Shadow Items Modifying.

raF

Question

Hello cheaters. I want to make shadow items expiring even if player is offline or doesnt wear them. 

1. Make counter start when player obtain the item, not when equip it.

2. Remove all checks that can stop the task.

Tryskell:  If you speak of aCis, try dropping all ShadowItemTaskManager.getInstance().remove( method calls, and ShadowItemTaskManager onUnequip( content. Basically said,                      what you want is one time you put the item, the counter continue no matter what.

3. Keep counting when player is offline (db storage).

Edited by raF

1 minute ago, camenomat0 said:

Experience on playing will help you creatng a retail gameplay environment,and having knowledge on how skills or such stuff works will make job easier and of course with better results. How can you expect someone who never played to fix skills and balance the server's economy and overall gameplay? at least there should be such a Gm,with knowledge on game, quests,skills, and such stuff to support all players correctly and build the server right.

nice, but forget that thing there are just 10x+ (few low rates) servers with npc buffers / gm shop etc, its destroying retail things and u need also edit  all skills and everything, so its not about experiences, its about if you have time for that and eexperiences as developer, not player. 

Guys I really appreciate all your comments and I take them into deep consideration.I ve been playing L2 for like 11-12 years with a big variety of servers (mid/low/high rate). My first thought tbh was just to open it for me to learn some basics and u know "have fun spawning a Baium at Giran".As time goes by though, I m able to do more tasks in-game and I like that .Being myself a l2player in many pvp servers, I have seen so much features (both good and bad) and I know what a pvp server needs/lacks or I believe so.Anyway, I m not planning to open something unready for sure but I already know that I have a better server in comparison to the most I've played at.Thanks again all of you for your comments .(Btw im still looking for that anwer on Shadow Items  :P )

6 minutes ago, SweeTs said:

At least there should be an admin with Java knowledge to support its own server and fix critical issue if happen - mostly their own crappy custom. Sadly, we lack this one nowadays. 

Get shared pack, make it live, let it roll, close. 

True,and totally agree,but the issues will be tested and fixed in his own critic,without knowing if that's right to fix or not,or what way something should be fixed,that's why a gm with experience on the game would be helpfull,to manage and guide the dev on how to make the gameplay.

Unless the adm have both,developing skills and is trully experienced,so he can accomplish what he really needs.

14 minutes ago, AchYlek said:

its destroying retail things and u need also edit  all skills and everything, 

Well but i think everyone learnt what skills effects or the way they work while playing the game right?and again it's not luck that only few servers succeed,it's them with the most skilled admins,but at same time they know how game works.

Not necessarily. You can't rly compare old times with actual. Even skilled admina, devs, creating now a no-name server can fail / won't succeed that much as they would back in 2010, for example :D

Anyway, why do we discuss inside 2015 topic o.O

27 minutes ago, camenomat0 said:

Well but i think everyone learnt what skills effects or the way they work while playing the game right?and again it's not luck that only few servers succeed,it's them with the most skilled admins,but at same time they know how game works.

no its not about this, i wont spam this topic anymore but i will say just this... (talking about h5 mid rate scene, no idea how going now interlude)

you need atleast group of ppl who will test everything if you open mid / high rate,  since you need nerf / destroy some skills / boost some skills , same as quest (at every server it work different, so you need find  good way for your server) 

after you need decent developer who have knowleges, and will do it ...

and when you want open server u need first open some with random name / different hosting etc  (when you fail u will fix things what ppl reported etc)

and after 2-3 random server, u can pay for advert / ddos  etc.. and open server with your main name of server (like  l2dex , tales / destiny etc did) 

its not easy like u think, thats why l2 is now so trash game since everyone download pack, fix some things (not even that) and open server for 10-20 ppl 

First server always show your weakness as you can't test everything. Get bug reports, fix em, reopen or use random name as suggested so ppl won't flame, as they used to :D

• Like 1