Its possible to add at OVH my own windows licence ?

GsL

No, its not as they offer their own license system with payment. But always the price is x2 if we talking about vps. The best thing is to go for one of linux distros. setup is not so hard. You can find a lot of guides on how to install l2j. 

1 hour ago, Seamless said:

No, its not as they offer their own license system with payment. But always the price is x2 if we talking about vps. The best thing is to go for one of linux distros. setup is not so hard. You can find a lot of guides on how to install l2j. 

It's possible to add windows like view etc on Linux? 

1 hour ago, GsL said:

All you need is a couple of commands in order to setup java/mysql which you can easily find on google. Then 5 commands in order to run server. If you want to transfer data filezilla is the way to go.

1 hour ago, GsL said:

I have no idea if its possible to boot windows on some sort of virtual machine in linux . But even if its possible it will require a lot of resources + your l2 server. So you will still pay extra for hardware. As i told you. Just buy a cheap vps and start experiement with command lines in linux. Its pretty easy if you get used to it. Full process is around 20 commands in terminal.

And google is your best friend. You can find literally anything. 

Edited by Seamless

1 hour ago, Seamless said:

Just buy a cheap vps and start experiement with command lines in linux. Its pretty easy if you get used to it.

He can just download VirtualBox

34 minutes ago, Zake said:

He can just download VirtualBox

Yeah ofc, but sometimes if you are not experienced enough you can get stuck when you move to server services.  Many of those dont use root user by default. So spending 5 euro and start pactising in  a test environment can help. Anyway that did it for me at least. 

Edited by Seamless

34 minutes ago, GsL said:

I mean on vps with Linux if I add virtual box I will lose a lot of power of machine?

As i told you i have no idea if you can add virtual machine in linux and run windows OS. 

Yes you can 

https://www.tomshardware.com/how-to/run-windows-11-and-mac-os-virtual-machines-in-linux

But you need minimum 8 gigs of ram. Which in l2 server case you will need 16 for sure. SO yeah its going to cost you a lot

Edited by Seamless
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Seamless said:

As i told you i have no idea if you can add virtual machine in linux and run windows OS. 

Yes you can 

https://www.tomshardware.com/how-to/run-windows-11-and-mac-os-virtual-machines-in-linux

But you need minimum 8 gigs of ram. Which in l2 server case you will need 16 for sure. SO yeah its going to cost you a lot

Looking great , there different Linux versions lol

Which I should choose ? 

I m asking to much xd

21 minutes ago, GsL said:

Looking great , there different Linux versions lol

Which I should choose ? 

I m asking to much xd

Read the article carefully please 

• A computer running Ubuntu 20.04 or better

47 minutes ago, Seamless said:

Read the article carefully please 

• A computer running Ubuntu 20.04 or better