Where are the TexEnvMap classes stored?

Orphexile

I have successfully converted most of the C6 textures to work with a C1 client, but what I am missing is a lot of TexEnvMap classes.

For example, a Shader will have them defined as such:

Diffuse = Texture'LowBody.MShaman_m002_t59_l_ori'
NormalMap = None
Opacity = Texture'LowBody.MShaman_m002_t59_l_ori'
Specular = TexEnvMap'LowBody.TexEnvMap1'
SpecularityMask = Texture'LowBody.MShaman_m002_t59_l_sp'
SelfIllumination = None
SelfIlluminationMask = None
Detail = None
DetailScale = 8
OutputBlending = OB_Normal (0)
TwoSided = true
Wireframe = false

But I can not find any reference to it anywhere. If I export them using the Gildor's exporter, it will generate some files, but they are either empty or encrypted. Am I even supposed to use TexEnvMap  for D-A grade armors? I also looked in cubemaps and goldcubes.

Also off topic question, some armors, like Majestic Plate will have OutputBlending set to OB_Normal (0) in the exported settings, but will only work correctly once you either set a Final Blend or set it to OB_Masked. I also noticed that Doom Plate pants will have twosided set to false, but C6 client still displays them correctly, while C1 doesn't. Can anyone offer some explanation? 

as you answered yourself, many armor, weapons, accessories do not have mapping and use textures added either sp2 or finalblend.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CriticalError said:

as you answered yourself, many armor, weapons, accessories do not have mapping and use textures added either sp2 or finalblend.

So is the "Specular = TexEnvMap'LowBody.TexEnvMap1'" basically just a placeholder? I'm trying to guess the reasoning for its inclusion?

I guess it is kind of like how the Tallum/Majestic, etc. plate have included the whole "dream catcher" mesh, but the devs never bothered to include a texture?

unknown.png

One last thing if you can. Do you know what's the difference between using a Shader with OB_Masked or Final Blend with FB_AlphaBlend? I'm guessing that FB_AlphaBlend is more resource heavy, but that hardly matters in 2020? I can for example achieve the same visual result, at least as far as I can tell, with either, but OB_Masked seems a lot easier to set.

Edited by Orphexile

12 hours ago, Orphexile said:

So is the "Specular = TexEnvMap'LowBody.TexEnvMap1'" basically just a placeholder? I'm trying to guess the reasoning for its inclusion?

I guess it is kind of like how the Tallum/Majestic, etc. plate have included the whole "dream catcher" mesh, but the devs never bothered to include a texture?

unknown.png

One last thing if you can. Do you know what's the difference between using a Shader with OB_Masked or Final Blend with FB_AlphaBlend? I'm guessing that FB_AlphaBlend is more resource heavy, but that hardly matters in 2020? I can for example achieve the same visual result, at least as far as I can tell, with either, but OB_Masked seems a lot easier to set.

it could be called something like that

well as far remember the result is same but you can play with effect of ilumination in the map, maybe wrong but remember like that.

Edited by CriticalError

1 hour ago, CriticalError said:

it could be called something like that

well as far remember the result is same but you can play with effect of ilumination in the map, maybe wrong but remember like that.

Do you know where _bh (back head) animations/textures are defined? It's not under chargrp. Hairgrp perhaps, but it's encrypted in some weird format? 

Edited by Orphexile

In the same package MShaman.utx

And you have something like this:

EnvMapType = EM_CameraSpace (1)
    TexCoordSource = TCS_CameraEnvMapCoords (11)
    TexCoordCount = TCN_3DCoords (1)
    TexCoordProjected = false
    Material = Texture'Shine.Shine0' <---- CUBEMAPS.UTX
    FallbackMaterial = None
    DefaultMaterial = None
    SurfaceType = 0
    bUseTextureAsHeat = false
    HeatMaterial = None
with L2PE you can see

21 hours ago, Orphexile said:

https://docs.unrealengine.com/udk/Two/MaterialTutorial.html

1 hour ago, SGER@fjs said:

In the same package MShaman.utx

I was asking, because this is what gets extracted when I run the UModel tool from Gildor:
Untitled.jpg

If I use Gildor's Extractor tool, then the list is much larger, but the files seem to be encoded:
Untitled.jpg

13 hours ago, Orphexile said:

I was asking, because this is what gets extracted when I run the UModel tool from Gildor:
Untitled.jpg

If I use Gildor's Extractor tool, then the list is much larger, but the files seem to be encoded:
Untitled.jpg

TexEnvMap is a modifier, not texture.

with umodol only can export the properties

https://docs.unrealengine.com/udk/Two/MaterialsModifiers.html

Yeah, the thing is that it doesn't, not all of them anyway. I can export about 8 of of the 60+ TexEnvMap modifier properties, so everything in between is just guessing which Specular Texture to match. I talked to GIldor about it and he confirmed it, here is his reply: "Ok, then I understood things right, as I mentioned in previous message - there's no link between cubemap and its 6 textures. Probably because UE3 and UE4 has perfect matching - there will be a folder with cubemap's name, and it will contain those 6 textures. It seems this doesn't work for UE2, and I can't do anything to fix at ATM."

Edited by Orphexile

read specular and specularitymask https://docs.unrealengine.com/udk/Two/MaterialsShaders.html#Specular

Specular

With this, you can blend an EnvironmentMap on the Shader: set a TexEnvMap texture in Specular and the Shader will look shiny.

You can also add a SpecularityMask, this is a texture with an alphachannel, or a masked texture, that tells how shiny the Shader has to be in each pixel. The black parts of the alphachannel leave it mat, and the white parts become the shiniest. Of course, the SpecularityMask doesn't do anything if you didn't set a TexEnvMap in Specular.

This is a Shader with Specularity on it, and the SpecularityMask is a white alphachannel with a black circle in it:

specular.jpg

SpecularityMask

This Material is used in conjunction with the texture assigned to the Specular field. The SpecularityMask uses the alpha channel of whatever texture or Material that is assigned to it and uses it as a mask for the Specular field.

@SGER@fjsIn my specific problem, I am trying to port the C6 textures into a C1 client and keep them as authentic as I possibly can, so knowing which of the textures included in the Cubemap textures to include is "vital". 

I have a feeling that we are not on the same page.

1. MShaman gets exported into 338 .tga textures (C6)

2. The MShaman\TexEnvMap only incudes 4 TexEnvMap properties, for .tga Specular textures that are included in the MShaman package, so:

- t_ma.tga
-t_maj.tga

-t_wedd.tga

3. For every other .tga texture, you only get a Shader property in MShaman\Shader with a, for example: "Specular = TexEnvMap'UpBody.TexEnvMap56'" declaration, but no TexEnvMap56 file in the  MShaman\TexEnvMap folder (Because Gildor's tool can't generate TexEnvMap properties for textures outside the package - Cubemaps.utx)

Is the "trick" to always include the "Shine0" one when setting a Specular, because I have a metric tonne of Specular textures? But then again, I can't imagine an item like Demon's Robe having the same Specular texture as Doom Plate, because one is a robe and the other is plate?

Untitled.png

Edited by Orphexile

2 minutes ago, Orphexile said:

@SGER@fjsIn my specific problem, I am trying to port the C6 textures into a C1 client and keep them as authentic as I possibly can, so knowing which of the textures included in the Cubemap textures to include is "vital". 

Is the "trick" to always include the "Shine0" one when setting a Specular, because I have a metric tonne of Specular textures?

Untitled.png

no, that will depend on the texture you want to add the specular

In the case of "MShaman_m002_t59_l_ori" you have "Specular = TexEnvMap'LowBody.TexEnvMap1 '", then when you export with the umodel you must look specifically for "TexEnvMap1" which would be the file TexEnvMap1.props.txt, and inside this it will tell you corresponding texture to use.

In short it would be:

http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/0eb8/61rnsiahvd6yhcszg.jpg

In the case of the draconic:

http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/efc7/p4lzb51aw2bfx0xzg.jpg

Sorry, could you double check this file, I want to confirm that I'm not crazy and C6 doesn't include most of the TexEnv%%props.txt files.

This is what gets exported for me using umodel: Untitled.jpg

MShaman.utx from a fresh install (C6): https://gofile.io/d/qu20bz

Worse case scenario, I'll just pull textures out of Gracia Final, or a later chronicle.

Edited by Orphexile

I recommend that you use the umodel in the same game folder and export, like this:

AWU5oFL.jpg

Otherwise you will have the problem you mention, since the umodel cannot find the reference of the textures, then it will not export the information.

• Like 1