L2J Problem :o

alextoti13

Question

13 answers to this question

What's the reason you want to use them? :o

What's wrong? You probably doin' it wrong, simple as that :happyforever:

Old db installers words kinda another way, or so :P Launch the bat and put all the info in the cmd. Else, you can c/p aCis db installer edit it to install proper files.

i just add the db etc password and others and nth happens

inside folder tools in server files find "database_installer" file and open it with notepad ( [GR] kane dexi klik panw sto file kai pata epexergasia)

edit all db passwords, db names etc and find the CORRECT route of MySQL. save it and try again

I recommend you to take rev 1433, it's not Java8 but doesn't contains things like this:

for (L2ItemInstance item : player.getInventory().getAvailableItems(false))
					{
						if (item == null)
						{
							continue;
						}
						if (_heroItems.contains(item.getItemId()))
						{
							continue;
						}

player.destroyItem("Hero", item, null, true);
						iu = new InventoryUpdate();
						iu.addRemovedItem(item);
						player.sendPacket(iu);
					}

This is from java/net/sf/l2j/gameserver/model/entity/Hero.java

There are some issues happened during the updates, I don't know how many. :lol:

Just a recommendation :lol:

About his problem, the db installer is about 2 steps... first set the correct path to the mysql bin folder and the connection settings, and then choose between upgrading or full installation. If you have typed a wrong settings, delete or edit the vars.txt file and try again... there are nothing that can go wrong, because it doesn't even depend on Java.

I think i got the same issue that he does.

ill make it known im no pro like you guys i just enjoy the lineage game

So anyway here goes.

Havent installed a server for few yrs been too life busy with work to play anything,but i got the L2 itch so i just looked in my ol hds and grabed a few i set aside.i had found 2, one was all setup from being used on my other system its pack from L2PS  ver 5860. and a compiled clean server from l2j server (Floorins old post last posted version).I had just upgraded to widows 8.1 and added an ssd Samsung 850 pro 512g and 1 hd for storage (old hd).

So ok time for jdk,i didnt know the new jdk 8 does not have 1.6 or it was 1.something srry i dont remeber (some srvices cannot run).So i droped back to to jdk7, also in use mysql 5.5, navicat 8. I then put in the server pack L2PS_5860. db installer worked fine everything went in fired up the game...error (client) there is an issue with win 8.1 and DSETUP,pulled one from Gracia system.Which worked but things like steam or amd overlays wont work,gg i think,But hey it all worked.Now this L2PS pack actually wouldnt be bad but it has some big issues.Its setup for the high rate pvp (im a dwaf damn it) and anytime you or a npc make use of a skill it lags and skips,did this in my old setup aswell (its his pack) because i could always grab night builds from l2j server put it in and everything was smooth as it should be.

So ill do the same now..but when i try to run any installer from any other pack cmd flashes and thats it.It does so quckly you cant read anything.Run as admin ok it will start but this is what it does. first screen that comes up on start is = loginserver database install type i hit reconfigure (info was already in by edit) just to let it all run thru. It says its all done and returns to the loginserver database install type screen,does not create a vars.txt file.I run the rest of it,I hit full install it says trying to make backup of community server then drops to community server data base install click full install and the pattern continues through the rest of it.It makes no backups of anything and installs nothing.Just to try it cause i had no need to before i tried running the installer in the L2PS as admin and it did the same thing.But if i just run it normal double click and run it fires right up in that pack.

You can drag the vars.txt from L2PS into the l2jserver and it will run make backups,install tables but it still cant run it gives this.

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: com/l2jserver
/tools/gsregistering/BaseGameServerRegister : Unsupported major.minor version 52
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:800)
        at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:14
2)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:449)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(URLClassLoader.java:71)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:361)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:355)
        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:354)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:425)
        at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:308)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:358)
        at sun.launcher.LauncherHelper.checkAndLoadMain(LauncherHelper.java:482)

Press any key to continue . . .

the other server that started and worked already had files in it from running before i just copied it to an hd while i put windows 8.1 in (i had vista in it was beyond time) but evrything ive tried to from scratch so to do speak hasnt worked, I hope its just a simple setting in windows or something i just forgot to put in?its been a while. till then ill play on this skill lagging one.

TY.

srry guys its l2jserver 6649  dp10448

Edited by Small72

Alexioti, give to your self some time, search inside on database_installer, loginserver,gameserver.properties and you'll find the problem..

People always expect help from the forum for something simple..

pack is not preconfigurated...

What matter if a pack is preconfig or not with database part?

Use this backup.

any idea? ive checked the things he said to check everything is filled out that i can see.but still double click to start db_installer and it just blinks?

Edited by Small72