UE2004 for Split9 textures (No problem with RGBA8RawData)

Rolo

1 hour ago, 911reg said:

just curious, is there any difference between the editor you shared and this one?

Ofc! I said it in the title and attached screenshots - Split9 support. )) 

My contribution is only engine.u, the rest of the "base" is taken just from the editor at your link. 

11 hours ago, Rolo said:

This function ( split9 ) is also available in the lordofdest version.

There is no sense in this if a person does not know how to work with it. Thx for this share for people, but in my opinion if you do something then give a mini-guide for this, this will eliminate a lot of questions.

Quick information ( this can be presented in even more detail ) :

[1] center is not stretched by this strip, left edge of the center is set from which it is pulled.

Split9X1 - Left-Center edge along the X axis [1]

Split9X2 - Left-Center edge along the X axis [1]

Split9X3 - X axis ( end of texture )

Split9Y1 - Left-Center edge along the Y axis [1]

Split9Y2 - Left-Center edge along the Y axis [1]

Split9Y3 - Y axis ( end of texture )

If  it's stretches only along the X axis there are 3 identical stripes along the Y axis on the markup which indicate the size along the Y axis. If needs to pull along Y it works like X vertically.

Edited by NevesOma
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, Rolo said:

Ofc! I said it in the title and attached screenshots - Split9 support. )) 

My contribution is only engine.u, the rest of the "base" is taken just from the editor at your link. 

I see, still a nice share, thanks

since i saw this popup i just assumed it was the same 😛
unknown.png

small addition in case anyone is wondering what this is for: you'll be able to re-build stuff on L2UI_CT1/L2UI_CH3/L2UI/L2Font and more interface-related stuff without having to suffer through L2Tool to replace each single texture one by one, here's an example on how it works:
unknown.png
This is how this texture looks with Split9 properties off:
unknown.png

And this is how it looks with the proper values:
unknown.png

unknown.png

Can also be used to add new HTML Decos on NPC HTMLs
Clan01.png

Edited by 911reg
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

NevesOma, Yes, this feature is in the lordfest editor, but after saving it, you will get thousands of warnings like: 
Warning: Property RGBA8RawData of Class Engine.Texture not found

No such problems in this one.

3 hours ago, Rolo said:

NevesOma, Yes, this feature is in the lordfest editor

No such problems in this one.

Yes, this is a fairly well-known issue, it is very good that you have shared the update with  users, thx, It will be useful for them.

• Rolo changed the title to UE2004 for Split9 textures (No problem with RGBA8RawData)
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/16/2021 at 12:48 AM, NevesOma said:

This function ( split9 ) is also available in the lordofdest version.

There is no sense in this if a person does not know how to work with it. Thx for this share for people, but in my opinion if you do something then give a mini-guide for this, this will eliminate a lot of questions.

Quick information ( this can be presented in even more detail ) :

[1] center is not stretched by this strip, left edge of the center is set from which it is pulled.

Split9X1 - Left-Center edge along the X axis [1]

Split9X2 - Left-Center edge along the X axis [1]

Split9X3 - X axis ( end of texture )

Split9Y1 - Left-Center edge along the Y axis [1]

Split9Y2 - Left-Center edge along the Y axis [1]

Split9Y3 - Y axis ( end of texture )

If  it's stretches only along the X axis there are 3 identical stripes along the Y axis on the markup which indicate the size along the Y axis. If needs to pull along Y it works like X vertically.

i opened few originals textures to try to understand exactly, but i do not get it

If for exemple we have a 128x128 texture  and i have a window the size of 256 , x1, x2, x3, y1, y2, y3 is what exactly?   i should use x1 x2 x3 256 , y1 y2 ye 256 because i want it always to resize full screen ?

On 1/8/2022 at 4:51 AM, darta said:

btw could you add ShaderCode option also?

a385fca95311da7eac628d75ebbca2b9.png

i think you can add it inside the Material class, in Actor Classes > Object > Material, can't really remember how but i did it some time ago, you need to add this to that class:
var() transient string ShaderCode;

and that should work

• Like 1

Hello sorry somebody have same problem as me for creating shader into this editor? I can't do it because got criticalerror

13 minutes ago, CriticalError said:

Hello sorry somebody have same problem as me for creating shader into this editor? I can't do it because got criticalerror

unknown.png

i don't seem to have any problem with it, maybe just duplicate an existing shader?

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
2 hours ago, w001122 said:

Hello, the link is invalid. Can you share it again?

try this one instead, i cleaned it off a bit so it's really lite, just make sure to put it in your client's root folder, otherwise some texture dependencies might get fucked up. Plus you can directly open the client's utx files without having to decrypt them
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jTiNqL6R-Bq5ISJUNG-sMIzcO5YN_5d2/view?usp=sharing