Changing Character Colision When Sitting On Throne

snifi

Question

Hello Cheaters,

can anyone tell me where i can find the part where the server is deciding whether the character sits on ground or on a static object?

there are two problems with sitable objects that i try to solve

- First: When Sitting on a Throne every other Character can do it as well. So you have several characters sitting on the same place. it should be possible only for the first character.....and only for the lord of a castle

- Second: Benches and Chairs on the fantasy island can be used too but with a strange sideeffect - character will float in the air + same problem as mentioned before.

So...to solve these problems we must check whether this static object is being used and also the conditions (Throne->Lord). So only one player can sit at the same time on the throne

Additionaly we have to fix the floating Problem on Fantasy Island. Ugly fix: Setting the actual colision radia to smaler ones. this fixes the floating problem but resilts in smaller player colision boxes (harder to target). to solve this we must get a check for sitting on static objects - if it is the case a players colision will become smaller to fit in the bench/chair he wants to sit on.

does anyone have an idea where to start? :)

4 answers to this question

Hello Cheaters,

can anyone tell me where i can find the part where the server is deciding whether the character sits on ground or on a static object?

there are two problems with sitable objects that i try to solve

- First: When Sitting on a Throne every other Character can do it as well. So you have several characters sitting on the same place. it should be possible only for the first character.....and only for the lord of a castle

- Second: Benches and Chairs on the fantasy island can be used too but with a strange sideeffect - character will float in the air + same problem as mentioned before.

So...to solve these problems we must check whether this static object is being used and also the conditions (Throne->Lord). So only one player can sit at the same time on the throne

Additionaly we have to fix the floating Problem on Fantasy Island. Ugly fix: Setting the actual colision radia to smaler ones. this fixes the floating problem but resilts in smaller player colision boxes (harder to target). to solve this we must get a check for sitting on static objects - if it is the case a players colision will become smaller to fit in the bench/chair he wants to sit on.

does anyone have an idea where to start? :)

I think is client part. About check you can find the serverpacket that refer to the throne sit and add a global variable isAlreadySit(). so when someone sit make it true so others cant use /sit  if they are there

I think is client part. About check you can find the serverpacket that refer to the throne sit and add a global variable isAlreadySit(). so when someone sit make it true so others cant use /sit  if they are there

Static Object names are missing indeed. But you can edit .dat file in order to have the names displayed correctly. Then put in the chair data serverside to be able to use all objects on fantasy island. Change character colision and you will see the floating problem will be gone (but the dwarf race will have a way smaller colision box if changing it to a constant value^^)

Check aCis sources, the sit check is there.

Thanks for the sweeT hint. I'll take a look. :)

About collision, you should override directly getCollisionHeight(). On aCis, for players you should edit it on PcTemplate.getCollisionHeightBySex(Sex sex), for your specific project it's probably simply getCollisionHeight().

Sit check exists on aCis, we store the throneId on PcInstance, check _throneId occurrences. It's part of rev 351 and has been slightly fixed later on (can't be checked on free rev yet).

Edited by Tryskell
  • Like 1