L2J Mobius Highfive

Honestly am a big fan of L2jServer and what it stands for.
But sadly, even before the DMCA shutdown, there where no significant updates.

Not only that, but making a server out of the box, would result to failure.

You will say, failure? Are you such a noob, you can't make a HighFive server?

Well.. a year ago, a friend of mine, organised and runned a big server with over than 2000 online people, made from people that had previously worked on other servers.

There where 6 developers, 2 client modders and 6 community administrators that where involved with the server.

It has been years since that I had seen such a great and active community.

What went bad? Why it failed?

We had a two week closed Beta with about 20 testers, that reported everything working fine. So we went live...

Since that day, with 2000 people online, there was not a day passing by, without a bug been reported to us!

We even got a couple extra developers to assist in fixing the files, but bug reports where literally storming us.

Basic stuff working on L2jServer Gracia/Freya branch where totally screwed!

So... yes... failure!

I am cooking up some HighFive files... based on those files...

Removing other peoples work from them. Syncing some changes I made on my GoD project.

You will say, why on earth would we want some files that where proven to be that bad?

Why? Because they are better compared to the latest L2jServer files.  ;D

Stay tuned...

Honestly am a big fan of L2jServer and what it stands for.

But sadly, even before the DMCA shutdown, there where no significant updates.

Not only that, but making a server out of the box, would result to failure.

You will say, failure? Are you such a noob, you can't make a HighFive server?

Well.. a year ago, a friend of mine, organised and runned a big server with over than 2000 online people, made from people that had previously worked on other servers.

There where 6 developers, 2 client modders and 6 community administrators that where involved with the server.

It has been years since that I had seen such a great and active community.

What went bad? Why it failed?

We had a two week closed Beta with about 20 testers, that reported everything working fine. So we went live...

Since that day, with 2000 people online, there was not a day passing by, without a bug been reported to us!

We even got a couple extra developers to assist in fixing the files, but bug reports where literally storming us.

Basic stuff working on L2jServer Gracia/Freya branch where totally screwed!

So... yes... failure!

I am cooking up some HighFive files... based on those files...

Removing other peoples work from them. Syncing some changes I made on my GoD project.

You will say, why on earth would we want some files that where proven to be that bad?

Why? Because they are better compared to the latest L2jServer files.  ;D

Stay tuned...

i'm waiting for mobius next project :)

You want try where L2J itself failed, aka manage and keep multiple projects (chronicles) alive.

The finality will be you wouldn't be able to fix properly every project, and so your time will be splitted over all those projects. Meaning not a single project will end.

Don't worry, I've always worked on multiple projects. I even plan to work on the upcoming Helios update.

L2J never had multiple branch support, meh... yes they replied to some questions here and there, but in overal it has focused on HighFive for years.

The only actual work made on other branches was on Ertheia by current L2jUnity members.

Realistically I can't finish GoD on my own, noone can. I rely on contributions made by other people, it's a team work.

But HighFive, after all those stalling years, is finishable. Unlike L2J, I don't mind using/leeching code that already exists on the web, shamelessly.

And this is what seperated me originally from L2J, I just want things done. L2J waits for years with broken stuff until they are done "properly".

Don't worry, I've always worked on multiple projects. I even plan to work on the upcoming Helios update.

L2J never had multiple branch support, meh... yes they replied to some questions here and there, but in overal it has focused on HighFive for years.

The only actual work made on other branches was on Ertheia by current L2jUnity members.

Realistically I can't finish GoD on my own, noone can. I rely on contributions made by other people, it's a team work.

But HighFive, after all those stalling years, is finishable. Unlike L2J, I don't mind using/leeching code that already exists on the web, shamelessly.

And this is what seperated me originally from L2J, I just want things done. L2J waits for years with broken stuff until they are done "properly".

Sorry but there is no differences between GoD and another chronicle, except each additional chronicle adds stuff and delay the "goal". L2J also stopped their behavior about not leeching L2OFF dp / others projects ideas (they used some l2p concepts lately) since at least one complete year.

If you can't end a project, you can't end others. And that means your previous project is basically given up. So as I said, you will simply jump from one project to another, without ending anything.

Up to you, after all. If I end IL one day, I will probably downgrade it for C4 and C3. Only for the pleasure of destroying huge sections of code than I took time to fix...

Edited by Tryskell

The point is that High Five, one way or another, is done.

Maybe not 100% retail, but pretty accurate for a long gone chronicle.

Even the worst High Five project that exists on the net, it is not facing the problems that I had with goddess development by a long shot.

It should be shared a long time ago, but once more people just keep their work private.

Sharing my current work would be more than enough. And I am sure that time will prove me right.

The point is that High Five, one way or another, is done.

Maybe not 100% retail, but pretty accurate for a long gone chronicle.

Even the worst High Five project that exists on the net, it is not facing the problems that I had with goddess development by a long shot.

It should be shared a long time ago, but once more people just keep their work private.

Sharing my current work would be more than enough. And I am sure that time will prove me right.

I don't really get what are (would be) your problems, except opcodes/packet structures and datapack related stuff. It can't be worst than L2JIL, with all the exploits && terrible coding skills from 2008.

I agree about the private work part, a big number of chronicles would be already ended if ppl were less selfish. Then the point would be to update all packs with same engines : knownlist system, geoengine, etc.

If correctly led (without the need to rewrite EVERYTHING), L2J would be ended since few years already (at least easily up to GF).

Edited by Tryskell

I don't really get what are (would be) your problems, except opcodes/packet structures and datapack related stuff. It can't be worst than L2JIL, with all the exploits && terrible coding skills from 2008.

I agree about the private work part, a big number of chronicles would be already ended if ppl were less selfish. Then the point would be to update all packs with same engines : knownlist system, geoengine, etc.

If correctly led (without the need to rewrite EVERYTHING), L2J would be ended since few years already (at least easily up to GF).

everytime you rework something , you keep saying it on every post you do  :happyforever:  :happyforever:  :happyforever:  :happyforever:

It's not just deleting stuff to go back to IL. I work on adding stuff 8 clients after High Five.

Unlike you, I will not rework anything, L2J kept fine with Java 1.6 on Epilogue files on worst machines than the ones that exist today. I actually want to finish High Five.

Your Interlude pack is pretty much ready as well, you can also stop rewriting everything. Even on older revisions you have better files than L2J. :P

It's not just deleting stuff to go back to IL. I work on adding stuff 8 clients after High Five.

Unlike you, I will not rework anything, L2J kept fine with Java 1.6 on Epilogue files on worst machines than the ones that exist today. I actually want to finish High Five.

Your Interlude pack is pretty much ready as well, you can also stop rewriting everything. Even on older revisions you have better files than L2J. :P

Well, reworking everything is my trademark, but even without that, L2J needs some reworks - no matter the chronicle, from C3 to latest.

Well, reworking everything is my trademark, but even without that, L2J needs some reworks - no matter the chronicle, from C3 to latest.

It would be nice to see a HighFive version of aCis. :P