AndreiD

Hello guys,

Yes, we are back!

After few years we decide to come back. It’s the same team Lex and Tzu. For the guys that are new in Lineage 2 Community we had succesfull projects L2Pharos our 3rd server after L2Stars.com (~8 years ago, not .EU ) And L2Evolution.com.  The ‘old guys’ can confirm that those servers were successfully ones without this `greedy-coruption-servers` etiquette that were killed by DDoS because we were competition.

Also one of our biggest success was L2Silver which i think it doesn't need any presentation

Let’s present us a bit:

Lex – the guy who talk to the players all days and comes with ideas and improvements for server to make it a long-term server. Always thinking of new content/events/possibilities to make the server enjoyable.

Tzu – the guy who don’t talk so much to players ( not really good at socializing like Lex), but who is the back of the server and take care of implementing Lex ideas. A little bit obsessed to check all the time if all is performant. Currently being Software Developer for 3 years ( sadly in C#, but it’s not such a big difference)

Now how we decided to come back:

In all this time ( 5 years ) by keep talking and last year we meet in a city and had few beers talking about that great times when we were having server and working on the server, and when one of us was distracted by something else, the other one would call him 24/7 to work on server ), after that we decided to watch L2Scene to see what’s happening, we saw that it’s in a more bad way that when we left, but the players community increased. After that, in 5 months, Lex arrived at my house (Tzu) and in a night we decided to come back and make it great again. A few thanks for the guys from: L2PlayInEra they started to change a bit the community and they had a nice success and I respect them. So in last 4 months we took informations, regarding all problems, what players want, we tested few servers and I think we understood what is wanted and put some time to start working on the idea.

What we saw that was missing very much: a place where players can be a community without being forced all the time to move from one server to another and choosing not a good server, but the server that is not the worst. And that's what we try to accomplish. To make Private Servers community a little bit better. We want to see more good servers.

We are still working on the server side, but the website is in BETA-Phase and we already have a forum:

www.l2pharos.com – Website

www.l2pharos.com/forum - Community Forum

We’ve also added some features of the server and we will still add on the list more informations. We understand that is far from perfect, that’s why we delay the opening, even thought I think we will make it not even close to near perfect, with your help, we will! We ask you to give us any advises, or any suggestions that you may have

As we you may have guessed we made a mid rate with the next features:

Rates:  

Experience(XP): 30x
Skill Points(SP): 30x
Adena: 15x
Drop: 15x
Spoil: 15x
Raidboss: 4x
Grandboss: 1x(1 jewel per epic)

Quest Drop: 3x
Quest Reward: 2x
Manor: 3x
Weight Limit: 10x

Enchants:

Safe enchant: +4
Max Enchant: +15
Normal Scroll chance: 55%
Blessed Scroll chance: 60%
Elemental Stone Chance: 50%
Elemental Crystal Chance: 40%

Basic Features:

Buff time: 2h
Buff slots: 24
Dance/Songs slots: 12
Trigger slots: 12
Max clients per PC: 3
Subclass Max Level: 85
Protection(SGuard + Report system: enabled
Geodata: enabled
Subclass Quest: disabled
Class Master: enabled
AutoLoot: enabled
AutoLoot Raidboss: disabled
Offline shops: enabled
Offline buffers: enabled
Different Community Board: enabled
Auction system: enabled
Private messages history: enabled
Droplist search: enabled
Away system: enabled

So far we do not have any Beta Date/ Opening date but we have an interval between 1 and 3 months.

Edited by Celestine

My opinion,for what it's worth,i can honestly say pharos and silver(the 1st one)were the best h5 mid rates i've played in both community/non corruption/events.

On a side note though,years have passed since then and back then we didn't have the endless bot farming fest issue(at least not that blatantly abused to be more pricise),so although im gonna give it a try,im still sceptical on how this will pan out.

No hate or anything, but prepare mucho $$$$ bcs mouse will destroy u so easy, he dont care if he spend 5k euro for ddos or he will log at your server and pay/give items / euros for clans to get them at his server

but true, pharos / silver was best, but at 2k13? now we are at 2k17. ppl prefer boting / get free items and after 1 week leave 

4 hours ago, Eagle_Eye said:

On a side note though,years have passed since then and back then we didn't have the endless bot farming fest issue(at least not that blatantly abused to be more pricise),so although im gonna give it a try,im still sceptical on how this will pan out.

I think that this also depends a lot on the available servers that were on the market. And because only greedy servers, that's what players played. I think this can be changed. A big "boost" for us was PlayInEra server because they tried something different and they had success. Time will answer this question

4 hours ago, AchYlek said:

No hate or anything, but prepare mucho $$$$ bcs mouse will destroy u so easy, he dont care if he spend 5k euro for ddos or he will log at your server and pay/give items / euros for clans to get them at his server

but true, pharos / silver was best, but at 2k13? now we are at 2k17. ppl prefer boting / get free items and after 1 week leave 

Regarding the DDoS i think HyperFilter is the best available protected server and it can defend us against it. Also i've heard that neither OVH can be taken down, but it can get very laggy and unplayable and as far as i know hyperfilter is 'next-level' so i hope/belive it will be ok.

Regarding 'paying other clans' this strategy can work on short-term and if we bring quality/improvements and making a good community, we can pass this and restore a balance in this monopoly that they've created. But as i said to Eagle_Eye time will tell.

16 hours ago, AndreiD said:

Regarding the DDoS i think HyperFilter is the best available protected server and it can defend us against it. Also i've heard that neither OVH can be taken down, but it can get very laggy and unplayable and as far as i know hyperfilter is 'next-level' so i hope/belive it will be ok.

about ddos, tales using best protection, and still its down for 1-2h at start

you can make server w/o corruption / donate etc, but still ppl will prefer corrupted server with huge donation, since there they dont need so much farm 

7 hours ago, AchYlek said:

about ddos, tales using best protection, and still its down for 1-2h at start

What do you mean by "best protection"? As far as i searched and looked Hyperfilter is the top and they can't putted down so easy.

7 hours ago, AchYlek said:

you can make server w/o corruption / donate etc, but still ppl will prefer corrupted server with huge donation, since there they dont need so much farm 

I think that this need of "not farming almost at all" came from the insecurity that the last servers gave them so they stopped having any expectations. I think that can be changed, not easy, but at least show that it can be also different. In the time that i've played lineage2 the most long relationships we bounded with others were not only in PvP, but also when we were grinding together for hours and we were talking on any subject ( ventrilo on that period of time ).

I'm surprised,Pharos is back!!!Nice too see you again,too much positive memories))) i wish you good luck with your project and I hope you will make the difference as you did in the past.

On 11/2/2017 at 3:50 PM, AchYlek said:

You are mistaken here.In the last few years people played only mouse or stalone servers,which were dead in the first month.Of course nobody wish to farm in a server which:

1.Focused mainly on donation.Almost all zones are with decreased drops

2.Dies in 1 month.

If there is someone to provide stable server and last more than 2-3 months,then everything will be different

Cheers.

12 minutes ago, fastdie said:

You are mistaken here.In the last few years people played only mouse or stalone servers,which were dead in the first month.Of course nobody wish to farm in a server which:

1.Focused mainly on donation.Almost all zones are with decreased drops

2.Dies in 1 month.

If there is someone to provide stable server and last more than 2-3 months,then everything will be different

Cheers.

Look last 2 tales, they opened it w/o donate, etc...with active gms and events every day 

when it was alive 2-3 weeks, after clans left since they got offer from mouse to play at his server,

when stalonka wanted get some clans, he got at skype pms "hi, if we get more offer than at mouse server, we will go play" and mouse was offering 6-8k dp every cps. 

Edited by AchYlek

41 minutes ago, AchYlek said:

Look last 2 tales, they opened it w/o donate, etc...with active gms and events every day 

when it was alive 2-3 weeks, after clans left since they got offer from mouse to play at his server,

when stalonka wanted get some clans, he got at skype pms "hi, if we get more offer than at mouse server, we will go play" and mouse was offering 6-8k dp every cps. 

i know this too 

the l2 died years ago, today is only business, they sell you good promotion, 25k of likes by forums and social networks, 85555 on players, and then you do not see 200 for the game, 2 months and we open another, it's a good business for those who know how to do it, easy money swindling sick children just for playing.

12 hours ago, AchYlek said:

Imagine the quality of big clans these days...

• 1 month later...