What about DB dump or SQL scripts (yeah, you can't classify those as binaries :D)? At least SP declarations!

Do a fundraising campaign online and set a goal of 300$, when it's done share it for everyone. Either way they're only useful for l2j developers.

That's a good idea.

Edited by Zeeyo

• 2 weeks later...

Do a fundraising campaign online and set a goal of 300$, when it's done share it for everyone. Either way they're only useful for l2j developers.

Don't forget than in fundraising you could even set a larger goal (if you really want to). Still, GD is 3 years old, and seeing what changed in Lindvior, Epeisodion, as well as Ertheia and IO, it looks like that in current L2 there's hardly anything left from GD – not even GD's 4th classes and their skills are in use anymore (according to IDs observed in IO).

And unlike HF, which was last of its kind before major & completely unnecessary changes, GD is in the middle of major and unnecessary changes that were later reverted or reworked.

The price could be justified if it was an Epeisodion script pack with those Ertheia/IO html/geo bonuses. But GD… it's like C5. Nobody needs C5/GD, since C4/HF and IL/Ertheia are unquestionably going to be extraordinarily more popular.

But this is just my opinion.

TL;DR: GD isn't worth 300 USD to me, so I prefer the fundraising scenario, like others.

glory days was nice cuz of 8 classes only, so olympiad had huge competition even on low online servers.

Classes were changed in Lindvior, but only with name and few skills, 90% of skills is just the same to these on IO update.

In general it's not as bad as you say, GD has just less endgame content than IO and miss new race/few changes in skills.

Well, I didn't check if Iss Hiero/DC/Domi is reusing Iss Ench skills, but I'd bet it isn't (despite the fact that the skills do the same). Iss SD got their awakened dances, Iss SM got their awakened songs, Wynn AL got their cats, Wynn SM got their dark servitors, Wynn EM got their unicorns, …

You get the picture. While pretty much all 'divine' skills (before awakening) remain the same as in HF (and these still comprise the majority of player's skills), GDL introduced a lot (relatively) of new 'giant' skills.

Oh, and did I mention the not-so-small skill enchant related changes in IO? "Skill" is no longer an ID+level; now it's ID + level + sublevel.

I understand, IO does look pretty much like GoD. But then again, I could say IO looks pretty same as GF, because Ruin Imp Elders (isolated example, the correct term would be "all monster ai superclasses") act precisely THE SAME WAY as they did in GF. The free teleport bug is still there in IO as it was in GF. And so on…

My main point was that the script pack is 3 years old currently. It will only get more obsolete with time, so with the current price it may become more of a decoration than a useful (even if only for l2j) data pack before it finds a buyer. Therefore, crowdfunding.

P.S. Please consider the fact that I am an interested party and thus the point of view used in my messages may not objectively reflect the way general market perceives the value of the files for sale.

Edited by _dev_

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

You should do so, in that case you can bring up more money, and make l2j GoD chronicles to be much better (y)

• 3 weeks later...