Custom Subclass Quest

DreaMeR

Question

Hello peeps. So, I need to make a mob, after you kill it, to "unlock" the subclass for you. Imagine something like, when you kill Barakiel that you can get Nobless Status, without any quests (I've already did that.) So, for example, when a player or a party kills Cabrio I want it to enable the subclass change for you, without you having any quests on. I know that for Noblesse is something like (player.setNoble == true) or if the player is in a party it's (member.setNoble == true). So I was wondering, is there anything similar for Subclass? Like, (player.setSubclass) or something like that to enable the option to make a subclass after you kill the mob?

Thanks in advance. :)

11 answers to this question

You just create a new boolean (which must be stored in db probably) and when you kill the specific mob the boolean is true (default is false). The subclass npc checks if the boolean is true to allow him add subclass. And when the subclass is over, the boolean changes to false.

u can also add drop to that mob / raid an item that give u the options about sub class?

Yeah, a quest item which cannot be removed. So, you go to NPC if you have the specific item you do subclass and item gets removed (better option, to avoid hardcoding).

So, for example, when a player or a party kills Cabrio I want it to enable the subclass change for you, without you having any quests

Thanks in advance. :)

Read correctly guys.

You just create a new boolean (which must be stored in db probably) and when you kill the specific mob the boolean is true (default is false). The subclass npc checks if the boolean is true to allow him add subclass. And when the subclass is over, the boolean changes to false.

wuut?

---

You must have completed 2 quests to be able to use the subclass option, by default. So, you must set "complete" those quests. You can easily change the core to check only for one quest, not two. But obviously, you have to code a custom script to complete the subclass quest.

newQuestState.setState(STATE_COMPLETED);
Edited by SweeTs

Read correctly guys.

wuut?

--

You must have completed 2 quests to be able to use the subclass option. So, you must set "complete" those quests. You can easily change the core to check only for one quest, not two. But obviously, you have to code a custom script to complete the subclass.

newQuestState.setState(STATE_COMPLETED);

You must read better our replies (except Rootware's). Me and pamela gave the best answers about his request. Just a boolean store, or an item check. Both simple.

You must read better our replies (except Rootware's). Me and pamela gave the best answers about his request. Just a boolean store, or an item check. Both simple.

Still my answer is valid. To use the 'retail' subclass option, you must have completed 2 quests, by default. Otherwise you will get a msg about Mimix Elixir quest.

Edited by SweeTs

Still my answer is valid. To use the 'retail' subclass option, you must have completed 2 quests, by default. Otherwise you will get a msg about Mimix Elixir quest.

You just disable subclass with quest and adding 1 line check, way more simple. WITHOUT ANY QUESTS.

Crap, I totally forgot that there is such an option. But from the other hand, he would not ask for this, if he would like to leave it enabled. Don't ya think? :)

Since who would kill this rb/npc to take the sub when he can simply go and talk to the npc? So yea, I believe that my answer is still valid :D