Error "could Not Find Or Load Main Class.."

chckm8

Question

Hello everyone. If someone can help me in my problem. I've got old l2j server files (IL pack by lightmagik from 2008) and it works fine. I wanted to run my server on some newer files so I downloaded some server and data packs (Frost, aCis or L2J datapack and server from official l2server site) but it won't run. I've got error "could not find or load main class net.sf.l2j.gsregistering.gameserverregister" in all this versions.. What I'm doing wrong? I need maybe something else except server and datapacks? Maybe I extract files to wrong directories? Really I don't know.. I tried on another computer and it's the same..

Please help me in solving this..

Regards, Matt

7 answers to this question

You have to set the compiler to jdk. Windows -> Preferences -> Java -> installed jres and press "Add" -> select jdk from program files and then select it and you are done.

Old l2j int is using java 6 I guess, so you have to uninstall your java 8 and install JDK 6. But, I suggest you to use aCis with java 7. https://xp-dev.com/svn/aCis_community/

Hello mate..

Because i don't understand well what you said about "aCis or L2J datapack and server from official l2server site", i have a question..

You use for example aCis datapack files, and gameserver files from other project?

If yes, you can't do this.. The reasons is many.. For example, the scripts running via some java files and is not same from a project to other..

Here now...

error "could not find or load main class net.sf.l2j.gsregistering.gameserverregister"

Maybe you run the acis source files who downloaded on internet and is not compiled.. So, you trying to run the files from gameserver/disk..
If you do compile the source files, you can run it from "gameserver/build/dist".

Take a look in this topic and the posts of topic..

Thank you for answers guys,

How can I compile server and datapack? Of course I dont mix projects.

I used this for example :

https://github.com/L2J/L2J_Server/tree/Interlude

https://github.com/L2J/L2J_DataPack/tree/Interlude

I have to compile it?

btw. I dont have build folders in any of these packs..

Edited by chckm8

Hi again,

I tried to build this files by mysefl first time via Eclipse. I've got error:

Buildfile: C:\Users\mat\git\L2J_Server\L2J_Server\build.xml
clean:
   [delete] Deleting directory C:\Users\mat\git\L2J_Server\L2J_Server\build
init:
    [mkdir] Created dir: C:\Users\mat\git\L2J_Server\L2J_Server\build
    [mkdir] Created dir: C:\Users\mat\git\L2J_Server\L2J_Server\build\classes
    [mkdir] Created dir: C:\Users\mat\git\L2J_Server\L2J_Server\build\dist
    [mkdir] Created dir: C:\Users\mat\git\L2J_Server\L2J_Server\build\dist\login
    [mkdir] Created dir: C:\Users\mat\git\L2J_Server\L2J_Server\build\dist\gameserver
compile:

BUILD FAILED
C:\Users\mat\git\L2J_Server\L2J_Server\build.xml:51: Unable to find a javac compiler;
com.sun.tools.javac.Main is not on the classpath.
Perhaps JAVA_HOME does not point to the JDK.
It is currently set to "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_40"

Total time: 805 milliseconds

Okay, locked then.

PS: Jeżeli planujesz stawiać serwer, odradzam czyste l2j, jest po prostu "za stare" ;)

Edited by SweeTs
  • Haha 1