx1536m -Xms1024m -Xmn512m -XX:PermSize=256m [/code]

15 minutes ago, BAN_L2JDev said:

java -server -Xmx1536m -Xms1024m -Xmn512m

bro can you tell me how this would behave

I will test tomorrow but i think i need to give more GB to server

On 5/22/2022 at 7:34 PM, BAN_L2JDev said:

java -server -Xmx1536m -Xms1024m -Xmn512m

bro can you tell me how this would behave

I use this:

java -version:1.7 -server -Xmx12048m -Xms12048m -Xmn2048m -XX:PermSize=256m -XX:SurvivorRatio=8 -Xnoclassgc -XX:+AggressiveOpts -cp ./../libs/*;l2jserver.jar com.l2jserver.gameserver.GameServer

is this ok?

On 5/26/2022 at 3:11 AM, Chasing said:

I use this:

java -version:1.7 -server -Xmx12048m -Xms12048m -Xmn2048m -XX:PermSize=256m -XX:SurvivorRatio=8 -Xnoclassgc -XX:+AggressiveOpts -cp ./../libs/*;l2jserver.jar com.l2jserver.gameserver.GameServer

is this ok?

Xmx sets the maximum allocated memory for your JVM

Xms sets the starting one

Xmn sets both

I don't know how this would end up but you can either remove xmn or both xms and xmx