Pinpointing animated static Meshes

YulRun

Trying to find out how to get reference to the animated static meshes to remove them.

I've used L2SMR to identify deco objects and remove them from the map, but if they also had an animation attached, they still linger in game.

Example in picture is the Kamael Guild Platforms

kamaelGuild.jpg

try this
1- use L2Editor to open the .unr you wanna edit

once you've opened the map you wanna edit, locate the emitter, staticmesh or whatever it is you wanna move and right-click it, then go to properties, then go to object:
1.jpg

in Object>Name you'll see that it says, for example, StaticMeshActor721

at this point you can close l2editor, then open L2PE
https://github.com/acmi/L2pe

then again, open the map you wanna edit with L2PE, and search for the actor you located using L2Editor

unknown.png

select it, go to Movement, then Location, and there you can just move it underground 

unknown.png

didnt go into much detail cuz both l2editor and l2pe are kinda intuitive, i've tried this method before and it worked just fine when trying to move emitters around the map, either way if this doesn't work just send me a DM and i'll try to give you a hand

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, YulRun said:

Trying to find out how to get reference to the animated static meshes to remove them.

I've used L2SMR to identify deco objects and remove them from the map, but if they also had an animation attached, they still linger in game.

Example in picture is the Kamael Guild Platforms

kamaelGuild.jpg

it's emitter effect not staticmesh

• Upvote 1

Thanks,

Managed to remove some from around Orc Village, but doesn't seem to want to let me load up 24_18 for aden to figure out what the emitter number is, tells me I have an index out of bounds for statues_t for some reason..

welp, i'll take a look around and see if i can do something about it

Edit: can't manage to open GC/GOD/H5/GF/Interlude 24_18.unr with l2editor, each time i try i get a different error for each map. I guess the last resource would be to cover the emitter with a tree or something, 😕

Edited by 911reg

25 minutes ago, 911reg said:

welp, i'll take a look around and see if i can do something about it

Edit: can't manage to open GC/GOD/H5/GF/Interlude 24_18.unr with l2editor, each time i try i get a different error for each map. I guess the last resource would be to cover the emitter with a tree or something, 😕

All good after editing a few lower maps I figured out the labelled all Emitters the same for the same objects, so that helps.

For the Kamael Training Pad the emitter to remove is Emitter181 same id for every zone.

for the weird swirly thing outside of town gates it's

Light232 and Emitter's 1,2,8,9

• Upvote 1

• YulRun locked this topic