How to know chronicle or version from encrypted DAT file?

hello 👋

I am trying to learn about how to change stuff in the l2 client after long time without playing but i could not find a guide or something like that for what I am trying to achieve. I am looking to add icons over useful skill like in the patch video but since in not playing in Scryde it doesn't work out of the box.

Right now, im trying to to decrypt this textures files and the `skillgrp.dat` from this patch of Scryde in order to encrypt it with the version of the server that im playing, even tho I tried to decrypt it with L2FileEditor and tried with every chronicle + version, I couldn't make it work. Is this a good approach  or I am missing something?

How I can know which chronicle/version is encrypted that files? 

Also, when I try to decrypt the file `LineageEffectsTextures.utx` with L2Decrypt and generate the `LineageEffectsTextures.clear.utx` im getting a critical error whenever i load it into `UnrealEngine2Runtime`....

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, splicho said:

I think Scryde files are crypted and unfortunately impossible to decrypt unless you have the original program for it which originally encrypted the files.

This method is commonly used to prevent other people steal their work.

@Celestine correct me if I am wrong.

scryde files are not encrypted with smartcrypt but with different soft.

• Upvote 1

oh well, if it is not available the soft do it, there is any free available files  to do it? If neither, can someone explain I can add new icon to the `LineageEffectsTextures.utx` with unreal? I am trying to duplicate a texture and put another icon but is asking Package, group and name but im not sure what to put there... or even how to change the icon

https://imgur.com/a/sd1gCvu

Edited by Nymphadora

1) Download L2Editor by lordofdest: 

2) Open any retail package you want like LineageEffectsTextures.utx you mentioned (remember that custom servers might have their files encrypted with various software like smartcrypt, so if you can't open them it's normal because you have to decrypt first.)

3) After you open find the texture you wish to change and just upload your new texture by giving it same name, package and group with old one.
4) Save it and encrypt using mxencdec tool.

5) Done.

Package = the name of the package (in your case LineageEffectsTexture is the name)
Group = is just for organization and have no impact in game. However if you're editing a retail texture, be sure to use its group name when you import your new texture.

Name = is the name of your texture which is used by the item, html etc. you're editing.

Note: Take a look at some guides like this: 

they will help you starting.

Edited by Frank
  • Like 1

Hey @Frank, I already added my new textures, it was quite easy.

My problem is now referencing them in the skillgrp.dat in order to appear. I was following the convention for the textures like it was before, a new v_21 and v_22, but then if I reference them in the skillgrp.dat doesn´t work. 

As in the previous textures, as  you can see, their have this naming `br_event_015_02` but where is coming this `br_event_015` ? I don't see this name anywhere from the texture package, see image here. (I added prahnah and symbol of noise)

Do I am missing something?¿

Edited by Nymphadora

• 2 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, Zazza said:

@Celestine Hi! 

Could you please elaborate on what kind of software they are using? If possible of course. I would like to know more about encryption!

it's private encryption method they are using so i have no clue 🙂