Mana Regen

Komnis

Question

9 answers to this question

It should be in character templates (since these things are attached to a player character class).

Movement/Wait mode modifiers are hardcoded, check formulas or related Func implementing classes if you need to change them as well.

Easy to say hard to do it as a beginner. Can you give me more information so i can do what i want?

As an alterbative, if make a passive skill which give more mp regen and put that skill in all classes will be the same?

Character templates used to be in SQL, but now they are in XML, although the paths differ in different serverpacks (datapack, look for char_templates or character or similar folders).

And no, it will not be exactly the same (unless you use a multiplier instead of a flat value):

MP_regen = max(orgMP_regen × menBonusF × levelBonus × skillMP_regenPer + skillMP_regenDiff, 1)
P.S. I am unsure if CHA affects regen as well.

In short:

If you want to multiply/divide the MP regen (e.g. make it double) -> the result will be the same.

If you want to add a flat value (e.g. +5 / recovery tick), it will not be the same (MEN, level bonuses as well as mul/div effects will have no effect on the value added by a skill).

Of course, L2J's generalized calculator allows you to simply use a smaller order value (this means you would effectively create a custom MP regen formula without changing code). I think it was 32 (0x20) for add/sub instead of 64 (0x40).

Edited by _dev_

Character templates used to be in SQL, but now they are in XML, although the paths differ in different serverpacks (datapack, look for char_templates or character or similar folders).

And no, it will not be exactly the same (unless you use a multiplier instead of a flat value):

MP_regen = max(orgMP_regen × menBonusF × levelBonus × skillMP_regenPer + skillMP_regenDiff, 1)
P.S. I am unsure if CHA affects regen as well.

In short:

If you want to multiply/divide the MP regen (e.g. make it double) -> the result will be the same.

If you want to add a flat value (e.g. +5 / recovery tick), it will not be the same (MEN, level bonuses as well as mul/div effects will have no effect on the value added by a skill).

Of course, L2J's generalized calculator allows you to simply use a smaller order value (this means you would effectively create a custom MP regen formula without changing code). I think it was 32 (0x20) for add/sub instead of 64 (0x40).

there's no column in character template for mp reg and there's no xml file for char stats.i checked them both. So i will try to add it on passive skill and i please the gods to work fine. Is there a guide for the orders(0x20,0x40 etc.) because there's no guide to fully explain how orders exactly work... :/

there's no column in character template for mp reg and there's no xml file for char stats.i checked them both. So i will try to add it on passive skill and i please the gods to work fine. Is there a guide for the orders(0x20,0x40 etc.) because there's no guide to fully explain how orders exactly work... :/

Well, I was primarily referring to this: https://github.com/L2J/L2J_DataPack/blob/master/dist/game/data/stats/chars/baseStats/AbyssWalker.xml

Here's a short guide for the orders. Assume you have certain values, already with operation attached:

+10 -20 *6 *2 *1.05 +63.2 *0.5 /3

You need to calculate a value. An easy way to do it is (parenthesis emphasize the natural operation order):

10 - (20 * 6 * 2 * 1.05) + (63.2 * 0.5 / 3)

Obviously, the "insertion order" calculation is not good for… mostly anything.

So now you have certain values with both operation and order attached, e.g.

+10[1] -20[15] *6[5] *2[5] *1.05[2] +63.2[15] *0.5[10] /3[2]

Now, you only have to sort the orders:

((((10) / 3 * 1.05) * 6 * 2) * 0.5) + 63.2 - 20

Which will end up providing a different value.

Obviously, you would want to avoid +- having the same order as */, because for the same order value, they can end up ordered in any way, and (x*2)+10 is different than (x+10)*2.

In order to allow intermediate values (for future updates), l2j has selected certain order values to be used in item/skill templates:

0x10 for base value <set>

0x20 for base value <add/sub>

0x30 for (base) value <mul/div> (due to multiplication semantics, we do not need to split it into two)

0x40 for modifying the precomputed value by <add/sub>

0x50 for one-sided <set> (overriding the completely computed value)

lol why so hard coding  while he can do it with the easy way LAWL?

He asked to change (note the difference between 'adjust'/'modify' and 'change'/'replace') the default value. So it is only natural that we tried to guide him to the default values.

Once again, a skill with <mul> will participate in MP regen formula differently than a skill with <add>, when compared to just changing the default value.