[Tutorial] Create your own cs1.6 non-steam server[with explonations how to...].

Histox

Guys i need a little help :

1. I dont have C:\Program Files\Valve\libist.gam I only have in C:\Program Files\Valve\cstrole\libist.gam  :S

2. When i do all these i go on desktop shortcut "Dedicated Server" I select all and then when i click run server i get these error :

Image :

imagexn4.png

But i go to that directory witch he said he couldn't find and i have there metamod.dll!

Any Answers? Thanks!

Download new admin pack or metamod or reinstall this admin patch

I do everything like in post says and when ppl try to connect to my server they cant > Its not loading a little boxes... And when i want to enter as admin it says u dont have entry to the server... Any solutions?

@blooddog >>> My libist.gam  >>> http://nopaste.com/p/aWQcn71u7

the line

gamedll addons/metamod/dlls/metamod.dll

should be like this:

gamedll "addons\metamod\dlls\metamod.dll"

And now please report detailed error messages. Maybe post screenshots or type the full error text into here. But atm I don't know youre whole problem^^.

When u put line with -------------dll" i get error from picture few post above this...

@Off-Topic can u make me a small turtorial about map voting on server? I searched on internet but i didnt find something special...

PM me with ur MSN cause i have few more questions to ask... Please Thanks!

Yes, sorry I forgot. He is right.

You need to forward these ports:

UDP 1200

TCP 27015

UDP 27020

UDP 27000 to 27015 inclusive

TCP 27030 to 27039 inclusive

When i make a server using ur way my friend tells me that the loading stars but stops at the second bar saying that he i s retrying connection and server not responding.  Must he forward those ports as well in order to connect?

Short - Yes. Yes, he has to forward those port ranges(ALL).

Also you should know his internet ip. if you get a ip like this: 192.168.X.X - THIS IS WRONG!

To know what IP he has, just visit whatismyip.com.

My IP atm:89.57.34.235

So if you want to connect to my (imagine) server you have to type in console:

connect 89.57.34.235:27015

I see. well i am using hlds.exe wich is for creating a server. And i get a window that tells me all the information about the server. So it sais the ip of the server as well and the port. So i tell him to write in the console to the one that the window sais and he gets this error. Retrying connection to server. So according to you by portforwarding he will be able to connect?

PS: the ip that i get for the server is indeed 198.168.x.x

In order to make your server global you have to forward your router's ports. follow these instructions(choose cs and then you router's model).

Then find your WAN IP address(www.whatismyip.com) and tell your friend to connect you your WANIP:PORT