HELP TO MAKE A WEBSITE WITH PHP TEMPLATES

You just have to upload them on a hosting or you can use any apache software like xampp for example to run it local if you just want to check the site.

You could create a virtual host, or simply place your project in the htdocs folder of the xamp directory, enable your exit port on your firewall and router, generally 80 for http, configure your httpd.conf to allow access to your public directory, that is if you are going to administer your own web server, if you rent a web space on any page, it is only a matter of uploading your files to the public folder

to which you have access through a web interface or some ftp client

Edited by TGSLineage2

if you want I can hook you up with some really cheap hostings https://hostchefs.eu/ and thegigahost.com

ON your question now is very generic you dont give details so here is a "classic" generic but full answer.

You want the localhost as free solution you have to learn a lamp (xampp or wamp) and for newbies I recommend wamp.

now on learning how to open port in your firewall, router

how to config your lamp and use it and maintenance of all this you can run into tutorials, but ...

hosting for tests in your computer I understand... using it for real not recommended reasons

• no protection
  • bad configuration
  • computer downtimes (PC shutdown)
  • it will be a hell for you to setup a domain name
  • it will be even worse if you want to add SSL

some of this reasons can lead to hacking everything even your personal data.

After googling the steps or youtube tutorials, you will finally make your website running

You need to know if you need:

old/new => mysql/pdo connection that bring us to:

that leads to multiple issues if you have old website MySQL is deprecated in new versions of PHP inside wamp/xampp

if the database is needed to contain the database table structure/data of an l2 server

I recommend you to post your config.php (without personal data such as passwords)  and the file on PHP that handles the database connections so you can get a more specific answer.

PS all this issues in hosting can be avoided with few clicks by selecting a PHP version.

PS hosting can be a good and secured choise

PS your website should be using atleast PDO's (google what it is and how it stops SQL Injections and what are those) so you can only then say "worth to mess with it"

On 4/15/2020 at 4:10 AM, lolokop said:

Hey guys can anyone help me to create a website online ?

I have some php files for l2 and everything but i dont know from where i have to start and to make it online

Since you've got the files ready, you will need the host and the domain name. We can surely help you out on that to pick the right ones for your project.

After they have been setup, you will only need to upload the files to the hosting server. It can be done either by a web interface or via FTP (using FileZilla for example). You might need to edit them a bit, so that the scripts can connect successfully to your lineage 2 server.

Should you need more info, don't hesitate to contact us.

On 4/16/2020 at 4:00 AM, Nightw0lf said:

if you want I can hook you up with some really cheap hostings https://hostchefs.eu/

Thanks for that Nightwolf :) We really appreciate it!

• Like 2