Some tips about Official. Class + Server.

Psyancy

Hello everyone.

The last days i wanted to start playing on Official and i wanted to ask some things.

First of all which class you suggest me to start? And why? Have in mind that i will start solo for now but i may bring some friends later but for now i'm on my own.

I prefer Farming classes like spoiler, dread, etc but i haven't played on any client after High Five so i don't really know which class worth to start there.

And secondly which server to choose? Freya or Naia? And why?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Designatix

1 hour ago, AchYlek said:

you need visa card with 7878970890 euros,  for start at offi ;D 

Uchylko is a troll but this this he's right. 

I've never really cared much for P2W tbh - you know like on some tales-oid PvP server where people could buy Vesper sets or something, maybe a bit ++, didn't bother me at all, I'd get it eventually as well by farming. That's why I wasn't afraid of starting the offi this year... But soon you realize the P2W is something you've never experiences before.

While the L2Store doesn't look that bad, once you start playing you find out that everything revolves around cash there. It's not really as P2W as it's literally pay to play, because without buying things on L2Store or buying adena directly from resellers, you make basically zero progress.

NCsoft keeps nerfing farming spots in order to fight the bots, but it got into a point that you'd really have to spend XY hours a day getting a reasonable equip there. It's really pointless when you figure out you can buy a decent equip for under 50$ from adena resellers, as opposed to having farm for several months in those incredibly nerfed farm spots for peasants.

If you want to try a new chronicle, I'd suggest e.g. a Gamecoast - the server has opened about a month ago and even though I don't know details on their shop, it can't be worse than on offi. Or, if you're looking for something 'simply different', then I'd suggest PlayINERA - it's one of the best customized server ever, definitely a high quality.

2 hours ago, AchYlek said:

you need visa card with 7878970890 euros,  for start at offi ;D 

well, yeah this could be a problem but i'm looking to spend some time and having some fun, i don't expect to be  a top player or something there, just spending my time on something worth.

2 hours ago, Herlitz said:

Uchylko is a troll but this this he's right. 

I've never really cared much for P2W tbh - you know like on some tales-oid PvP server where people could buy Vesper sets or something, maybe a bit ++, didn't bother me at all, I'd get it eventually as well by farming. That's why I wasn't afraid of starting the offi this year... But soon you realize the P2W is something you've never experiences before.

While the L2Store doesn't look that bad, once you start playing you find out that everything revolves around cash there. It's not really as P2W as it's literally pay to play, because without buying things on L2Store or buying adena directly from resellers, you make basically zero progress.

NCsoft keeps nerfing farming spots in order to fight the bots, but it got into a point that you'd really have to spend XY hours a day getting a reasonable equip there. It's really pointless when you figure out you can buy a decent equip for under 50$ from adena resellers, as opposed to having farm for several months in those incredibly nerfed farm spots for peasants.

If you want to try a new chronicle, I'd suggest e.g. a Gamecoast - the server has opened about a month ago and even though I don't know details on their shop, it can't be worse than on offi. Or, if you're looking for something 'simply different', then I'd suggest PlayINERA - it's one of the best customized server ever, definitely a high quality.

You're right about that, it's not worth if it's like that and that's why there are not a lot of newcomers on offi i guess, trying to defend bots it's ok but resulting in make it worst for newcomers to get some decent equipment doesn't sound good as well. I will give a try on Gamecoast, thanks for your suggestion. About PlayINERA i saw the server but i don't think i'm ready atm for something so customized as this server, i like their content tho, but i'm off the l2 scene (as player) for more than 3 years.

15 minutes ago, Designatix said:

well, yeah this could be a problem but i'm looking to spend some time and having some fun, i don't expect to be  a top player or something there, just spending my time on something worth.

not even worth, at 99 lvl (2-3weeks if you play every day)  u will be stucked and bb you can leave serber ;D 

Just now, AchYlek said:

not even worth, at 99 lvl (2-3weeks if you play every day)  u will be stucked and bb you can leave serber ;D 

yeah i know, truth is i was looking for a private server but all servers i could found were pvp like x1,5k 1,2k etc and there is no point of playing a client you don't even know on a high rate where you get everything insta.

Just now, Sdw said:

Go classic

I thought about that as well, i may try classic as well

If you look to play solo, you should go for Wynn. I'd say that the elf is the strongest, but some people could argue that darkelf is better. You can check their skills on l2wiki and judge. Human is definitely the worst unless they've changed something in the most recent update, that came out recently. 

An Iss bot could be useful too. Pre-update PP was by far the best option due to PoM, and cd passive (higher BR uptime). However, they've made quite some changes on Isses as I saw. PP/SwS/BD now have stronger Melodies and OL/WC have stronger sonatas. They're also getting specialized harmonies. If I remember correctly, apart from the typical harmonies, PP gets a stronger knight one, sws a stronger mage one and bd a stronger fighter one. You could check the numbers if you wanna make a better decision.

About server. A friend of mine told me that these two servers, Freya and Naia, are kind of the same deal at the moment and they're probably gonna merge. If so, your decision doesn't matter. 

Edited by Fortuna
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Fortuna said:

If you look to play solo, you should go for Wynn. I'd say that the elf is the strongest, but some people could argue that darkelf is better. You can check their skills on l2wiki and judge. Human is definitely the worst unless they've changed something in the most recent update, that came out recently. 

An Iss bot could be useful too. Pre-update PP was by far the best option due to PoM, and cd passive (higher BR uptime). However, they've made quite some changes on Isses as I saw. PP/SwS/BD now have stronger Melodies and OL/WC have stronger sonatas. They're also getting specialized harmonies. If I remember correctly, apart from the typical harmonies, PP gets a stronger knight one, sws a stronger mage one and bd a stronger fighter one. You could check the numbers if you wanna make a better decision.

About server. A friend of mine told me that these two servers, Freya and Naia, are kind of the same deal at the moment and they're probably gonna merge. If so, your decision doesn't matter. 

Thank you very much buddy, i've played on some high rates these days trying to see which class will be better on the end game and will be better for me since i will solo (or at least for now) and from what i've seen i'll agree with you.

About the servers i thought that they are the same i just wanted to see if there is any difference between them, thanks for that info as well.