What Do You Think About Paypal & Receiving Donations?

Karasu

Paypal policy will update on January, 2015 

Good luck receiving donates on your servers, you will have big surprises  :happyforever:  :happyforever:  :happyforever:  :happyforever:  :happyforever:  :happyforever:  :happyforever:

"averia/tales and such servers etc ,people will buy 500 euro gear and refund you after 100 days " Then you will wake up with a chargeback settlement. Not only you will lose this 500 euro but who knows what is the fee that paypal will steal.

If someone donates you 100 euro x5 times, you will face Hell "you will pay easy over 100+ euro fee to paypal chargeback settlement as a BONUS!"

Personally i got 3 chargebacks after 40+ days, each amount of donation 20 euro from a br (TOTAL 60 EURO). Guess what?

Not only i lost this 60 euro dispute. But for each 20 euro dispute Paypal taxed me extra 16 euro fee = 48 euro fee for 3x disputes from the same guy! FTW STORY ISNT? 108 euro lost GG!

paypal will **** you. Players will **** you

Time to change this shitty service to skrill? or what do you think.

Lucky for me, lineage has came to an end so i will quit. But what about you? you will eat that crap? Donations = refund 100% always possible! you cant argue with their policy. Says that virtual items are not protected  by any means!

Goodbye Paypal! We will miss you!  :lied:

So how the things work around here?

You go to a shop, you buy some shoes. You use them for 150+ days (5 months), the shoes are destroyed and looks horrible and even have holes, so what youre gonna do? its simple! you gonna go back to shop and ask for a refund or a replacement / complain to owner! Paypal is working like that! COOL STORY YES?

1. PayPal Buyer Protection

Section 13 is amended to make several improvements to the PayPal Buyer Protection policy. The amendments will:
    • improve the conditions of reimbursement under PayPal Buyer Protection by:
      • increasing the time allowed for buyers to raise a Dispute from 45 days to 180 days from the date on which payment was made (UK resident PayPal users already benefit from this improvement); and
      • extending the range of eligible purchases to cover custom made items that are claimed to be Not Received.
    • for UK resident users contracting with PayPal under the User Agreement, clarify at new section 13.4.a.k that the purchase of any wager (whether by way of backing or laying against any outcome or otherwise) and any other opportunity to benefit from a gambling activity is not an eligible purchase.
    • for all users contracting with PayPal under the User Agreement, clarify at section 13.6 that, if PayPal has reason to believe that returning an item that the buyer claims is SNAD to the Payment Recipient would result in a violation of applicable law, such as laws related to handling counterfeit items, PayPal may report the item to a competent authority. This may result in the authority taking control of and/or possession of the item from the buyer and the Payment Recipient might not receive the item back.

Please remember that if you sell or market to buyers in other countries, you should read the PayPal Buyer Protection policies of the countries in which your target buyers are based (the relevant PayPal Buyer Protection policies are available here and are also accessible via the “Legal” or “Legal Agreements” footer on most PayPal site pages) as these policies will apply to you as a Payment Recipient or seller.  The link to the relevant PayPal Buyer Protection policies will also be included in section 13.1.
Edited by Karasu

Well... that's trully bad not for lineage server but the whole website's wich using paypal.. what about ebay? and such other website's?!
Also when someone Donate means he give's something for FREE, on lineage 'they' made donate to take items, actually donation is i give something for free even that is

money or something else. For example! When someone Donates 100€ to Unicef via paypal and that someone will refund that 100€ then Unicef must payback those 100€?!
Dont think so... Also Donations (The politic of donation and not Donation from lineage) as i know they cannot refund..!
Anyway, seems paypal goes to the end :P
Thanks for info also!

If i'm not wrong, send ing you money as a Gift cannot be refund.
Also, you cannot get refund when you buy digital items.

//Edit

If someone cannot donate with "gift" option then deny his donation. ;)

Edited by `iAndre

The biggest problem occurs when fraud happens. Lot's of "unsatisfied customers" imitate stealing and get full refund.. Hard to determine, whether somebody really donated from stolen account or the owner decided to login from other IP and buy himself a few days of full donated playing, then he disputes the payment from his original ip..

maybe start using other company..

Yeah good luck with that. Tried for example 2checkout, when they saw that I want to use them for l2 donations, they declined my appeal ^^

What if you take the money on every donation to another account, as far as i know, each non verifield paypal account can handle up to 2500 euro?

Just asking for the results.. Never tried or know the consequences... just an idea..

Edited by `NeverMore

What if you take the money on every donation to another account, as far as i know, each non verifield paypal account can handle up to 2500 euro?

Just asking for the results.. Never tried or know the consequences... just an idea..

The problem is that you need to add a bank account, so you are trackable? Or is that only optional?

I think with non verifiled paypal you can send up to 700-800 euro to your bank account with no problem!
So each time you reach a limit you create a new one.. Dont know if its posible but seems legit

I think with non verifiled paypal you can send up to 700-800 euro to your bank account with no problem!

So each time you reach a limit you create a new one.. Dont know if its posible but seems legit

they limit fake accounts asap

If i'm not wrong, send ing you money as a Gift cannot be refund.

Also, you cannot get refund when you buy digital items.

//Edit

If someone cannot donate with "gift" option then deny his donation. ;)

if u cant refund by buying digital items then why i got 60 euro lost + 48 euro fees lost more?

i have specified all the proofs available, including thats a digital item!

and whats more, the dispute was comming from an "unverified paypal".

Paypal are ignoring messages. Maybe i should had call them back then, this way i shouldnt lose... "i guess"

Edited by Karasu

if u cant refund by buying digital items then why i got 60 euro lost + 48 euro fees lost more?

i have specified all the proofs available, including thats a digital item!

and whats more, the dispute was comming from an "unverified paypal".

Paypal are ignoring messages. Maybe i should had call them back then, this way i shouldnt lose... "i guess"

Well, that's what i knew.

Maybe they changed their policy to that too.