Crappy quests folder is now ended !

Tryskell

I would like to thank everyone who helped on the scripts folder. That adventure begun in changeset 126, on June 24th 2011. Many helpers are now gone - some of them since few years already - but their dedication wasn't vain.

A lot of work has been done to migrate quests to Java, and we were one of the first fork to initiate the movement (unfortunately, not the first to end it).

After 9 years, the quest folder is ended, ending this milestone. :)

AIs will be the next, and their functionalities will be improved with the addition of the SpawnManager !

54 minutes ago, xdem said:

good job, but Java is not a scripting language

As a class named "Monster" isn't a monster. But ty for your participation !

3 minutes ago, Tryskell said:

As a class named "Monster" isn't a monster. But ty for your participation !

Your example is out of context, and also looks bad. Do you have any plans of moving to a different chronicle? The answer is No so perhaps you don't need any kind of scripting since quests are static with your Interlude implementation (thus should be compiled in the source code)

Edited by xdem

5 minutes ago, xdem said:

Your example is out of context, and also looks bad. Do you have any plans of moving to a different chronicle? The answer is No so perhaps you don't need any kind of scripting since quests are static with your Interlude implementation (thus should be compiled in the source code)

My exemple is perfectly fine, and you are actually out of context - I was talking about a "script" folder, and you come and speak about Java being not a script langage. So my Monster being not a monster exemple is perfectly ok.

I won't continue on that way, I know you like to troll :).

Edited by Tryskell

9 hours ago, Tryskell said:

My exemple is perfectly fine, and you are actually out of context - I was talking about a "script" folder, and you come and speak about Java being not a script langage. So my Monster being not a monster exemple is perfectly ok.

I won't continue on that way, I know you like to troll :).

Trust me the last person in the forum I would approach with a trolling attitude is you, even if I am not a contributor to acis due to the fact that I don't like retail, my server files are aCis 180 upgraded to H5 client (wouldn't dump them even for a chronicle upgrade) so in a sense I owe a solid amount of resect to your name and project.

And indeed good job for your work and it is much appreciated, although its another fact that Java is not a scripting language and should not be used as such, in aCis you don't need it since there are no plans for chronicle upgrade and quests will remain as is.