About Eclipse And Xampp

XENEIXE

Question

Hi guys!

Long time ago that i don't touch the l2j dev side, now i'm back with it  :-beep- yeah:

I used to work with Interlude project, compiled ones and all easy stuffs...

Now i'm trying to compile my own l2jdata/server packs with Eclipse, i found this guide: http://www.maxcheaters.com/topic/191149-some-readycompiled-l2j-sources/ on the forum, helped me a lot!

And i watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNjQ9z_IOA0 to learn about eclipse and more... The problem is that in the video the guy use a "old" eclipse... I downloaded the new one and its a lot different, i'm a bit lost about it...

There is a part where i must create a SVN repositories view, but the Eclipse i use don't have it... What should i do there?

And the other question, the video says that i need MySQL server installed... but i have xampp, is the same thing? Coz i use xampp in my school for .php/.html/.sql projects... So i already have xampp...

I can't go on if i dont know a bit about Eclipse and mysql/xampp... If u guys could guide me in this part, it will be great!

Thanks in advance!!

13 answers to this question

https://eclipse.org/downloads/ > Eclipse IDE for Java EE Developers

You got nothing to install, you unzip on C:/ and launch eclipse.exe.

Yeah got it...

Ok i got my pack. 

Thanks for all your help!!

/solved

Edited by XENEIXE

I'm using WAMP for developement purposes since 2010, so yup it is far enough.

Regarding Subversion, it's used to save your "progression" on developement. While it's not a critical stuff in order to begin to test/develop, it is a must have. Subclipse is an eclipse plugin, you also have to register your own subversion project (Assembla is the most known).

From what I know of Eclipse (6y of use), and since I'm using it, the main stuff used to install L2J never moved, so I don't see where and how you are lost.

Thanks for that, now im good to go...

I'm using WAMP for developement purposes since 2010, so yup it is far enough.

Regarding Subversion, it's used to save your "progression" on developement. While it's not a critical stuff in order to begin to test/develop, it is a must have. Subclipse is an eclipse plugin, you also have to register your own subversion project (Assembla is the most known).

From what I know of Eclipse (6y of use), and since I'm using it, the main stuff used to install L2J never moved, so I don't see where and how you are lost.

As i said before, i never used Eclipse before, i always used datapacks compiled, like l2jfrozen ones for Interlude, just instal the db (wamp+navicat) and make the login/game.bat and connection stuffs...

I wanted to move to GoD+ dev, so i start with Ertheia, but i cant find a "ready datapack" for start my server. I saw that i must use Eclipse in order to get my own datapack... I want to learn how to do it, that's why im using the guide and video that i mentioned before... Im learning about eclipse, svn and mysql/xampp...

The other question that i have is that the video says i need mysql server, and make a database, here is the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLV6RPFQw5o

What i want to know is: can i make a database with xampp just like the guy in the video does with mysql server?

Sorry for my bad english :-[

Edited by XENEIXE

Well, simply read the guide than SweeTs linked. Edit the SVN link for any you want.

Eclipse is an IDE, basically said a specialized Notepad++. You can edit sources with notepad, but it's painful.

Subclipse is Subversion for Eclipse, a plugin used by eclipse to handle Subversion (SVN). I already explained what's SVN higher.

Use Navicat, mysql command tool or whatever else to create the db.

xamp/wamp coinstainse mysql(?) if I'm not wrong, but still you need a navicat or phpmyadmin to create/store the database.

Edited by SweeTs

Thanks guys for all your help!

What i dont understand is what the guy in the video does with mysql server, he's like "installing a database" but i dont see the point in that part, i used to make it with navicat and then run the tool/database.bat for make the tables in navicat...

What's the point of do all the mysql server part? U guys know? Check the video, at min: 1:20 to see what i'm talking about...

I'm a bit confused about that part

You need it to 'communicate' with database/navicat.

The problem is that xampp doesn't have a good "relationship" with mysql server, i already have xamp (i use it for a lot of things) and when i try to install mysql server there is some problems coz xampp is already in my computer, there is a problem with the port 3306.

So again, is really necessary to have mysql server?

Or xampp can do the same work like mysql server? If it's possible, i wanna know how can be done.

Ok after watching some guides and videos, i was ready to start with eclipse...

Im trying to install eclipse x64 mars update -IDE for Java EE Developers- on my windows 7 laptop, and i get this error:

[2015-10-04 19:44:52] ERROR: org.eclipse.equinox.p2.transport.ecf code=1006 Unknown Host: http://download.eclipse.org/oomph/updates/milestone/latest/compositeContent.xml
java.net.UnknownHostException: download.eclipse.org

It's like the universe doesn't want me go back to my old vice... Lineage II ):

Any idea why this error happen? i google it but can't find something related to the same problem that i have...

I just want to start learning, but i can't even install the programs that i need to do it... sad life

https://eclipse.org/downloads/ > Eclipse IDE for Java EE Developers

You got nothing to install, you unzip on C:/ and launch eclipse.exe.

Edited by Tryskell

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• MidnightSell team WTB/WTS GOLD TWW EU/US all servers Cataclysm all servers Payment Visa/Master/Btc/Eth/Trc-20/Erc-20 (all payments within 10 min) For all question pls dm Discord https://discord.gg/h8AN57qJjK Or Telegram @MidnightSell
    • GOSTEI MUITO DO VIASUAL DO SERVE COMO POSSO ADQUIRI ESSA REV PACK   
    • Helly everyone . I use L2jmobius interlude , i did everything , installed the db compiled the Build in eclipse Gameserver seems to lead OK , but it fails to connect to loginserver When i click to start the loginserver it says  "Loginserver terminated abnormally" This is wheat gameserver shows me :    [05/10 17:25:12] LoginServerThread: Connecting to login on 127.0.0.1:9014 [05/10 17:25:12] LoginServerThread: LoginServer not available, trying to reconnect... [05/10 17:25:17] LoginServerThread: Connecting to login on 127.0.0.1:9014 [05/10 17:25:17] LoginServerThread: LoginServer not available, trying to reconnect... [05/10 17:25:22] LoginServerThread: Connecting to login on 127.0.0.1:9014 [05/10 17:25:22] LoginServerThread: LoginServer not available, trying to reconnect...   And This is my login config file:   # --------------------------------------------------------------------------- # Login Server Settings # --------------------------------------------------------------------------- # This is the server configuration file. Here you can set up the connection information for your server. # This was written with the assumption that you are behind a router. # Dumbed Down Definitions... # LAN (LOCAL area network) - typically consists of computers connected to the same router as you. # WAN (WIDE area network) - typically consists of computers OUTSIDE of your router (ie. the internet). # x.x.x.x - Format of an IP address. Do not include the x'es into settings. Must be real numbers. # --------------------------------------------------------------------------- # Networking # --------------------------------------------------------------------------- # Bind ip of the LoginServer, use 0.0.0.0 to bind on all available IPs # WARNING: <u><b><font color="red">Please don't change default IPs here if you don't know what are you doing!</font></b></u> # WARNING: <u><b><font color="red">External/Internal IPs are now inside "ipconfig.xml" file.</font></b></u> # Default: 0.0.0.0 LoginserverHostname = 0.0.0.0 # Default: 2106 LoginserverPort = 2106 # The address on which login will listen for GameServers, use * to bind on all available IPs # WARNING: <u><b><font color="red">Please don't change default IPs here if you don't know what are you doing!</font></b></u> # WARNING: <u><b><font color="red">External/Internal IPs are now inside "ipconfig.xml" file.</font></b></u> # Default: 127.0.0.1 LoginHostname = 127.0.0.1 # The port on which login will listen for GameServers # Default: 9014 LoginPort = 9014 # --------------------------------------------------------------------------- # Database # --------------------------------------------------------------------------- # Specify the JDBC driver class for your database. # Default: org.mariadb.jdbc.Driver Driver = org.mariadb.jdbc.Driver # Database URL # Default: jdbc:mariadb://localhost/l2jmobiusinterlude?useUnicode=true&characterEncoding=utf-8&useSSL=false&connectTimeout=10000&interactiveClient=true&sessionVariables=wait_timeout=600,interactive_timeout=600&autoReconnect=true URL = jdbc:mariadb://localhost/l2jmobiusinterlude?useUnicode=true&characterEncoding=utf-8&useSSL=false&connectTimeout=10000&interactiveClient=true&sessionVariables=wait_timeout=600,interactive_timeout=600&autoReconnect=true # Database user info. Default is "root" but it's not recommended. Login = root # Database user password, leave empty for no password. Password = root # Maximum number of database connections to maintain in the pool. # Default: 5 MaximumDatabaseConnections = 5 # Determine whether database connections should be tested for availability. # Default: False TestDatabaseConnections = False # --------------------------------------------------------------------------- # Automatic Database Backup Settings # --------------------------------------------------------------------------- # Generate database backups when server restarts or shuts down.  BackupDatabase = False # Path to MySQL bin folder. Only necessary on Windows. MySqlBinLocation = C:/xampp/mysql/bin/ # Path where MySQL backups are stored. BackupPath = ../backup/ # Maximum number of days that backups will be kept. # Old files in backup folder will be deleted. # Set to 0 to disable. BackupDays = 30 # --------------------------------------------------------------------------- # Thread Configuration # --------------------------------------------------------------------------- # Defines the number of threads in the scheduled thread pool. # If set to -1, this will be determined by available processors divided by 2. ScheduledThreadPoolSize = 2 # Defines the number of threads in the instant thread pool. # If set to -1, this will be determined by available processors divided by 2. InstantThreadPoolSize = 2 # --------------------------------------------------------------------------- # Security # --------------------------------------------------------------------------- # How many times you can provide an invalid account/pass before the IP gets banned. # Default: 5 LoginTryBeforeBan = 5 # Time you won't be able to login back again after LoginTryBeforeBan tries to login. # Default: 900 (15 minutes) LoginBlockAfterBan = 900 # If set to True any GameServer can register on your login's free slots # Default: True AcceptNewGameServer = True # Flood Protection. All values are in milliseconds. # Default: True EnableFloodProtection = True # Default: 15 FastConnectionLimit = 15 # Default: 700 NormalConnectionTime = 700 # Default: 350 FastConnectionTime = 350 # Default: 50 MaxConnectionPerIP = 50 # --------------------------------------------------------------------------- # Misc Login Settings # --------------------------------------------------------------------------- # If False, the license (after the login) will not be shown. # Default: True ShowLicence = True # Default: True AutoCreateAccounts = True # Datapack root directory. # Defaults to current directory from which the server is started. DatapackRoot = . # --------------------------------------------------------------------------- # Scheduled Login Restart # --------------------------------------------------------------------------- # Enable disable scheduled login restart. # Default: False LoginRestartSchedule = False # Time in hours. # Default: 24 LoginRestartTime = 24    
  • Topics