Cpu Server Dedicated

and 4 gb ram is fine ;)

I kinda doubt. With big online he may go OOM. H5 on startup will eat like 2G of ram most likely? No idea, but I bet it's consuming kinda much (aCis 1,2 as far as I remember and it's interlude). Ofc with enabled geodata.

Edited by SweeTs

Ram = its for how mutch players you want if u see your server have 500++ need more if you think your server will be good buy 16 gb ram or more 

internet = is for no lags . 

You don't have to teach me. You said 4GB will be enough, which is not rly true. But yeah, for small server can be enough.

8g minimum for a live server which hold sql, gs and ls.

Avoid to put website on same computer, and avoid to link your db with website (or be sure it's secured ; 80% of issues will come from either your website or your sql server being vulnerable). Website is a really easy target for DDoS or sql manipulation.

• 3 weeks later...

but if you don't link web site with aerver how can you show online on site,

By caching the results for a specific time.

It's not very efficient to let everyone send a random requests to the gameserver database. Because no matter if the request is send by a gameserver or by web server, the database consumes the same amount of resources. Taking the fact that HTTP is stateless and that some web and java devs doesn't have a clue about SQL JOIN, you may get into a serious troubles... :lol:

so not connect web server with gameserver is another preserv?

also can you explain what means catching results specific times?

It means you're caching the result of an request and show it to the users for a specified period, so no requests to the database are made during the cache's lifetime. That way you're reducing the useless connections to the database, because the HTTP is stateless and for every new visit / page refresh, a new connection is estabilished, and this is an resource consumming task.

what about register and statistics? should we make it work on website?

The statistics should be cached as I said above. You can implement an registration form, but you should use captcha and some kind of flood protection, in order to filtrate most of the unwanted traffic. In the best case, you have implemented a two steps registration - first on the web site, and only if the user have a web acc, he can register an game account(s), usually through its web account.

• 4 weeks later...

How about the connection ? it's the most important you cant do nothing even with turbo pc and 1mbps connection you need 1000mbit

That would be interesting to know the bandwidth use on a populated server. But you clearly don't need 1g. We speak of a +10y game, where 1g wasn't even common.

If you got lags that's not the connection (until you got failed connection), it's all about MMOCore.

Edited by Tryskell