Tips : Keep your Desktop clean!

Blane

I'm always having problems with my desktop.I have many shortcuts and when I got no time and have something to do I place all my files/shortcuts and stuff in my desktop.I can have my desktop full in some minutes.I found this guide in eHow and I post it here for all the members of MXC forums.I suppose many of you are having the same problems.So here we go:

Difficulty: Easy

Step1

Delete unused shortcut icons. Think of all the shortcuts that you created when installing various programs. Do you really use those applications enough to warrant a shortcut? Probably not. Shortcuts should be reserved for the programs you use the most -- most likely your preferred browser and favorite games!

Step2

Create new folders and label them with categories such as "Office Documents" and "Family Photos" and then move those files into their respective folders. This helps declutter your desktop, and also organizes all your files in the process.

Step3

Use a higher resolution. Bigger screen resolutions gives you more screen real estate, and allows you to work with your files in an easier and more convenient manner. When you use smaller screen resolutions, you can only show so many files on your desktop at once.

Step4

Move any personal photos and documents into your Documents folder. There is generally no reason why you should have personal files on your desktop, especially if you are sharing this computer with someone else. Keep them organized in appropriate folders off the desktop, and leave your screen real estate for the most important applications only.

Step5

When you've forgotten what your wallpaper looks like because of all your icons and you are too lazy to do the steps above, simply right click on the desktop and choose the View option. Then, disable the "Show Desktop Icons" feature, and all your icons will disappear until you turn this option back on!

Hope I helped a bit,

-Blane

It does nothing, as we Greek people tell.

I was having such problems many years now and I am doing what I posted several times so I post this guide here to help other members of having Desktop probz.Also I want to say that when I started using photoshop and being in the world of art I made a very good background, I place it in my desktop and I created a folder with the name "Stock".I place there ALL my work and then I am doing the same tips in this folder XD.

-Blane