Question

madbill

Hello.My question is simple..Is there a way to 'convert' a shared file,ex a weapon for HI5 client to another client?i asked that cause i want to test some of those incredible shares!

yes, you have to adapt it

So it's possible..I think i need to change the weapongrp.dat and that will solve it..AM i right??If not can someone explain me which is the proper way..These are my first steps to 'developing' [if you can name what i do like that]so i need to understand first the way l2j works

yes you can just change the grp lines but for weapons might not work in some cases but like armor/hats/npcs should work

This is where i find the biggest problem..I followed your guide for editing textures but in the final part,when i try to change that dat it crushed and the whole dat been erased from the system,so i need it to paste again from my backup..DO you have any idea why that's happen??

Thanks in advance

Edited by madbill

Because you "messed" the new line. Most likely too much or little 'rows', missing empty line at the end.

Edited by SweeTs

Because you "messed" the new line. Most likely too much or little 'rows', missing empty line at the end.

this also dont use shitty file editors from 2005 which delete your files if theres a error

I copy the lines from the weapongr.dat.text to my file edit and i get that error..By the way i use a file edit which say gracia final(it's the client i use).If i use one from GOD will it work?

I dont understand what lines should i change so when i equip a club to been seen with an antharas axe for example

The error say that the file cannot be found by the system

http://imgur.com/fwtU8to

Edited by madbill

I copy the lines from the weapongr.dat.text to my file edit and i get that error..By the way i use a file edit which say gracia final(it's the client i use).If i use one from GOD will it work?

I dont understand what lines should i change so when i equip a club to been seen with an antharas axe for example

The error say that the file cannot be found by the system

http://imgur.com/fwtU8to

yes that god one is universal

you should never be using that kind of file edit

0 1 1 1 7 15 0 LineageWeapons.small_sword_m00_wp LineageWeaponsTex.small_sword_t00_wp icon.weapon_small_sword_i00 -1 1600 8 0 0 7 1 1 LineageWeapons.small_sword_m00_wp 1 LineageWeaponsTex.small_sword_t00_wp 4 Itemsoundd.sword_small_1 Itemsoundd.sword_big_7 Itemsoundd.sword_mid_6 Itemsoundd.public_sword_shing_4 Itemsoundd.itemdrop_sword Itemsoundd.itemequip_sword 10 8 6 1 0 8 0 0 0 0 379 0 1 1 1000 0 -1 0 0.00000000 0.00000000 0.00000000 1.00000000 1.00000000 LineageWeapons.rangesample 0.94999999 0.55000001 0.55000001 11.00000000 0.00000000 0.00000000 -1 -1 -1 -1

drop animation/texture
icon
animation/texture when using item

yes that god one is universal

you should never be using that kind of file edit

0 1 1 1 7 15 0 LineageWeapons.small_sword_m00_wp LineageWeaponsTex.small_sword_t00_wp icon.weapon_small_sword_i00 -1 1600 8 0 0 7 1 1 LineageWeapons.small_sword_m00_wp 1 LineageWeaponsTex.small_sword_t00_wp 4 Itemsoundd.sword_small_1 Itemsoundd.sword_big_7 Itemsoundd.sword_mid_6 Itemsoundd.public_sword_shing_4 Itemsoundd.itemdrop_sword Itemsoundd.itemequip_sword 10 8 6 1 0 8 0 0 0 0 379 0 1 1 1000 0 -1 0 0.00000000 0.00000000 0.00000000 1.00000000 1.00000000 LineageWeapons.rangesample 0.94999999 0.55000001 0.55000001 11.00000000 0.00000000 0.00000000 -1 -1 -1 -1

drop animation/texture
icon
animation/texture when using item

Thank you for speding your time answering to a newbie..It was satisfaying clear what i should do

• 4 weeks later...

So back to the server side.The weaps i have is something like this[Freya Client]:

<set name="weapon_type" val="sword" />
<set name="bodypart" val="rhand" />
<set name="attack_range" val="40" />
<set name="damage_range" val="0.1.1.1" />
<set name="immediate_effect" val="1" />
<set name="material" val="adamantaite" />
<set name="crystal_type" val="s" />
<set name="weight" val="1" />
<set name="soulshots" val="1" />
<set name="spiritshots" val="1" />

and in FG client the weapons are like this:
item id="6590" name="Angel Slayer - Critical Damage">
  <for>
    <set val="246" order="0x08" stat="pAtk"/>
    <set val="132" order="0x08" stat="mAtk"/>
    <set val="12" order="0x08" stat="rCrit"/>
    <add val="-3" order="0x10" stat="accCombat"/>
    <set val="433" order="0x08" stat="pAtkSpd"/>
    <enchant val="0" order="0x0C" stat="pAtk"/>
    <enchant val="0" order="0x0C" stat="mAtk"/>
  </for>
Now in FG client the intel about rhand,material exist in a table on SQL named weapons..So i thinked that if i make the XML look like FG and create a new entry at SQL it would work.Well it didnt.still say that item dont exist
Is there anyone that know how can i make it work??Or at least why it isn't working..Or it's what mate told before,that for some weapons it cant be happen
Edited by madbill

Do the structure as your pack is using. Xml may be only stats, and all info about stored on sql.

Yes that's what i said.But it still dont work..I think that's the idea on FG.That the .XML have only stats and the other intel exist on SQL..But it's that i told before..I did all this and nothing..So in my despair i asked my self..Why it's better to work on Final Gracia and not Freya??It seems that freya it's easier at least on XML side and still has some more benefits..The only thing i dont know it's if FG is more stable than Freya

Edit:Someone who saw it,said to me that my project it's not the official L2j,but some custom project..What should i do?Continue on this?Change to l2j FG[dunno if still exist on their site]or change to another chronicle?? 

Edited by madbill