Hello peoples,

since im an old dev from long long ago and still im hungry to do some stuff, i will give you my time and help FOR FREE

If you need any help regarding the following topics, write me :

L2OFF 

ILExt

Server Setup

Firewall

MSSQL

MySQL

and more

Peace

• 5 months later...

hi i am new here and i came to learn about l2off development. I searched through the forum and guides didnt hemp match. Can you suggest a topic or somethink for me? 

What do you want to learn? How to run server with extender made by someone else? How to change items, npcs, quests, ...? Or writing your own extender? What chronicle are you interested in?

• 2 weeks later...

What do you want to learn? How to run server with extender made by someone else? How to change items, npcs, quests, ...? Or writing your own extender? What chronicle are you interested in?

I want to learn how to write my own extender ...

I want to learn how to write my own extender ...

Do you have win32 knowledge? You know how to work in memory with C ? can you find the RVAs of functions with a debugger? Do you know what to look for?

You need to be fluent in all above just to be a novice L2OFF extender developer

Do you have win32 knowledge? You know how to work in memory with C ? can you find the RVAs of functions with a debugger? Do you know what to look for?

You need to be fluent in all above just to be a novice L2OFF extender developer

I have started learning this 03/2016.

I had almost zero win32 knowledge (in fact you need some 10 functions), I had little knowledge of debugging in anything else than gdb (with debug symbols; no asm, just C/C++), and my assembler skills were 20 years old (back then, it was just real mode of x86, not even 80386 protected mode and definitely not x64 asm, that was really new for me; nevertheless it's in fact less difficult than reading x86 asm because it uses just only one calling convention versus 3 different calling conventions on x86).

Ok, I have some 15+ years of C and 10+ years of C++ but that was all MSDOS, Linux, BSD and iOS stuff :)

So, lin2admin, you can learn it very fast if you're patient, inquiring and have some solid programming background.

If you're able to write, let's say, HTTP server in C++, you'll be probable able to learn all this.

If you're not, go start with it - write me a simple multithreaded HTTP server, it's nothing difficult and it's much easier than starting with writing extender ;)

Edited by eressea

I have started learning this 03/2016.

I had almost zero win32 knowledge (in fact you need some 10 functions), I had little knowledge of debugging in anything else than gdb (with debug symbols; no asm, just C/C++), and my assembler skills were 20 years old (back then, it was just real mode of x86, not even 80386 protected mode and definitely not x64 asm, that was really new for me; nevertheless it's in fact less difficult than reading x86 asm because it uses just only one calling convention versus 3 different calling conventions on x86).

Ok, I have some 15+ years of C and 10+ years of C++ but that was all MSDOS, Linux, BSD and iOS stuff :)

So, lin2admin, you can learn it very fast if you're patient, inquiring and have some solid programming background.

If you're able to write, let's say, HTTP server in C++, you'll be probable able to learn all this.

If you're not, go start with it - write me a simple multithreaded HTTP server, it's nothing difficult and it's much easier than starting with writing extender ;)

Thank you for your encouragement and advice and I will start trying to learn these

How to change buff newbie limited from lv 25 up to lv 61?. How to edit community board? 

Thanks

Newbie buff level limit is in AI (search for the right class in ai.obj, you can find AI class for given NPC in npcdata.txt).

Community board is much harder to do anything with, probably no chance without C++ and assembler skills.

• 7 months later...

Hi,

i know this post is a little old but if you feel like helping i'd be thankful

here it is:

i'm starting on l2dev and i'm trying to learn everything i can the fastest way i can, but there's many things that still blurry to me

It's been really hard to find l2off free files and extenders lately (i'm looking for interlude files to train my skills before buying a good rev and open a server to public)

So i'd like to ask:

What is the extender for? If i buy an extender from advext64 team, for example, i will be able tu use it unlimited? Like, open 5 servers (not at the same time, obviously)..

what i mean is, the key that they will give me is really unlimited? If i buy it and use the bought key to train at a server open on my own pc, will i be able to use the same key to open a server ot public in a deticated machine?

[offtopic note to eressea]: I found your server on topsites, your work is stunishing, congratulations! It's a pitty that your server doesn't have too many players. Wish you good fortune on it.

EDIT: and, of course, if you know any free/open source l2 off Interlude files and/or extender could you send me the link to it? thx anyway

Edited by heathen

Hi,

i know this post is a little old but if you feel like helping i'd be thankful

here it is:

i'm starting on l2dev and i'm trying to learn everything i can the fastest way i can, but there's many things that still blurry to me

It's been really hard to find l2off free files and extenders lately (i'm looking for interlude files to train my skills before buying a good rev and open a server to public)

So i'd like to ask:

What is the extender for? If i buy an extender from advext64 team, for example, i will be able tu use it unlimited? Like, open 5 servers (not at the same time, obviously)..

what i mean is, the key that they will give me is really unlimited? If i buy it and use the bought key to train at a server open on my own pc, will i be able to use the same key to open a server ot public in a deticated machine?

[offtopic note to eressea]: I found your server on topsites, your work is stunishing, congratulations! It's a pitty that your server doesn't have too many players. Wish you good fortune on it.

EDIT: and, of course, if you know any free/open source l2 off Interlude files and/or extender could you send me the link to it? thx anyway

Hi,

It is not that hard to find the free cracked OFF files for IL.

I will upload them for you in case you will not find them yourself. But note that there are many issues with them as bugs/exploits and so on.

When you buy the files from AdvExt team you will get one key just, and from what i knew you need to pay for updates after some period. Also you are player limited if you buy the cheapest option.

Remember once you get a license key from them, the files are binded to that computer/machine you set the files first time on. And a new key will cost you money.

I am a OFF dev from many years but never joined this forum, soon i shall create a topic about my IL extender.

If you require further information/help let me know.

Hi,

It is not that hard to find the free cracked OFF files for IL.

I will upload them for you in case you will not find them yourself. But note that there are many issues with them as bugs/exploits and so on.

When you buy the files from AdvExt team you will get one key just, and from what i knew you need to pay for updates after some period. Also you are player limited if you buy the cheapest option.

Remember once you get a license key from them, the files are binded to that computer/machine you set the files first time on. And a new key will cost you money.

I am a OFF dev from many years but never joined this forum, soon i shall create a topic about my IL extender.

If you require further information/help let me know.

dang, im better train some dev skills on free files i guess

Yes man, if u could upload me the files (Server files + extender, or whatever u have that doesn't breake anyone's rights on this forum) i would be really thankful, i passed the last 3 days searching for server and extender free files and i got nothing. The only thing i found was this link of an open source extender (at least he said it is, but i don't know what kind of files an extender is supposed to have, so... xD) that some dude posted here at mxc: https://github.com/MMOCOM/OSIE-GF

besides that, i got nothing.

Yeah, no problem if there are some bugs, i want it just for training so i won't waste 300+ dollars on an extender key while i learn to configure everything (and screw it all on the process).

Edited by heathen

Hi and thanks :) OSIE is opensource extender based on Gracia Final leak. It's great for learning how to write an extender but that's all, there is a dozen of security bugs that need to be fixed in order to use it for live server. As for buying stuff - if you want to have stable server, get one of (alphabetically sorted) advext64, myext64 or vanganth. With advext you get key for live server plus key for test server plus their tech support if I remember well. With myext you're unlimited but it's only gracia final/epilogue and I can help but you can't count on it - it's primarily for someone who is skilled in c++ and asm or can find and pay such dev