Pokemon Mmo Project

xxdem

Today I was drunk, I've sat on the PC and I had to code something, after a few hours I've came into something that probably has lots of potential, a Pokemon MMO, In less than 5 hours I've already made a demo but I won't continue it unless I find skilled and good people who are eager to contribute in this project.

What we need:

• Big maps, very big maps. You need 1-2 days to get past Viridian Forest, etc
  • Scripted quests (I can code a very high level programming script language, won't need prog skills to make a quest)
  • Extremely hardcore gameplay (You own a Metapod? you're a rich man)
  • Balanced Pokemon
  • A Few graphics
  • A Script
  • Menu Textures
  • On Battle move animations (Im sure they are somewhere shared on the net

Content:

• All areas, moves, pokemon up to GEN 3
  • We are not limited to the original story's quests / characters but we are influenced by nintendo's map architecture from the games

What we have:

• All Pokemon animations
  • Beta GameClient (the one I coded today, has all the necessary functions to test LOTS of stuff)
  • Ability to handle ANY GameClient GameServer feature (coding)

Technical:

• Java Game Client (fast development, runs everywhere)
  • C++ Game Server
  • MySQL and NoSQL
  • Packed and Encrypted data in .package files

Screen:

rGRtdss.png

You don't need to be a programmer, a professional or anything to join the project. Feel free to send me applications in PM

Uploading a demo soon

Edited by xxdem

Yo, I finished high school as a proggramer but i have 0 proffesional experience!! I think that could be a really nice way to start get in the things, plus i love pokemon im playing since i was 5-6 till now!!

Edited by +cs.tribal

Yo, I finished high school as a proggramer but i have 0 proffesional experience!! I think that could be a really nice way to start get in the things, plus i love pokemon im playing since i was 5-6 till now!!

The scripts will be implemented in Scala or LUA, I'll contact you when Im ready for the scripts if you're interested.

Edited by xxdem