htmllength limitations

SkyLord

Question

There is some function on address 0x007d5d40  that seems to be ued for sending packets. It looks like its limited to about 8k bytes. Is there some way to overcome the limit, or use another function on different address? we use it to send html for the board.

typedef void (*f)(CSocket*, const char*, va_list va);

va_list va;
    va_start(va, format);
    f(0x7D5D40)(this, format, va);
    va_end(va);

3 answers to this question

Even if you bypass the 8k limit, I doubt its gonna work without problems. Not talking about networking problems since TCP can handle packets 40+k with an upper limit of 65k. 

The game will probably ignore the rest of your bytes while parsing the text

the reason for the limit is it's the size ncsoft uses for their IOBuffer class, for older chronicles its 8kb for newer its 16kb, you can overcome that limit if you change the allocation size in both the server and client to a larger amount but i wouldn't recommend it...

easier way to do it is copy how ncsoft handles large htmls for community board, fragment the html and send it in multiple packets, stick them together in the client and display it once you've received all the fragments

i've done it that way successfully for standard npc html and the client handles the larger buffer fine but there is an upper limit, i'm not 100% sure what that upper limit is as i can't be bothered to check into it but a 100kb html i tried to send once only partially loaded when sent direct to UGameEngine::OnNPCHtmlMessage, but i've had np with files around the 50kb mark

4 hours ago, xxdem said:

Even if you bypass the 8k limit, I doubt its gonna work without problems. Not talking about networking problems since TCP can handle packets 40+k with an upper limit of 65k. 

The game will probably ignore the rest of your bytes while parsing the text

HTML Viewer will be skips randomly the tags and text. I bypassed CB size and got this bug. Client Interlude or HF, not remember.