java sources not connected to game

Metab

Question

Hello,

I have a problem will make me loose my mind.

I have l2sunrise h5 licenced server. after compiled sources by eclipse, as per guide, I only extract (L2SR_DataPack & L2SR_Server) together in one file that I control the server from. see photo

when I faced problem of editing Community Board, many people advised me to edit (..java\l2r\gameserver\communitybbs\Managers\ClanBBSManager.java) 

But I didn't find java file in that file. Please check 3 photos in link.

Files (L2J_SunriseProject_Core_Clean) and (L2J_SunriseProject_Data_Clean) have the java file I'm looking for with (..java\l2r\gameserver\communitybbs\Managers\ClanBBSManager.java) . see photo

So, how can I control the Core & Data files that have java files?.. see  photo

core.png

java build.png

java core.png

Edited by Metab

14 answers to this question

5 hours ago, Loftheim said:

Brooo first learn to post in the correct section lmao

Sorry my mistake,  I didn't find help section.. but after checking again,  I found Request Support that I thought before it was for developers..

Should I make new topic ? or forum admin will transfer it?

5 hours ago, Metab said:

Sorry my mistake,  I didn't find help section.. but after checking again,  I found Request Support that I thought before it was for developers..

Should I make new topic ? or forum admin will transfer it?

Moved

On 6/30/2020 at 11:13 PM, Metab said:

Hello,

I have a problem will make me loose my mind.

I have l2sunrise h5 licenced server. after compiled sources by eclipse, as per guide, I only extract (L2SR_DataPack & L2SR_Server) together in one file that I control the server from. see photo

when I faced problem of editing Community Board, many people advised me to edit (..java\l2r\gameserver\communitybbs\Managers\ClanBBSManager.java) 

But I didn't find java file in that file. Please check 3 photos in link.

Files (L2J_SunriseProject_Core_Clean) and (L2J_SunriseProject_Data_Clean) have the java file I'm looking for with (..java\l2r\gameserver\communitybbs\Managers\ClanBBSManager.java) . see photo

So, how can I control the Core & Data files that have java files?.. see  photo

core.png

java build.png

java core.png

any help please.

how these Files (L2J_SunriseProject_Core_Clean) and (L2J_SunriseProject_Data_Clean) related to server files?

create a new folder like C:/L2Server, copy the build folders both core_clean/build and data_clean/build and paste them into your new folder. Now your merged folder should run gameserver/login properly

6 hours ago, Zake said:

create a new folder like C:/L2Server, copy the build folders both core_clean/build and data_clean/build and paste them into your new folder. Now your merged folder should run gameserver/login properly

ok, I made this new folder and merged and run the server.

after that.. what about if I want to edit using eclipse.. how to save file into this new folder?

please explain

20 minutes ago, Zake said:

you just edit a java file through eclipse, rebuild and replace the proper files (usually only jar files)

please be patient with me.

I edited ..java\gr\sr\javaBuffer\buffCommunity\dynamicHtmls\GenerateHtmls.java

I rebuild (right click on core\build.xml and run as 1 Ant Build) then .. 

what is the proper files to copy from eclipse destination and replace it with what in the gameserver folder ?

you don't have to edit htm files through eclipse(even though you can but it's so boring, because you have to build it again). Just download notepad++ (or just use any simple editor) and edit them directly from server side (c:/l2server/data/html/blabla) and ingame type //reload htm command.

Edited by Zake

38 minutes ago, Zake said:

you don't have to edit htm files through eclipse(even though you can but it's so boring, because you have to build it again). Just download notepad++ (or just use any simple editor) and edit them directly from server side (c:/l2server/data/html/blabla) and ingame type //reload htm command.

this is what I'm doing for l2server files.. but I'm asking about java

for example: ..l2r\gameserver\communitybbs\BoardsManager.java  how do I replace it into l2server files?

17 minutes ago, Zake said:

if you are not familiar with the copy/paste function you should probably read windows 98 tutorials.

really..?

you are not answering my question and going around it.. 

I ask you about specific issue bit you're answering another one.

I asked about java and you telling me to edit l2server files ?

just tell me you don't know

please see this video of my l2server files, I think there is missing files :

https://gofile.io/d/ua0yNz

27 minutes ago, Metab said:

really..?

you are not answering my question and going around it.. 

I ask you about specific issue bit you're answering another one.

I asked about java and you telling me to edit l2server files ?

just tell me you don't know

When you run as ant build, you build executable jar files into your build folder. You have to replace them in your libs folder (it has a different destination in most packs) and after you restart your server the changed are applied. Although, there are some scripts like the one you 're mentioning in the first post that need to be replaced in the scripts folder in some forks, which is usually located in gameserver/data/scripts

8 minutes ago, Zake said:

When you run as ant build, you build executable jar files into your build folder. You have to replace them in your libs folder (it has a different destination in most packs) and after you restart your server the changed are applied. Although, there are some scripts like the one you 're mentioning in the first post that need to be replaced in the scripts folder in some forks, which is usually located in gameserver/data/scripts

thank you very much.. most respect to you

please see this video and advice:

solved

thank you 

3 hours ago, Metab said:

thank you very much.. most respect to you

please see this video and advice:

solved .. thank you