How to add texture? L2

VegaBoy

I created a model of my own weapon in 3ds max, I would like to use it on my server, the model is all ready, but in the part of adding a texture to it I can't. can anybody help me?

P.S.: I've already tried to export the object with the mapped texture, but when I try to use it within the game it is all bugged, I tried to use UEEdit to map and texture through it and it doesn't work either, it's all bugged too. Could someone give me a light?

24 minutes ago, VegaBoy said:

I created a model of my own weapon in 3ds max, I would like to use it on my server, the model is all ready, but in the part of adding a texture to it I can't. can anybody help me?

P.S.: I've already tried to export the object with the mapped texture, but when I try to use it within the game it is all bugged, I tried to use UEEdit to map and texture through it and it doesn't work either, it's all bugged too. Could someone give me a light?

Some guides. + check MXC, we have so many guides about it.

Just now, NevesOma said:

Some guides. + check MXC, we have so many guides about it.

Thank you NevesOma! I'll test them and see which one works best. Anything I'll post here!

Thanks again!

P.S.: I didn't find these tutorials because I'm BR and I didn't know what to write to research about!

7 minutes ago, VegaBoy said:

Thank you NevesOma! I'll test them and see which one works best. Anything I'll post here!

Thanks again!

P.S.: I didn't find these tutorials because I'm BR and I didn't know what to write to research about!

No problem, try and let us know.

15 minutes ago, VegaBoy said:

I did according to the videos, but even so the texture does not apply to the weapon! 😞

What could I do?

M59O3T.png

ZQxHAL.png

Rework an existing texture , Try to understand how they are so u can copy them 

Just now, GsL said:

Rework an existing texture , Try to understand how they are so u can copy them 

The texture of this weapon I'm trying to make is the book of "Priest of Dawn" that npc from seven signs. But if I apply the original texture to it, it's all blurry, all bugged.

1 hour ago, VegaBoy said:

I did according to the videos, but even so the texture does not apply to the weapon! 😞

What could I do?

M59O3T.png

ZQxHAL.png

well if not fit is because you wrong lines in weapongrp, empty texture or setted wrong UVMAP in 3DMax, you set Material ID in 3ds Max after exported?

55 minutes ago, VegaBoy said:

The texture of this weapon I'm trying to make is the book of "Priest of Dawn" that npc from seven signs. But if I apply the original texture to it, it's all blurry, all bugged.

this happen when UVMAP in 3Ds Max is not fit well.

Edited by CriticalError

Just now, CriticalError said:

well if not fit is because you wrong lines in weapongrp, empty texture or setted wrong UVMAP in 3DMax, you set Material ID in 3ds Max after exported?

Honestly I don't know where I'm going wrong. I just created the mold, when I use UNWRAP and use the default texture from lineage 2, in the mold it fits perfectly, but when I export the object and use it in l2 the texture is completely blurred.

I will send a print of how it looks

8mAtYE.png

e83stn.png

For you who are professionals in modeling and editing the Lineage 2 client, it should be quite easy to solve the problem in question, but as I'm a noob, I don't even know where I'm going wrong to be honest.

6 hours ago, VegaBoy said:

Honestly I don't know where I'm going wrong. I just created the mold, when I use UNWRAP and use the default texture from lineage 2, in the mold it fits perfectly, but when I export the object and use it in l2 the texture is completely blurred.

I will send a print of how it looks

8mAtYE.png

e83stn.png

For you who are professionals in modeling and editing the Lineage 2 client, it should be quite easy to solve the problem in question, but as I'm a noob, I don't even know where I'm going wrong to be honest.

1) save model in .3ds format.

2) open saved 3ds and save in .obj.

3) convert obj to ukx.

Enjoy.

22 minutes ago, NevesOma said:

1) save model in .3ds format.

2) open saved 3ds and save in .obj.

3) convert obj to ukx.

Enjoy.

I already did that, and the result is not good!

6 hours ago, CriticalError said:

upload the proper model and texture and we would see what happen.

When I get back from work, I'll upload the model, the weapongrp line and the texture so you can check what I'm doing wrong!

I already did that, and the result is not good!

When I get back from work, I'll upload the model, the weapongrp line and the texture so you can check what I'm doing wrong!

If you pack meshes with OAUKX then do for first my 1, 2, 3 steps.

1 hour ago, NevesOma said:

If you pack meshes with OAUKX then do for first my 1, 2, 3 steps.

in 3 hours I'll be back from work, I'll upload the .3ds model, the weapongrp line and the texture. If you have the time and want to see where I'm going wrong, I'd be very grateful!

in 3 hours I'll be back from work, I'll upload the .3ds model, the weapongrp line and the texture. If you have the time and want to see where I'm going wrong, I'd be very grateful!

Please, before you send us - take my advice and try it yourself. What to see in your model? Bad exported / saved model? How we will understand whats the problem with model? We will see broken UV of model and it's all? Mesh don't have .log files to see what you've do wrong.

+ provide more information in what format  you save the model ( obj or psk ).

Edited by NevesOma